Mephisto Genetics First run LOS, featuring Ripley's, Fugue, and Creme Stomper

Day 43 for Creme Stomper and Fugue State, day 36 for Ripleys, day 22ish for the DP Auto Mazar. Gave each pot a fiskar haircut to the cover crop, and then covered all the leafage with a nice top dressing. Used 50/50 Oly Mtn compost/worm castings, then amended in some rock dust, gypsum, oyster shell flour, neem gold, neem ninja, malted barley, bokashi, humic acid, high P seabird guano, alfalfa meal, kelp meal. Then tossed in a few handfuls of premium wood bark mulch. Then misted with water to activate the mix. I have been alternating between top and bottom feeding, these pot are wicking very nicely. Each plants been getting roughly a quart of water daily, I expect more drinking in the coming weeks.
Also got some LactoB brewing (thanks @Organic Sinse ) that I will start using soon, also activated some EM1 that will also be used, not at the same time though.

I have been tying down the tops of ROG and FS periodically to slow down vertical growth and allow the lowers to climb up. I should have topped them at 4th node, but I didn't. CS is just a beautiful structure, all I've done with her is pinch the main stem below the top once.

0io4dTv.jpg

The new kids for the 10G pots are doing well, except for the DP AGOG which did not make it again (very old seeds). So I got a Meph Hubbabubba Haze soaking to take it's place.

zPyEbqV.jpg

Some bud shots of my Meph 2019 Artisanal Testers, 93 days in except PP taken at 87 and chopped.

Pink Panama

P3LJVY7.jpg

Super Orange Haze

6wnZ5FB.jpg

Hubbabubba Haze

KQtgpVZ.jpg

Mango Smile

OM4CeEj.jpg

Pic of the big ones

ladiUj6.jpg
Hey brother, nice work! It looks like you have things under control quite well, as I knew you would! You will be crushing the next round even better. Keep it up, you guys are gonna convert people to LOS fast with these results. I was wondering, do your Neem products smell like NEEM oil? My buddy used Neem oil spray once and it smelled strongly of Neem oil in his place. I am not sure how often he sprayed it, I am sure the top dressing is different and would not effect the taste like spraying potentially can. Peace, slow

Day 43 for Creme Stomper and Fugue State, day 36 for Ripleys, day 22ish for the DP Auto Mazar. Gave each pot a fiskar haircut to the cover crop, and then covered all the leafage with a nice top dressing. Used 50/50 Oly Mtn compost/worm castings, then amended in some rock dust, gypsum, oyster shell flour, neem gold, neem ninja, malted barley, bokashi, humic acid, high P seabird guano, alfalfa meal, kelp meal. Then tossed in a few handfuls of premium wood bark mulch. Then misted with water to activate the mix. I have been alternating between top and bottom feeding, these pot are wicking very nicely. Each plants been getting roughly a quart of water daily, I expect more drinking in the coming weeks.
Also got some LactoB brewing (thanks @Organic Sinse ) that I will start using soon, also activated some EM1 that will also be used, not at the same time though.

I have been tying down the tops of ROG and FS periodically to slow down vertical growth and allow the lowers to climb up. I should have topped them at 4th node, but I didn't. CS is just a beautiful structure, all I've done with her is pinch the main stem below the top once.

0io4dTv.jpg

The new kids for the 10G pots are doing well, except for the DP AGOG which did not make it again (very old seeds). So I got a Meph Hubbabubba Haze soaking to take it's place.

zPyEbqV.jpg

Some bud shots of my Meph 2019 Artisanal Testers, 93 days in except PP taken at 87 and chopped.

Pink Panama

P3LJVY7.jpg

Super Orange Haze

6wnZ5FB.jpg

Hubbabubba Haze

KQtgpVZ.jpg

Mango Smile

OM4CeEj.jpg

Pic of the big ones

ladiUj6.jpg
Another tip you will like. Make up that same recipe that you top dressed ahead of time, the farther ahead the better. It will give the amendments a jump start on breaking down and work even better. Then you have a 'fix it mix' top dress, you can add whenever you want without having to go thru all the steps. (Just scoop some out of bucket or tote and spread it on, followed by a watering.) I essentially do this in my worm bin, I call it 'precycling' nutrients. They are almost liquid fast after watering in.
cheers
os

You don't mess around, that's one heck of a top dress recipe you got going! Lots of diversity!
Doesn't wicking make life easy!
cheers
os

Thanks grobro, hope I didn't over do it. Kept it light on most items, but pretty diverse. Hopefully a buffet for the microbes.

Yes wicking is great, I love how it keeps an evenish amount of moisture in the pots.
Nice report and pics!
Thanks Mr. OB, trying to do a better job with my sharing, but life keeps getting in the way.
How's the recent harvest treating you?

Hey brother, nice work! It looks like you have things under control quite well, as I knew you would! You will be crushing the next round even better. Keep it up, you guys are gonna convert people to LOS fast with these results. I was wondering, do your Neem products smell like NEEM oil? My buddy used Neem oil spray once and it smelled strongly of Neem oil in his place. I am not sure how often he sprayed it, I am sure the top dressing is different and would not effect the taste like spraying potentially can. Peace, slow

Thanks slow!! Plants look good, just smaller than I'm used to growing. And flowering faster that my norm, which is a nice change. Over all health is really good, it's usually around this time that I'd have to start feeding the organic plants in the past, but I don't really even see a blemish on any leaves. The damn gnats are declining, but ffs they are hard to defeat.

Yeah next round things should be well established, and hopefully things will get better and better.

As for the neem cake meal I use, I'd say Mr.OS described it perfectly and deffo no smell once mixed.
^^^Neem meal kind of smells like an Indian restaurant to me. I notice no odor coming from a soil mix or a top dress mixed with worm castings.
cheers
os

Ditto :d5:

Another tip you will like. Make up that same recipe that you top dressed ahead of time, the farther ahead the better. It will give the amendments a jump start on breaking down and work even better. Then you have a 'fix it mix' top dress, you can add whenever you want without having to go thru all the steps. (Just scoop some out of bucket or tote and spread it on, followed by a watering.) I essentially do this in my worm bin, I call it 'precycling' nutrients. They are almost liquid fast after watering in.
cheers
os
That is great info! I was going for a little slower release on this top dressing, but I can see the advantage of having some "cooked" top dressings on hand for the quick fix.
I really appreciate the knowledge and tips your dropping in here.:d5:

All is well ..... Sam is very intoxicating and we haven’t tried much of the Bears or Gold or Nugs yet as we have so much Sam and I’ve given away some as well .....

Wife is addicted to harvesting kief and the stuff from Sam has a hashish taste so we’ve been blasted with some of that - I am just absolutely loving the organic taste and smoothness ..... In total we got 5+ grams of pressed kief, love it ....

Have a couple three outdoors girls getting started and decided to do a single Gold Glue even though we will be moving in a few weeks to summer digs - I’m just going to toss the plant inside a heavy box when time comes and pack in trailer and move along with household furniture and other items packed deeped .....

Going to experiment and use a smaller container on Gold but has one cubic foot of dirt plus mulch on top, a SIP Container same as I grew Sam in but smaller ... A smaller plant like gold Glue should do just fine .....

https://earthbox.com/earthbox-junior-container-gardening-system

You hit on it with too with your bottom water and keeping moisture consistent - A SIP Container does that naturally and you never ever over or under water, never and the PLASTIC mulch cover that is placed over your top dressings and mulch PREVENTS gnats from ever happening and condenses and drops moisture down ....

Peace,
OB

All is well ..... Sam is very intoxicating and we haven’t tried much of the Bears or Gold or Nugs yet as we have so much Sam and I’ve given away some as well .....

Wife is addicted to harvesting kief and the stuff from Sam has a hashish taste so we’ve been blasted with some of that - I am just absolutely loving the organic taste and smoothness ..... In total we got 5+ grams of pressed kief, love it ....

Have a couple three outdoors girls getting started and decided to do a single Gold Glue even though we will be moving in a few weeks to summer digs - I’m just going to toss the plant inside a heavy box when time comes and pack in trailer and move along with household furniture and other items packed deeped .....

Going to experiment and use a smaller container on Gold but has one cubic foot of dirt plus mulch on top, a SIP Container same as I grew Sam in but smaller ... A smaller plant like gold Glue should do just fine .....

https://earthbox.com/earthbox-junior-container-gardening-system

You hit on it with too with your bottom water and keeping moisture consistent - A SIP Container does that naturally and you never ever over or under water, never and the PLASTIC mulch cover that is placed over your top dressings and mulch PREVENTS gnats from ever happening and condenses and drops moisture down ....

Peace,
OB
Sorry for the delayed response, been trying to harvest all the testers, and it's been a real task. Nice to have those out of the way.

Glad you are enjoying sam, and yeah kief is a nice concentrate. Hits you hard in the dome.

Good luck with GG, hope she travels well for you.

That earth box is really nice, one guy said he's been using same ones for over 10 years under the sun. And they are still rocking.

Been alternating top and bottom watering, trying to find a balance. Getting close to abandoning the cover crop, and covering like you said. This batch of nematodes is ineffective.

Here's an update, been busy chopping the sativa testers, glad they are harvested and drying. Also rearranged the groom.

H8t9Lw1.jpg

Day 51 for CS and Fug.St., day 44 for ROG. Giving mostly water and EM1 occasionally, watered with the lacto I made once. Really pleased with how well they are flowering. And they all are very healthy.

Group shot back left Fugue, back right Creme Stomper, front left Ripley's, front right Auto Mazar.

5oMQ32i.jpg

Shot of Fugue and Creme stomper unobstructed.

oAGuVcf.jpg

CS top, praying unlike I've ever seen.

6Lkew1w.jpg

Ripley's

pCx0SHR.jpg

Stardawg made it into a 10G pot (filled with 7G)

XPiXc5U.jpg

Hubbabubba Haze and Super Orange Haze still need time for transplant, SOH seems stunted, hope she makes it to her LOS pot. Her first leaves look like a set of wings.

OPG3hNg.jpg

Glad you are busy and super glad on the results .....

I like this type of pot for seedlings- these pots prune the roots ..... None of my plants have a main tap root, rather they have many roots ...... I use this type of pot https://www.kisorganics.com/products/fertilpots-biodegradable-wood-fiber-pots or a RootMaker Pot https://rootmaker.com/ ......

You’ll find when soil moisture is right and soil mix is correct along with light and environment standup praying is common ..... Super Job Roasty ......

Peace,
OB

Check out the story on Global Buckets

http://tacticalintelligence.net/blog/urban-gardening-the-sip-way.htm

Glad you are busy and super glad on the results .....

I like this type of pot for seedlings- these pots prune the roots ..... None of my plants have a main tap root, rather they have many roots ...... I use this type of pot https://www.kisorganics.com/products/fertilpots-biodegradable-wood-fiber-pots or a RootMaker Pot https://rootmaker.com/ ......

You’ll find when soil moisture is right and soil mix is correct along with light and environment standup praying is common ..... Super Job Roasty ......

Peace,
OB

Check out the story on Global Buckets

http://tacticalintelligence.net/blog/urban-gardening-the-sip-way.htm
Thanks Mr. OB!!

I do need a better starting method, those cups in the link look great. Just let them break down in the pot, easy peasy transplant.
That CS is on another level of praying, the others not so much. The Ripley's is starting to claw a little, going to give plain water to her for a while.
Appreciate the feedback grobro!

Thanks Mr. OB!!

I do need a better starting method, those cups in the link look great. Just let them break down in the pot, easy peasy transplant.
That CS is on another level of praying, the others not so much. The Ripley's is starting to claw a little, going to give plain water to her for a while.
Appreciate the feedback grobro!

Curious if clawing might trace back to excess moisture - any gnats in that container?

Back