Mephisto Genetics First run LOS, featuring Ripley's, Fugue, and Creme Stomper

AzaMax ... Listed for use in organic production.

https://www.planetnatural.com/product/azamax-azadirachtin/

Idea???

Use for Foliar Spray and Cover ALL Pots that contain Soil with Plastic ...... Pickup Pots to get sense of weight when wet and don’t water until Pots lighten up and maybe even some minor stress dryness appears and then water slowly and try to avoid any runoff ..... In my LOS Soil Waterings I would Water X Amount and then feel bottom of Pot - when bottom got damp I stopped watering - I also had about 2.5 inches of rock in the bottom of my Pots, you could say I had extra rock for drainage compared to most as I learnt from Grow [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] how important drainage was - In first grow I had zero rocks for drainage as I thought just using cloth pot would suffice- oopsie!

Yeah Azamax is what I meant.

The flyers don't concern me as much as the larvae and pupa feeding on the roots. Those are the effers that must die, and that will break the cycle, over a couple 2-3 applications. Just wasn't sure if it would be harmful to worms and bennies. Then cover to keep adults from laying more eggs. But in the past covering wasn't necessary.

air flow....get those leaves flapping :)
kill larvae by
watering in some diatomaceous earth

Sorry for the lack of updates folks, been busy. We are at day 65 for CS and Fug. St., day 58 for Ripley's. The gnats are declining from the 2 treatments of Azamax (shit's expensive, $30 for 4oz., makes 8 gallons.), got 3 sticky cards to catch some adults. Hoping to be free of those effers within a week.
Got to say that this may be the nicest looking plants I've had at this age, never been able to keep them so healthy at this stage. Next round should be stellar if I can manage the seedlings a lot better.
Group
NdhlHON.jpg

Ripley's
cjya4h1.jpg

Fugue
Ui3qv90.jpg

Creme Stomper
NY2J8i6.jpg

Left to right; Stardawg, SOH, HBH
SOH and HBH have been a struggle, they stalled out from overwatering, light burn, and gnats. SOH is the same age as the Stardawg, pretty crazy how different they've grown with very similar conditions. HBH is a week behind the two. Seeing new growth now, so they may get to live. I have germed an Orange Diesel and a Ghost Stomper into Rapid rooters, to replace SOH and HBH. But they seem to be recovering. Hopefully I can harvest Fug and CS and put them right into those pots.
irtvG8R.jpg

Thanks for looking, and have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Sorry for the lack of updates folks, been busy. We are at day 65 for CS and Fug. St., day 58 for Ripley's. The gnats are declining from the 2 treatments of Azamax (shit's expensive, $30 for 4oz., makes 8 gallons.), got 3 sticky cards to catch some adults. Hoping to be free of those effers within a week.
Got to say that this may be the nicest looking plants I've had at this age, never been able to keep them so healthy at this stage. Next round should be stellar if I can manage the seedlings a lot better.
Group
NdhlHON.jpg

Ripley's
cjya4h1.jpg

Fugue
Ui3qv90.jpg

Creme Stomper
NY2J8i6.jpg

Left to right; Stardawg, SOH, HBH
SOH and HBH have been a struggle, they stalled out from overwatering, light burn, and gnats. SOH is the same age as the Stardawg, pretty crazy how different they've grown with very similar conditions. HBH is a week behind the two. Seeing new growth now, so they may get to live. I have germed an Orange Diesel and a Ghost Stomper into Rapid rooters, to replace SOH and HBH. But they seem to be recovering. Hopefully I can harvest Fug and CS and put them right into those pots.
irtvG8R.jpg

Thanks for looking, and have a wonderful holiday weekend!
I said it before...I am amazed at how great your plants look for having gnats pretty badly. I think in most cases it would be very destructive, but not for you! You are gonna kill the next round. May I make a small suggestion? Hold off starting anything else new until those are harvested. Get those gnats under complete control and then that 1st round of a clean environment will probably make up for the slight time you will need to break this cycle. If u keep starting new plants, chances are the cycle will continue....maybe at a smaller level. It sounds like your soil is/was contaminated. I would find a new source of Soil and ditch the stuff you have been using. Keep up the good work, you are gonna have some nice buds for first attempt. Your 2nd will be even Better. But 3rd time I know you are going to be bug free and flawless plants. You should be proud of your first attempt. I remember you saying you had some gnats when you first started these plants. For them to look that great and battle them that long is awesome! I see you are using Azomax? That should help break the cycle. But do not keep opened soil. Get a whole new supply for next round. Peace slow

Man oh man looking killer - Next grow you’ll have it nailed for sure!:drool:

Thanks Mr. OB!!!!! Deffo feeling good about next round.

I said it before...I am amazed at how great your plants look for having gnats pretty badly. I think in most cases it would be very destructive, but not for you! You are gonna kill the next round. May I make a small suggestion? Hold off starting anything else new until those are harvested. Get those gnats under complete control and then that 1st round of a clean environment will probably make up for the slight time you will need to break this cycle. If u keep starting new plants, chances are the cycle will continue....maybe at a smaller level. It sounds like your soil is/was contaminated. I would find a new source of Soil and ditch the stuff you have been using. Keep up the good work, you are gonna have some nice buds for first attempt. Your 2nd will be even Better. But 3rd time I know you are going to be bug free and flawless plants. You should be proud of your first attempt. I remember you saying you had some gnats when you first started these plants. For them to look that great and battle them that long is awesome! I see you are using Azomax? That should help break the cycle. But do not keep opened soil. Get a whole new supply for next round. Peace slow
Thanks Mr. Slow!!!!
So the 4 pots in the tent really haven't had a gnat problem since I put on the last top dressing on over a month ago. They have been a nightmare on my 10G pots outside the tent. But I soaked all my pots with Azamax to hopefully break the cycle. It's been 2 days since the soaking, and I notice a serious decline. It'll take about a week before they are completely gone.
No way am I chucking this soil, I've put a lot of time and effort into them pots. And the soil will only get better the longer I care for it. Still have a few tricks up my sleeve if the treatment isn't successful. Thanks for following along, and advice much appreciated.

Day 72 for CS and Fugue, 65 for Ripley's. Bought a 12 carrot bluemat setup, and put 3 carrots in each pot. Seem to be working really well, only issue is all the pots are linked together till I get some quick connects. Then I can make each pot removable. Connectors it came with are pretty permanent. Easy fix. Plants are doing great, checked CS trichs, and all cloudy, thinking another week on her. Fugue looks like 10-14 days out, haven't scoped her yet. Ripley's just keeps getting fatter buds, probably at least 14 days left for her.

ydg33eL.jpg

r2RuJ29.jpg

Fugue
2VFoSjI.jpg

CS
vjVDLnd.jpg

LOuZ6Kc.jpg

Ripley's
NK5fmZy.jpg

mcgjuuu.jpg

New setup in the 10G pot area, Covered all the pots with trash bags, and used velcro to help seal around the perimeter. The kids are starting to recover, but the damage is done, probably will be very small stunted plants.

5GVPzXF.jpg

jhF834Z.jpg

Day 72 for CS and Fugue, 65 for Ripley's. Bought a 12 carrot bluemat setup, and put 3 carrots in each pot. Seem to be working really well, only issue is all the pots are linked together till I get some quick connects. Then I can make each pot removable. Connectors it came with are pretty permanent. Easy fix. Plants are doing great, checked CS trichs, and all cloudy, thinking another week on her. Fugue looks like 10-14 days out, haven't scoped her yet. Ripley's just keeps getting fatter buds, probably at least 14 days left for her.

ydg33eL.jpg

r2RuJ29.jpg

Fugue
2VFoSjI.jpg

CS
vjVDLnd.jpg

LOuZ6Kc.jpg

Ripley's
NK5fmZy.jpg

mcgjuuu.jpg

New setup in the 10G pot area, Covered all the pots with trash bags, and used velcro to help seal around the perimeter. The kids are starting to recover, but the damage is done, probably will be very small stunted plants.

5GVPzXF.jpg

jhF834Z.jpg
Great looking mature plants @Roasty McToasty . Very green at this stage in the organics game. You are going to love CS. Better than its parts for sure. I’ve been watching your war on FG. Hate those f#%%ers! Bags are a great idea. Congrats on an excellent run. The smells must be amazing!

Last edited:
@Roasty McToasty Brother you are getting it together ....

Love the Blumat- That should keep soil moisture at perfect level ..... I can hardly wait to see the next round.

Peace,
OB

Thanks OB!!! I'd be in worse sitch for sure without your guidance. I am very grateful to you for being a beacon in the darkness. Would be lost without you taking the time, and I thank you for it. :d5:

Yeah I really like the Bluemats a lot. Feel like it's keeping the pots perfectly moist, way better than I can manage with a watering can. Plus the wife likes I have more time outside the garden. Next round should be killer, following some of your good advice on seedling care, so we should see much better plants in the future.

Great looking mature plants @Roasty McToasty . Very green at this stage in the organics game. You are going to love CS. Better than its parts for sure. I’ve been watching your war on FG. Hate those f#%%ers! Bags are a great idea. Congrats on an excellent run. The smells must be amazing!
Thanks BCBL!!!! Yes very green still, only CS has faded and lost about 4 large upper fan leaves. Gorgeous purples and yellows like CDLC. CDLC is by far my favorite smoke, so good to hear CS is even better. She really does smell amazing, a pleasant mix of her parents for sure, fruity and chemmy, very very sweet aroma. Chopping next weekend if I get some amber trichs real soon.
Yeah eff those lil buggers, they have been a challenge. May have to cover all the pots in the tent as well. The last of the flyers are desperately trying to save the colony, by hanging out in the tent. Hoping their eggs won't make it in the well neemed top dressing.

Back