Mephisto Genetics First run LOS, featuring Ripley's, Fugue, and Creme Stomper

Curious if clawing might trace back to excess moisture - any gnats in that container?

Yes on the effing gnats, and Idk on moisture at the surface. Been trying to keep it moist with occasional mistings. The gnats have subsided quite a bit since the last top dressing, probably the neem doing its thang. But the 10G pots are inundated with the effers. Might try a plastic mulch on them and just let the cover crop mulch down, Idk. Already dropped that weak SOH into it's LOS pot, thinking it might do better in there. So covering will be tricky. And it's my last one, hope Meph drops them soon.
As always, your input is very valuable to me.

Hum, just so you know I’m not very experienced with bugs ....... but I know enough that we need to break their cycle of soil to leaf back to soil, etc ......

Personally I would stop with any waterings for a few days and watch for signs of moisture stress ....... lift pots for weight etc .....

then water as needed and sprinkle some neem over top and mist and then place plastic cover over top - Trash bag cut to fit with string tied on sides - Keep tight to stem and use second layer if necessary ...... Cut down ground cover as necessary to accommodate mulch cover ..... then .....

Spray leaves, especially undersides with neem spray, I think would have to research but a spray - follow directions - and possible sticky traps to see results ......

Investigate the SIP Containers for future and eliminate two problems, watering issues and bugs ....

Episodes 19, 21, 22 and 23 Address some of these issues https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/podcast

Hum, just so you know I’m not very experienced with bugs ....... but I know enough that we need to break their cycle of soil to leaf back to soil, etc ......

Personally I would stop with any waterings for a few days and watch for signs of moisture stress ....... lift pots for weight etc .....

then water as needed and sprinkle some neem over top and mist and then place plastic cover over top - Trash bag cut to fit with string tied on sides - Keep tight to stem and use second layer if necessary ...... Cut down ground cover as necessary to accommodate mulch cover ..... then .....

Spray leaves, especially undersides with neem spray, I think would have to research but a spray - follow directions - and possible sticky traps to see results ......

Investigate the SIP Containers for future and eliminate two problems, watering issues and bugs ....

Episodes 19, 21, 22 and 23 Address some of these issues https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/podcast
Thank you for the tips and advice MOB!!! Will do some more research, and check out those links. :d5:

Here's an update, been busy chopping the sativa testers, glad they are harvested and drying. Also rearranged the groom.

H8t9Lw1.jpg

Day 51 for CS and Fug.St., day 44 for ROG. Giving mostly water and EM1 occasionally, watered with the lacto I made once. Really pleased with how well they are flowering. And they all are very healthy.

Group shot back left Fugue, back right Creme Stomper, front left Ripley's, front right Auto Mazar.

5oMQ32i.jpg

Shot of Fugue and Creme stomper unobstructed.

oAGuVcf.jpg

CS top, praying unlike I've ever seen.

6Lkew1w.jpg

Ripley's

pCx0SHR.jpg

Stardawg made it into a 10G pot (filled with 7G)

XPiXc5U.jpg

Hubbabubba Haze and Super Orange Haze still need time for transplant, SOH seems stunted, hope she makes it to her LOS pot. Her first leaves look like a set of wings.

OPG3hNg.jpg

Beautiful work, bro! I‘m amazed about the speed you‘ve learned to manage a LOS in such a good way
:slap:

Beautiful work, bro! I‘m amazed about the speed you‘ve learned to manage a LOS in such a good way
I agree, but not surprised. Roasty has a green thumb! He is killing it, even with problems. True skills. @Roasty McToasty, I am sorry your gnats are still around...once they are gone you are going to be on another level. Good works bro, peace Slow

@MrOldBoy is right. You need to break the life cycle bro . They are able to bread and reproduce. His plastic cover is a great idea. The bugs need to emerge and the plastic should help to avoid fliers getting in and out of the soil. I'm impressed at how well they look, even with bugs. That would destroy some grows, so even with the gnats they are looking spectacular.

Thank you for the kindness gringuito!!! I am still just a padawan with this LOS, I have to give credit to the guys helping me along. I too am surprised at how well things are going, considering the effing gnats.

I agree, but not surprised. Roasty has a green thumb! He is killing it, even with problems. True skills. @Roasty McToasty, I am sorry your gnats are still around...once they are gone you are going to be on another level. Good works bro, peace Slow
Thanks slow, these mf sob coonts need to die. The nematodes worked well the first time I used them. Had them eradicated, then my wife reintroduced them to my groom with her stoopid loofas. Got a different brand of todes, that seem to be bunk. Might get some more of the original, and put an end to this nightmare.

@MrOldBoy is right. You need to break the life cycle bro . They are able to bread and reproduce. His plastic cover is a great idea. The bugs need to emerge and the plastic should help to avoid fliers getting in and out of the soil. I'm impressed at how well they look, even with bugs. That would destroy some grows, so even with the gnats they are looking spectacular.
Yep, got to cut off the life cycle to truly be rid of them. The neem in the top dressing on the plants in the tent, have kept them minimal, think they are visiting from the other pots trying to colonize, but the neem is doing its thing and helping.

more airflow
make their lives miserable

They will still find a way to survive.

More Airflow will help with excessive moisture and will not hurt... but is not the solution to his problem. You have to break the life cycle. They don't like a lot of air, but if other conditions are favorable they will multiple fast.

Complete eradication is the only way forward. And yes, cutting off the life cycle is the only way to achieve this.

If I used Azomax, would that be a no no in the LOS world? It says organic, but....

AzaMax ... Listed for use in organic production.

https://www.planetnatural.com/product/azamax-azadirachtin/

Idea???

Use for Foliar Spray and Cover ALL Pots that contain Soil with Plastic ...... Pickup Pots to get sense of weight when wet and don’t water until Pots lighten up and maybe even some minor stress dryness appears and then water slowly and try to avoid any runoff ..... In my LOS Soil Waterings I would Water X Amount and then feel bottom of Pot - when bottom got damp I stopped watering - I also had about 2.5 inches of rock in the bottom of my Pots, you could say I had extra rock for drainage compared to most as I learnt from Grow [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] how important drainage was - In first grow I had zero rocks for drainage as I thought just using cloth pot would suffice- oopsie!

Last edited:
Back