Outdoor First outdoor winter grow. Southern hemisphere

Whar a great place for a winter auto grow! You starting any photoperiod plants yet. Now would be a great time I bet!

Whar a great place for a winter auto grow! You starting any photoperiod plants yet. Now would be a great time I bet!
I started out with autos this winter just to kill some time until spring to put in some photos. However I have come to love autos and now I think I will only grow a couple of photos this season. I will probably start my photos around the end of the month. What photo strains have you run outdoor? Any recommendations for strains that like heat?

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

@the green bandit .:clapper::clapper::clapper: they are looking great mate . :woohoo: There is one thing you can do and that is to put some shade cloth over the top of them as it will drop the temp a bit . Here is my 2 girls as of today . . :thumbsup:
DSC_0041.JPG

@the green bandit .:clapper::clapper::clapper: they are looking great mate . :woohoo: There is one thing you can do and that is to put some shade cloth over the top of them as it will drop the temp a bit . Here is my 2 girls as of today . . [emoji106]
View attachment 948705
Thanks @henco, I think I will have to invest in a roll of shade cloth soon. Those ladies of yours are looking top notch mate!! I love the training you have done with them!! Have you started a photo girl up for the long grow yet?

Nar , not yet , I'll start when these are done . . :thumbsup:

He is another tip for you , What I found was drill 10 ml holes in the side and bottom of the buckets , then dig a hole the same size and put the bucket in the hole , also heavy mulch the top [ to stop it drying out ] Now what happens is you will drop the soil temp by a fair bit and as you water the surrounding soil will get damp as well , also your roots will grow out of the holes to give you a bigger root system . :smoking: :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Ebay has cheap shade cloth.

Normally plants will be fine in temps under 35.

Both Indica and Sativa don't like hot days, and without shade you will get some burning if you are buying seeds from OS.

Local seed, although not very good smoke is often aclimatised and won't break a sweat in a week of 40+.

I'd be leaning towards sativas for your climate though. They will get bigger because you don't have a large change in daylight hours and will handle the humidity a lot better.

I've run Sour Diesel before, It's mostly sativa but will need some shading on hot days.

Ebay has cheap shade cloth.

Normally plants will be fine in temps under 35.

Both Indica and Sativa don't like hot days, and without shade you will get some burning if you are buying seeds from OS.

Local seed, although not very good smoke is often aclimatised and won't break a sweat in a week of 40+.

I'd be leaning towards sativas for your climate though. They will get bigger because you don't have a large change in daylight hours and will handle the humidity a lot better.

I've run Sour Diesel before, It's mostly sativa but will need some shading on hot days.
I have just ordered fugue state and fantasmo express from mephisto to run this spring, I am hoping they will do well here both are pretty sativa heavy autos. I will have a look at eBay for some shade cloth tonight. I have some white widow photo seeds as well as some green crack for this year and am also looking at dinafem moby dick which is mostly sativa to try. This year will be a bit of trial and error to see what works in my climate with photo plants. Thanks for the advice @henco and @Dr LSD

Last edited:
Back