Outdoor First outdoor grow with Dutch passion autos

Stuff like that ... all you can really do is cage off the babies.. keep rabbits and shit away from munching.. somewhat helps against deer but they can stomp your shit out..

No other animals here. No deers, no rabbits.
Maybe moles, I don't know. And caterpillars, snails maybe.
Grasshoppers for sure.

I visited plants yesterday and they were fine now. I didn't spray with anything, I'm calm now.

Just hope for the sun. We have rain 3 days now, night temp is 5-7°C, day temp is 10-15°C and basically no sun through day.

If your lucky the bugs sort them selves out..
Slugs are ones that destroy.. with that shiny trail they leave...
Get a citrus extract and spray the perimeter

A good spot selection will take you half way to victory against the bugs!! Windy, high circulation spots are the way to go. Stay away from long grasses as well. I find slugs are fairly easily deterred with some copper. A copper ring around the base of the stalk as well as bare copper on any training wires keep my slugs well at bay.

Guys, what about moles? Worry or no worry? I didn't put any fence in the hole, now I'm thinking that was a bad idea maybe.
But where I have plants, there is no signs of moles... It's almost jungle there. :eyebrows:

I have mole holes under my partial sun garden plants every season. Dont seem to bother the plants.

A good spot selection will take you half way to victory against the bugs!! Windy, high circulation spots are the way to go. Stay away from long grasses as well. I find slugs are fairly easily deterred with some copper. A copper ring around the base of the stalk as well as bare copper on any training wires keep my slugs well at bay.

I have mole holes under my partial sun garden plants every season. Dont seem to bother the plants.
I like this copper ring trick... cool!!!
Way better than wasting beer

... all those years at carnivals, preparation for this moment... get your club ready.
And start the real game of whack-a-mole

No other animals here. No deers, no rabbits.
Maybe moles, I don't know. And caterpillars, snails maybe.
Grasshoppers for sure.

I visited plants yesterday and they were fine now. I didn't spray with anything, I'm calm now.

Just hope for the sun. We have rain 3 days now, night temp is 5-7°C, day temp is 10-15°C and basically no sun through day.

Where are you mate?

I use slug and snail pellets, they really work. They’re not legal everywhere tho.

Sounds like a good patch mate, just need to sort the weather out and ...BiNgO!

We all know what we would like to do to them but theirs not a lot you can. Just gotta try and plant in a place they won't be seen and cross our fingers.
Depending on where you spots located and even if it is to far....
Some trip wires carefully placed connected to a series of...
Bear bangers, can alert you to a sneaky intrusion and scare the bejesus outta the intruder/s...

If area is too public... nah not gonna give you ideas...

Best I can to is don’t take a direct path, don’t enter near site, don’t take same path in until you establish several others and can implement a proper rotation, benoculars or something... and be safe
Also don’t leave garbage behind and pick some up

Back