Mephisto Genetics first indoor grow. Mephisto sour crack, and Heisenberg special

Reaction score
Hey afn family. This is my first indoor grow. I'm using some mephisto genetics. 2x sour crack. 1 Heisenberg special.

I'm using 400w hid. Metal halide for veg, hps for flowering.

1x sour crack 5.5gallon oxypot,
1xsour crack 1.7gallon oxypot,
1x Heisenberg special 5gallon fabric pot,

Im using a soil less mix of peat and perlite. Myco biology in mix. Very airy medium. 65% horticulture peat, 35% perlite.

When nutrients start I will be using sensi a+b advanced nutrients.

Have 2 sour crack above surface now. One head is turned, other should turn today. Have my metal halide about 4foot from pots right now. Struggling to keep temp at 80°. May have to grab a third fan for closet lol.

So right now just waiting for the babies to do what they need to do. As they get established I will slowly start to lower the light.

Attachments

• 1488392007157.jpg
    1488392007157.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 97
And Heisenberg special also just toped surface. Three came up. Soaked in ro water for 7-8 hours, and planted directly into medium. So just over 72 hours including the time to pre soak seeds.

Attachments

• 1488392207413.jpg
    1488392207413.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 136
Would love to have some experienced afn fam look in from time to time lol. Ive researched and researched til my eyes water. But pretty much a new grower.

subbed mate. You sorted the signature I see.

Would love to have some experienced afn fam look in from time to time lol. Ive researched and researched til my eyes water. But pretty much a new grower.
Everyone has the same issue when they first start here, there's lots of growers, expert to pure novice. The best way to get people to check out your grow, is to be active. Comment on peoples grows, Live stoner Chat, put up a song, ect. Every time, people can see your signature, and they will look at it. In the mean time, ill help you best I can. If you need it. Your plants are up, so stage 1 is done

fluffhead, I'm subbed up for the ride. I've got a huge sour crack about 3 weeks from harvest right now. Just wondering if you have a pH meter to check your water/nutes? Did you prime your medium with any nutes at all? Peat really has no available nutrients and you have to give the plant everything she needs. I grow in ProMix with added perlite, I prime my medium with 300 ppm grow nutes. Managing your pH is going to be critical for a problem free grow. Good luck, I am subbed. PM me anytime if you feel the need. :welcome:

fluffhead, I'm subbed up for the ride. I've got a huge sour crack about 3 weeks from harvest right now. Just wondering if you have a pH meter to check your water/nutes? Did you prime your medium with any nutes at all? Peat really has no available nutrients and you have to give the plant everything she needs. I grow in ProMix with added perlite, I prime my medium with 300 ppm grow nutes. Managing your pH is going to be critical for a problem free grow. Good luck, I am subbed. PM me anytime if you feel the need. :welcome:
Yeah. I have pH kit. The liquid tester kit. With. pH up and down from general hydroponics.The mix im using has a very small npk charge. 06.008.06. It also has myco biology. Very similar to promix hp. And i have Advanced Nutrients pH perfect sensi grow a+b, and sensi bloom a+b. I watered with ro water, my run off was 6.0 pH. Im pretty sure its mixed pretty much same as promix, amended. I was told to pH down my water to 5.3the first few waterings. Then should be able to keep at 5.8... i do appreciate any advice and info.., sorry though. Kind of thread hijacked @Ribbzzy.

Yeah. I have pH kit. The liquid tester kit. With. pH up and down from general hydroponics.The mix im using has a very small npk charge. 06.008.06. It also has myco biology. Very similar to promix hp. And i have Advanced Nutrients pH perfect sensi grow a+b, and sensi bloom a+b. I watered with ro water, my run off was 6.0 pH. Im pretty sure its mixed pretty much same as promix, amended. I was told to pH down my water to 5.3the first few waterings. Then should be able to keep at 5.8... i do appreciate any advice and info.., sorry though. Kind of thread hijacked @Ribbzzy.
Lol. Im stoned. Thought i was on another thread last message. Was just gifted some shark breath o.g. and its gooood

If i can keep temps at 80° how close should i keep my lights.? Ive got them at just under 3feet right now. And temps holding at about 79. I know i can get them within 16inches and maintain 80° temp. But them being so young and fragile i know i can't blast them that close. But should i be worried about stretching??? Since i have to keep light so high up. Or is that 400w mh enough power at that distance to give the babies enough of what they need at that distance??? until they are established and can handle it??

Back