New Grower First indoor grow: LindaSeeds GG#4 and Gelato 33 under Mars SP3000

I knew about Subaru and their high safety rating for a very long time BUT it wasn’t until my wife drove an Outback and their Eyesite technology prevented an accident from happening, was I sold ..... and .... same might happen to you with the EarthBox ......

Glad you are adventurous enough to give it a try ..... Gardening is one Big Experiment.
LOL!.............literally!
I love experimenting. Boring sucks!

I think she should. She's pretty healthy. Just a shame at this point in the grow. I have something standing by that should help when she dries out that should help her back to health. I haven't checked the trichs yet this morning to see roughly how much time I have left, I suspect maybe a week. Either way, one of my ingrediants will be here Friday and I'll go from there. If she's not chopped by this weekend, she'll get the treatment with the other girls.

I have Earthboxes coming in a few days. I'm gonna eliminate, at least this problem, of the grow. LOL!

edit.............I've been using a VPD chart and trying to keep it optimal for this stage.

Large VPD chart for flower in *F https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2451/2393/files/flower_f.png?v=1583355227

I use this for VPD - its always open on my computer. Click it --> VPD calculator :thumbsup: I too have been eyeing those earth boxes for a year now. What size did you order? Maybe one of these dayz i'll pull the trigger and give it a go. :shrug:

Last edited:
Well, here's my first indoor grow for Meds

Grow room: Big walk in closet with central A/C vent

Equipment:
4X4 Original Gorilla Grow tent
New Mars SP 3000 MarshydroTina for all veg and flower with a friend's old California Lightworks Solarflare 220 added at flower
8in Hydrofarm Jet fan with 8in ActiveAir filter ran to attic and then to eave outlet..........a little overkill, but it's turned down a lot
7 gal and 15gal fabric pots
2 Vivosun oscillating clip ons
Friend's CO2 system set on the same schedule as lights. Still have two big mother bottles from drag racing, so why not? LOL! Still have three mother bottles of nitrous, but I still use it on my street car.
3 timers set to 18/6

Grow Media:
Roots Organics Original with some small additions of old dried molasses, a micronized 50/50 Humic Acid and biochar product, organic non-gmo non-medicated chicken laying feed crumble, friends worm castings, wetted with some of my compost tea fer some local bugs and Mycos. Mixed and wetted 4.5cu/ft of Roots Organics Original in a tote. Turned once heat levels dropped(It got HOT quick!) Only took 15 days for no heat up after turning. This mixture looks and smells great!

The only heat load in the tent is the light and two clip on fans. Exhaust fan, light driver and dimmer mounted outside the tent. Humidity and temps have been running 50-52% and 80-81*F days and 66% and 79*F at light start up during "dry run".

Got a wee bit high and put my two GorillaGlue #4 and single Gelato#33 in champagne glasses and sat them in their respective containers. :baked:
All three cracked and tails showing in less than 24hs( in the morning fresh seeds!) and planted a few hours later with a bit more tail showing.

Light is currently at 28in and dimmed to 30%

Was going to put worm in before planting, but some damn "Masked Bandit" totally raped my worm bin! Had to be a HUGE racoon to lift the lid! So too few worms to take away from my bin and wait for the babies to grow up.. Lady worm farmer told me she'd hook me up after Aug1, so I'm good with that.

Clover and straw will be the cover.

Main feeding will be feeding the worms with various top dressings, a bit of compost tea and gonna lightly supplement with latest version of MegaCrop single version.

I think I'll just lightly LST and leaf tuck and defol leaves covering bud sites on this run.

The GG#4s went into a 15gal and a 7gal, just to see if the 15 gal will show improvement over the 7gal. Should be a little better for the worms in the 15 gal, but I'll keep a closer eye on the worms condition in the 7gal.

Water will be tap sat outside for removal of chlorine.

Pics when the girls break ground.
Sounds like heaven.. happy growing! Can't wait to see pics

I use this for VPD - its always open on my computer. Click it --> VPD calculator :thumbsup: I too have been eyeing those earth boxes for a year now. What size did you order? Maybe one of these dayz i'll pull the trigger and give it a go. :shrug:
I ordered the big regulars. Big pot......Big Girl!

Here's what I have planned to use tomorrow at the beginning of the light cycle. I have compost tea brewing with cotton burr compost, 6 tablespoons of alfalfa, 4 table spoons of HumiChar(mainly for the humic acid), 6 tablespoons of Throvin kelp and 6 tablespoons of worm castings.
The "kicker" will be a SST from fresh malted barley added tonight. I really don't know why I haven't been using SST with this grow. I guess I just wanted to keep things a bit more simple. I've used it in the past in two specific cases mainly. I've used it on young corn at two weeks after sprout, month later and then just on first signs of silk. With just three applications, I could see a difference with the control group.
I also used it on my tomatoes that were planted around a compost pile made from chicken wire and t-posts where the tomatoes are watered and fed by watering the compost pile. I used SST on the compost pile to fire it up. I mainly used the enzimes for the compost, but I'm sure enough made it to the roots of the tomatoes.
I think the SST will help clean up the roots if there are actually any problems there and invigorate the soil activity. Wish I had some Recharge to add.
It may not do much for the close to chop 15 gal GG#4, but it can't hurt and it will help the other girls and hopefully will stimulate better bud growth and plant activity.

Please input your thoughts pro or con!

edit.........................Damn! I forgot to post I added 4 cap fulll(just less of a Tablespoon) of molasses.

Last edited:
Use some good EWC and you won't need SST or recharge. EWC has everything you need!

Use some good EWC and you won't need SST or recharge. EWC has everything you need!
Yeah, I just want to give 'em the best I can do at this point. I should have been doing EWC drenches from the beginning, but top dressing is almost as good.
Ya see any problems with what I have planned?

Damn! I forgot to post I added 4 cap fulll(just less of a Tablespoon) of molasses.

Here's what I have planned to use tomorrow at the beginning of the light cycle. I have compost tea brewing with cotton burr compost, 6 tablespoons of alfalfa, 4 table spoons of HumiChar(mainly for the humic acid), 6 tablespoons of Throvin kelp and 6 tablespoons of worm castings.
The "kicker" will be a SST from fresh malted barley added tonight. I really don't know why I haven't been using SST with this grow. I guess I just wanted to keep things a bit more simple. I've used it in the past in two specific cases mainly. I've used it on young corn at two weeks after sprout, month later and then just on first signs of silk. With just three applications, I could see a difference with the control group.
I also used it on my tomatoes that were planted around a compost pile made from chicken wire and t-posts where the tomatoes are watered and fed by watering the compost pile. I used SST on the compost pile to fire it up. I mainly used the enzimes for the compost, but I'm sure enough made it to the roots of the tomatoes.
I think the SST will help clean up the roots if there are actually any problems there and invigorate the soil activity. Wish I had some Recharge to add.
It may not do much for the close to chop 15 gal GG#4, but it can't hurt and it will help the other girls and hopefully will stimulate better bud growth and plant activity.

Please input your thoughts pro or con!
I experiment every grow just like u said I don't do the same engine build (just put a new motor together last night lol) but ya I'm very much into learning which I'm doing a experiment now with aloe I have an aloe plant that weekly I've been squeezing the insides into my water so far they seem to love it both flowering ladies and the babies so never to late to try things especially in organic the worst case is u loose some nutes nbd. I say try it

That can be an issue finding good quality anyways it is for me anyway if it's not ordered online you won't find any where I live unless u find wild spots that have a good amount under leaf litter.

Yeah, I just want to give 'em the best I can do at this point.
I experiment every grow just like u said I don't do the same engine build (just put a new motor together last night lol) but ya I'm very much into learning which I'm doing a experiment now with aloe I have an aloe plant that weekly I've been squeezing the insides into my water so far they seem to love it both flowering ladies and the babies so never to late to try things especially in organic the worst case is u loose some nutes nbd. I say try it

Ya see any problems with what I have planned?

Damn! I forgot to post I added 4 cap fulll(just less of a Tablespoon) of molasses.
Yeah, not gonna hurt anything I don't think. I won't lose anything really, since this media will get recycled in some fashion....either for a canna grow or other use.

I've not built many Poncho engines, but I have a pretty cool big cube stroker turbo build coming up for a friend for his next racing season. I'm excited for the build! I have Butler (Poncho Gods...LOL!)on speed dial for any questions or tips.

Back