New Grower First indoor grow: LindaSeeds GG#4 and Gelato 33 under Mars SP3000

Thanks!
It's 15 gal VS 7 gal.
If The GG#4 in the 7gal pot continues to fill out fully like the other GG#4 phenome in the 15gal pot, she should surpass the yield of the the 15 gal pt by quite a large amount.
It would have been a great comparison if they had been of the same phenome or clones.

My goof, make that a 7 gallon ..... Anyways all are looking excellent.

DE won't hurt a thing, it does have Ca but it's very slow release. And that looks like light burn, although it could be Mg def caused by the nute burn. Let her dry a bit and give her just water from the bottom to reduce nurtient levels a bit, for the next 2 waterings.
I was kinda thinking in that general direction. The nute burn has been around since very early in both GG#4s. I think this strain is a bit sensitive.
I kinda doubt Mg def only because there are no other spots or "rust" any other place.
I kinda think it could easily be light burn with end of cycle combined. With the color change of the buds and a general slight color fade on the oldest leaves and very very slight fade on the newer leaves, she very well could be just showing her Autoflower old age. It could possibly due to the higher humidity earlier that may have led to a slight over watering,............the slightly drooping leaves may back that up.
With my concerted effort to lower the temps and humidity, it may have led to an increase in the uptake of nutes and with the PPFD being mid 800's to high 900's it may have caused the problem.
I'll let her dry a bit and just water next two times. I'm pretty sure there's plenty nutes left for at least two plain watering or no top dressings, especially giving her age.
Thanks for the input!

Rust spots are Calcium def. Mg starts on the leaf margins

I was kinda thinking in that general direction. The nute burn has been around since very early in both GG#4s. I think this strain is a bit sensitive.
I kinda doubt Mg def only because there are no other spots or "rust" any other place.
I kinda think it could easily be light burn with end of cycle combined. With the color change of the buds and a general slight color fade on the oldest leaves and very very slight fade on the newer leaves, she very well could be just showing her Autoflower old age. It could possibly due to the higher humidity earlier that may have led to a slight over watering,............the slightly drooping leaves may back that up.
With my concerted effort to lower the temps and humidity, it may have led to an increase in the uptake of nutes and with the PPFD being mid 800's to high 900's it may have caused the problem.
I'll let her dry a bit and just water next two times. I'm pretty sure there's plenty nutes left for at least two plain watering or no top dressings, especially giving her age.
Thanks for the input!

I'm pretty sure I have an over watering problem with the GG#4 15gal pot. Water usage has pretty much shut down to a crawl. I'm fairly sure I know how I caused it. Being it's twice the size of the others, I top watered with more water. I didn't wait long enough to let the water get fully absorbed before I started it's bottom watering.
I'll change the way I'm watering the remainder of this grow after a few more days to let the DE do it's work fully in breaking the gnat's life cycle. Each will get half the current amount of top watering. probably only a quart each, waiting 30 min and then bottom water with removing any excess after 30 min.
Lesson learned. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage to the root structure.

I'm pretty sure I have an over watering problem with the GG#4 15gal pot. Water usage has pretty much shut down to a crawl. I'm fairly sure I know how I caused it. Being it's twice the size of the others, I top watered with more water. I didn't wait long enough to let the water get fully absorbed before I started it's bottom watering.
I'll change the way I'm watering the remainder of this grow after a few more days to let the DE do it's work fully in breaking the gnat's life cycle. Each will get half the current amount of top watering. probably only a quart each, waiting 30 min and then bottom water with removing any excess after 30 min.
Lesson learned. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage to the root structure.
It happens to the best of us for sure but I bet she takes it in stride bud

It happens to the best of us for sure but I bet she takes it in stride bud
I think she should. She's pretty healthy. Just a shame at this point in the grow. I have something standing by that should help when she dries out that should help her back to health. I haven't checked the trichs yet this morning to see roughly how much time I have left, I suspect maybe a week. Either way, one of my ingrediants will be here Friday and I'll go from there. If she's not chopped by this weekend, she'll get the treatment with the other girls.

I have Earthboxes coming in a few days. I'm gonna eliminate, at least this problem, of the grow. LOL!

edit.............I've been using a VPD chart and trying to keep it optimal for this stage.

Large VPD chart for flower in *F
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2451/2393/files/flower_f.png?v=1583355227

Last edited:
I think she should. She's pretty healthy. Just a shame at this point in the grow. I have something standing by that should help when she dries out that should help her back to health. I haven't checked the trichs yet this morning to see roughly how much time I have left, I suspect maybe a week. Either way, one of my ingrediants will be here Friday and I'll go from there. If she's not chopped by this weekend, she'll get the treatment with the other girls.

I have Earthboxes coming in a few days. I'm gonna eliminate, at least this problem, of the grow. LOL!

edit.............I've been using a VPD chart and trying to keep it optimal for this stage.

Possibly another Earthbox convert - You will absolutely have zero effort watering - Watering an Earthbox is something a three year old can do .... Too much or too little water is one of top reasons grows fail or do poorly but with EB the soil is always keep at a perfect 90-110 millibar range.

Possibly another Earthbox convert - You will absolutely have zero effort watering - Watering an Earthbox is something a three year old can do .... Too much or too little water is one of top reasons grows fail or do poorly but with EB the soil is always keep at a perfect 90-110 millibar range.
I've known of EarthBox for quite a while. I just never thought of it and growing canna. This was well before I considered growing my own. I just never looked into the particulars in growing with them, since I always had a large outdoor garden.
I kinda just wanted to try the bag method out to see how well I could grow and with how much difficulty. With the knowledge I've gained with this grow so far, I'm sure I could surpass the hopefully good results I get from this current grow.
Growing in EarthBoxes is far more simple in the case of managing the watering of the plant. It does have it's own caveats though. And that's what attracts me to it. I have a thirst for knowledge. If I don't learn something reasonably important each day, I feel that it was a wasted day. Just like I've never used the same engine build twice, always looking for more HP and reliability, I'll never do the same grow twice. Complacency is not something I really ever think about.
That being said, running EarthBoxes will reduce one of the more tedious part of growing indoors.

I knew about Subaru and their high safety rating for a very long time BUT it wasn’t until my wife drove an Outback and their Eyesite technology prevented an accident from happening, was I sold ..... and .... same might happen to you with the EarthBox ......

Glad you are adventurous enough to give it a try ..... Gardening is one Big Experiment.

Back