New Grower First indoor grow: LindaSeeds GG#4 and Gelato 33 under Mars SP3000

Wildbill, I think you worry too much about the water uptake. We don't understand half of the processes that take place inside a plant in flower, whatever they are doing may require less or more water, they are not necessarily going to consume the same amount continuously. The same with bud development. It is not unusual for a plant to pause during bud growth I've wondered the same thing when it happens. But then, they'll explode with growth! They may be gathering up extra hormones in preparation for the last push. You have to remember too, that we are growing seedless bud, which is abnormal to the plant, no one has really considered what this does to a cannabis plant. Personally, I'm surprised that hermaphrodite plants are not a more common occurance. I say give them a week or so and see what a difference that makes.

Wildbill, I think you worry too much about the water uptake. We don't understand half of the processes that take place inside a plant in flower, whatever they are doing may require less or more water, they are not necessarily going to consume the same amount continuously. The same with bud development. It is not unusual for a plant to pause during bud growth I've wondered the same thing when it happens. But then, they'll explode with growth! They may be gathering up extra hormones in preparation for the last push. You have to remember too, that we are growing seedless bud, which is abnormal to the plant, no one has really considered what this does to a cannabis plant. Personally, I'm surprised that hermaphrodite plants are not a more common occurance. I say give them a week or so and see what a difference that makes.
Yeah, you nailed me! LOL! Sometimes I'm too damn observant for my own good! LOL! I know that I should be ecstatic with this first indoor grow and in my own way, I am quite pleased. With my Type A personality, I always have to strive for more. My thirst for knowledge has to play in there somewhere too! LOL!
In the past when growing outdoors, I'd have limited control over my crop's environment. I guess growing indoors has fed my need/desire to control things!
The girls are gonna do what they are gonna do. My job is to provide them with the best environment possible and TRY to leave it at that. Easier to say that do with my personality! LOL!

I appreciate everyone's input! :d5:

Your doing an outstanding job! Just don't kill them with kindness lol! Daddy has to let his big girls do their own thing... :growing:

Yeah, you nailed me! LOL! Sometimes I'm too damn observant for my own good! LOL! I know that I should be ecstatic with this first indoor grow and in my own way, I am quite pleased. With my Type A personality, I always have to strive for more. My thirst for knowledge has to play in there somewhere too! LOL!
In the past when growing outdoors, I'd have limited control over my crop's environment. I guess growing indoors has fed my need/desire to control things!
The girls are gonna do what they are gonna do. My job is to provide them with the best environment possible and TRY to leave it at that. Easier to say that do with my personality! LOL!

I appreciate everyone's input! :d5:

Your doing an outstanding job! Just don't kill them with kindness lol! Daddy has to let his big girls do their own thing... :growing:
LOL! I'm glad I never had any daughters! I would have been the proverbial Dad on the front porch cleaning his guns when guys would come over!

I've resolved myself to let them do what they want to do, Voicing my questions and concerns here helps in several ways!

Great job and they look awsome that gelato is beautiful and actually big for the strain so your doing a stellar job and it shows I would say thought watch her carefully if it's the 1 in first pic I've had a few that looked like that under the scope and then it really turned fast I seen in that pic a few that are on verg of turning especially compared to the others pics which look like they need like 10 to 14days or so not saying anything you don't prolly already no lol anyways I am definitely interested in the root balls and see wat and how they look that would be cool its 1 thing I miss whith my setup

Great job and they look awsome that gelato is beautiful and actually big for the strain so your doing a stellar job and it shows I would say thought watch her carefully if it's the 1 in first pic I've had a few that looked like that under the scope and then it really turned fast I seen in that pic a few that are on verg of turning especially compared to the others pics which look like they need like 10 to 14days or so not saying anything you don't prolly already no lol anyways I am definitely interested in the root balls and see wat and how they look that would be cool its 1 thing I miss whith my setup
Thanks................... I've started checking them in the morning as a part of my morning routine. I look at several buds to get an overall idea on their condition. No matter the current results, I'm still a canna newbie............plain and simple! My previous organic gardening has proven helpful and I still have tons to learn what canna needs. Advice from more experienced and successful growers is ALWAYS wanted and appreciated!
Thanks much for your input.
I'll grow the gelato again for sure someday...............given that my neighbor is biting at the bit now with it being her favorite strain. We'll see what she thinks of the future Meph strains. She may change her mind! LOL! I now know how that strain grows and if I do a single strain grow with it, I bet I can pack a 4X4 with 6 and come out with a pretty good yield. She has a VERY intoxicating smell! I can't wait to sample her. She has almost no larf, so I haven't tried a little early sample.

Thanks................... I've started checking them in the morning as a part of my morning routine. I look at several buds to get an overall idea on their condition. No matter the current results, I'm still a canna newbie............plain and simple! My previous organic gardening has proven helpful and I still have tons to learn what canna needs. Advice from more experienced and successful growers is ALWAYS wanted and appreciated!
Thanks much for your input.
I'll grow the gelato again for sure someday...............given that my neighbor is biting at the bit now with it being her favorite strain. We'll see what she thinks of the future Meph strains. She may change her mind! LOL! I now know how that strain grows and if I do a single strain grow with it, I bet I can pack a 4X4 with 6 and come out with a pretty good yield. She has a VERY intoxicating smell! I can't wait to sample her. She has almost no larf, so I haven't tried a little early sample.
I hate and love that no samples is good NC that means all buds are solid but also I can't try it just to see when I smoked flower I use to always try some to see how much and wat changed I also like chopping a bit early on strains that are known to be heavy couch buds bc it relaxes me too much but I think that's totally strain dependant and not necessarily indica sativa differences. I would say you have it well in hand and doesn't look like you need help lol but ya the more you grow the more you will notice some strains all of a sudden are ready other mature normal and then you have odd phenos that mature very slowly and some not really @ all its such a cool plant and im amazed by cannabis more offten then not lol

I hate and love that no samples is good NC that means all buds are solid but also I can't try it just to see when I smoked flower I use to always try some to see how much and wat changed I also like chopping a bit early on strains that are known to be heavy couch buds bc it relaxes me too much but I think that's totally strain dependant and not necessarily indica sativa differences. I would say you have it well in hand and doesn't look like you need help lol but ya the more you grow the more you will notice some strains all of a sudden are ready other mature normal and then you have odd phenos that mature very slowly and some not really @ all its such a cool plant and im amazed by cannabis more offten then not lol
I totally agree and that's what will keep me growing and trying different strains.
I think the GG#4 will be a couch-lock no matter what. It bit me in the butt twice when I didn't stay active. I think Linda Seeds statement that their auto strain is more "oppressive" than the photo version will prove to be quite true. I think I'm gonna chop her as soon as I see some amber on a good percentage of the buds. It should make great pain relief for my fellow Vet friend. He needs the sleep with pain relief. Hopefully the Gelato will be a wakey bakey for us both.

Fitzy

It's all your fault! :cools:
I just had to go and find the least bud on the Gelato to test! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fitzy

It's all your fault! :cools:
I just had to go and find the least bud on the Gelato to test! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I don't mind being a bad influence lol I bet she is some fire should be cool to compare @ final chop

Back