New Grower First indoor grow: LindaSeeds GG#4 and Gelato 33 under Mars SP3000

You only get lucky as long as your water is good..... my tap water, which is a combination of well and spring water, kills canna in any medium.

I usually use rain water, which I’ve PH tested around 6.7 ..... My well water tests higher PH as it comes from limestone base butt hat water is run thru a few household filters and UV Filer so PH slightly low and my city water also runs in the mid 6.5 - 6.6 range and that is run thru 3 household filters ......

having grown with all three sources, all seems well and really don’t see any difference between well, city or rain water .....

I prefer rain water and would use but it’s been so dry, no rain except other nite and I only caught a few gallons ....

From web search:
  • If you grow organically in soil, your water’s pH value is not that important. With organic growing, living beneficial microorganisms help the plants to take up nutrients. Some recommend not to adjust your water’s pH at all when you grow organically in soil, it may in fact do more harm than it is beneficial. Is Tap Water Suitable For Cannabis?

Lil Miss Wispy is just shy of 3 ft tall.
I did a drench of sorts this morning when I fed and watered. I used one of my loooooong transmission funnel.................perfectly clean and doing this is the dirtiest it has been!
I stood above the pot and placed the end on and slightly into the soil and filled the funnel. I'd let it sit like that for a few seconds and then gradually lift it a little to see the level go down. I'd put it back down to let the medial take up the water. I'd empty that one and move around to another area. It worked out quite well. The biggest reason I did it that way was I wanted to add Mycos to all the girls and didn't want to clog my spray rig. Got a great media soak with no run off to the tray. I waited about 30min and added about a quart to each tray and the soaked it up in about 30 min. DONE!

Checked the girls a bit a go. The Gelato and 15gal didn't quite need water. May water n feed after VA trip. Miss Wispy on the other hand, she was VERY thirsty. Gave her a gallon of MC and molasses "funnel top water" and a half gallon is in the tray. Going back in 30 to check the tray.

Let's check those trichomes of the 15gal GG#4!
DAY 68
2020-10-02-075355.jpg

2020-10-02-075249.jpg

Miss Wispy soaked that up quite nicely.

Did find a couple gnats on the Gelato top soil, I broke out the BT for all the girls and put in a fresh fly strip to check the population.
Better safe that sorry at this point.

Checked the girls a bit a go. The Gelato and 15gal didn't quite need water. May water n feed after VA trip. Miss Wispy on the other hand, she was VERY thirsty. Gave her a gallon of MC and molasses "funnel top water" and a half gallon is in the tray. Going back in 30 to check the tray.

Let's check those trichomes of the 15gal GG#4!
DAY 68
View attachment 1239145

View attachment 1239146

Lookin wonderful on these macro shots. You are loving your new toy. Just like me :)

Miss Wispy is still continuing her higher rate of water consumption. The 15gal has improved from lowering the humidity. The Gelato is not at the same levels as the others. I think it has improved, but I don't think it's where it should be at this stage,
Should I let the Gelato dry out somewhat to almost wilting to sorta reset it?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Miss Wispy is still continuing her higher rate of water consumption. The 15gal has improved from lowering the humidity. The Gelato is not at the same levels as the others. I think it has improved, but I don't think it's where it should be at this stage,
Should I let the Gelato dry out somewhat to almost wilting to sorta reset it?

Back