New Grower First indoor grow: LindaSeeds GG#4 and Gelato 33 under Mars SP3000

After letting the girls have their freedom for a little over a day, they got a little haircut to clean up the underside a bit and remove stuff that's never gonna make anything. Very little needed on the Gelato33 and the 15 gal GG#4. Tied the Gelato33 back down, just mainly giving direction to the very stocky main stems. I'm leaving the 15 gal GG#4 alone until tomorrow. She'll get a top watering and then whatever LST is needed.

Now the 7gal GG#4: Yeah, totally different phoneme than the 15 gal. Not only is it less sturdy and more wispy, the branching is different. I don't see this plant making big indica style colas. I think it more of a sativa in it's branching and have little ol' hopefully golf ball nuggs.
Let's see if I can explain what I'm seeing. Instead of the lower developing bud staying close to the main stem, they are coming up and away from the main stem with a stem of it's own. They don't stay close to the main stem, unlike the GG#4 in the 15gal pot.

GG#4 7gal
View attachment 1231522

GG#4 15 gal pot

This one is gonna make some phat colas! This is the one I hope pop22 gets!

View attachment 1231523
I will say if the 1 u don't seem to prefer has smaller but more buds as a breeder I would want that specific trait as bigger dense bud can have bud rot much easier than smaller ones as you know no obviously big long fat buds is cool looking ect but can become problematic. Would have been cool to fem a branch and pollenate the opposite plant. They look great really excited to see them stack up.

I spent 4 hours trimming the Chem OG and I'll say this, I'll NEVER grow an OG again! $ hours to trim maybe 4 ounces..... them damned freaking little buds SUCK to trim! Easier to break down a bigger bud after trimming than to deal with 50 million shitting little buds..........lol! Sorry for the rant, but this really was the worst plant to trim I've ever grown. It's a shame as the buds are excellent smoke/vape. But to each his own!

:pass:

I will say if the 1 u don't seem to prefer has smaller but more buds as a breeder I would want that specific trait as bigger dense bud can have bud rot much easier than smaller ones as you know no obviously big long fat buds is cool looking ect but can become problematic. Would have been cool to fem a branch and pollenate the opposite plant. They look great really excited to see them stack up.

I hear ya Fitzy !

One of the reasons I prefer the larger colas is what pop said and I'm pretty sure my set up has plenty of fresh air flow and fans to hold off bud rot.

The next watering will be a slow top watering with tap water after a top dressing of EWC and HumiChar. I do think the HumiChar has been a very important ingredient of this grow.

I went ahead and tied down the GG#4 15gal. Even with LST of all the ladies, I still had to raise the lights again. They are now 50in above the floor.
I'm gonna have to go back in tonight and spread the Gelato out a bit more. I think she's just a bit too compact. I need to find some more bricks or just make a base outta some spare lumber.

I do know that before the next grow, I'll have a full tent pan to make it easier to move plants around. I didn't get one, mainly from the cost when I found the Gorilla tent I wanted, 255 miles one way.

It's a pretty full tent and relatively even canopy!
9-9 group.jpg

Last edited:
really well managed canopy bill! doing the early lst now and youve set a high benchmark
Thanks!
The gelato33 and the 15Gal GG#4 were pretty easy to train. I thought the GG#4 was easy, it really was in the beginning. When it revealed it's more sativa inclination on structure, but mainly in the side branching. It made a LOT of them and they're pretty thin and wispy. Picking the structurally best and the direction to take it, was a bit more complicated. I think I have a ok grasp on what the 7gal GG#4 wants and needs, but she's fooled me before! LOL!

I spent 4 hours trimming the Chem OG and I'll say this, I'll NEVER grow an OG again! $ hours to trim maybe 4 ounces..... them damned freaking little buds SUCK to trim! Easier to break down a bigger bud after trimming than to deal with 50 million shitting little buds..........lol! Sorry for the rant, but this really was the worst plant to trim I've ever grown. It's a shame as the buds are excellent smoke/vape. But to each his own!

:pass:
So ur talking less than a golf ball then ya but for example I have a plant with buds as long and thick as my arm but I would prefer half that size also some plants bud to leaf ratio leave things to be desired I totally get it though but I wonder how much different it really would have been it may have simply been that pheno. Also length isn't a problem it's density and girth bud rot seems to be more genetics atleast from wat I've seen in my grows with high temps and humidity, and same with bud to leaf as mentioned.

I hear ya Fitzy !

One of the reasons I prefer the larger colas is what pop said and I'm pretty sure my set up has plenty of fresh air flow and fans to hold off bud rot.

The next watering will be a slow top watering with tap water after a top dressing of EWC and HumiChar. I do think the HumiChar has been a very important ingredient of this grow.

I went ahead and tied down the GG#4 15gal. Even with LST of all the ladies, I still had to raise the lights again. They are now 50in above the floor.
I'm gonna have to go back in tonight and spread the Gelato out a bit more. I think she's just a bit too compact. I need to find some more bricks or just make a base outta some spare lumber.

I do know that before the next grow, I'll have a full tent pan to make it easier to move plants around. I didn't get one, mainly from the cost when I found the Gorilla tent I wanted, 255 miles one way.

It's a pretty full tent and relatively even canopy!
View attachment 1231675
I'm definitely interested in that humichar I've been doing some reading and I'm thinking about future grows but where is a good place that's selling actual tested product im also currently looking for quality compost aswell but I can and do make a good 1 already but trying to do more with less things I have to do to free up more time for other things

I'm definitely interested in that humichar I've been doing some reading and I'm thinking about future grows but where is a good place that's selling actual tested product im also currently looking for quality compost aswell but I can and do make a good 1 already but trying to do more with less things I have to do to free up more time for other things
Here's their humate and biochar Amazon product page.

The Andersons is the name of the company. Huge group with many divisions. They have some interesting products.

Last edited:
Super well managed canopy Bro ..... Keep doing what you’re doing!

Back