New Grower First grow: White Widow

Well bud is in jars! I ended up with 110g combined just under 4 oz. I’m a little disappointed but at least I got some good smoking buds! The disappointment part is all my buds are so light and fluffy. I’m going to chalk this up to a few different things. First and foremost an impatient newbie grower because I think if I would have let them go another week or two I think they would have packed on some weight? Another might be too crowded in my small tent, not strong enough light?, possibly pheno issue, I could probably pick a bunch of things that aren’t me but hey that’s the easy way out.. haha good news is that I got 3 1/2 oz. of nice nice popcorn buds that were just too fluffy to really trim up and those are going to make some awesome canna butter and hash!!! No waste!! Thank you all for following my journal and I will have a smoke report here when cure is done! Prelim smoke was already tasty and smooth without a cure and got high as fuck!!!!! View attachment 1130376

great job! :thumbsup: ppp

Well bud is in jars! I ended up with 110g combined just under 4 oz. I’m a little disappointed but at least I got some good smoking buds! The disappointment part is all my buds are so light and fluffy. I’m going to chalk this up to a few different things. First and foremost an impatient newbie grower because I think if I would have let them go another week or two I think they would have packed on some weight? Another might be too crowded in my small tent, not strong enough light?, possibly pheno issue, I could probably pick a bunch of things that aren’t me but hey that’s the easy way out.. haha good news is that I got 3 1/2 oz. of nice nice popcorn buds that were just too fluffy to really trim up and those are going to make some awesome canna butter and hash!!! No waste!! Thank you all for following my journal and I will have a smoke report here when cure is done! Prelim smoke was already tasty and smooth without a cure and got high as fuck!!!!!

Good attitude. We make a lot of butter for edibles and its a good way to use it up. I've only grown outdoors and my first grow years ago ended up with a lot of soft buds. After that I had a lot of great crops. Got my first indoor grow going now and I have a lot to learn. Im 35 days in with early flowering happening so will see how it goes. I too may end up with a lot of butter material. Keep on keeping on and next time let those girls go until the trichomes are good n milky with a bit of amber ones. they do swell and firm up a lot in the end days. At least outside they did :lol:

Ok here it finally is my strain/smoke report:
Seed bank: Green Mountain Genetics

Strain: White Widow

autoflower: yes

soil/hydro: 2 plants in a coco perlite mix 1 in Happy Frog (the brown one can’t remember the name)

Nutes: cal/mag, General hydroponics trio micro, grow, bloom. Ph between 5.5 and 6.5 throughout.

Light: the Vipraspectra 600w led

seed to harvest: 80 days (should have let them go at least 1 more week possibly 2, rookie impatient mistake!)

Yield: 95g total from all 3 and 75g of popcorn buds

high/duration: it’s a very pick me up happy high with the permanent grin going on. Been lasting right around an hour and a half before I feel the need to go spark another.

Growth: it got around 40” tall and very bushy had to do a lot of defoliation to get light to the lowers.

Bag appeal: it’s definitely not the worst I’ve seen. Buds were a little airy and fluffy hence needing another week or two to dense and fatten up. Full full full of trichs very sticky. And now that it’s had time to cure the buds have shaped up better than I thought they would! Very nice!

Rate: being my first grow I have nothing to compare it to but compared to other homegrown bud I’ve smoked from other people, I’m not trying to brag but it honestly is some of the best tasting and best high I’ve ever had I really like it!!

Smell: Earthy little greeny with some hints of the blueberry (ruderails strain the widow was paired with is Blueberry kush)

Smoke: very smooth not harsh at all a strain I will definitely try again!

Well this might not be the best review ever but I think it pretty much sums up my first growing experience and definitely hasn’t scared me away from growing again. In fact the total opposite I want some going all the time now.. lol
Thank you to anyone and everyone for all the help comments and follows on my journal/ journey!! You guys rock!!!

Thank you and yes I’m a little critical of it but not too bad. I really do like what I’ve grown but there is always room for improvement right. Haven’t completely decided what’s next just know I want it sativa heavy. Was thinking some Mexican airline, Tangie, or maybe chemdoggin if I can find it?

Thank you and yes I’m a little critical of it but not too bad. I really do like what I’ve grown but there is always room for improvement right. Haven’t completely decided what’s next just know I want it sativa heavy. Was thinking some Mexican airline, Tangie, or maybe chemdoggin if I can find it?

me not a sativa guy at all, but will alwayz give a reco for tangie :thumbsup: ppp

Can I ask why you’re not a Sativa guy? Does make you feel racy or hyper or you just don’t like to laugh.. lol just kidding on that last one. I like it because it doesn’t turn me into a zombie like some Indica’s do.

Can I ask why you’re not a Sativa guy? Does make you feel racy or hyper or you just don’t like to laugh.. lol just kidding on that last one. I like it because it doesn’t turn me into a zombie like some Indica’s do.

:yoinks: me-?? not like to laff-?? u simply have to be kidding me! :rofl: but seriously tho, i'm jus super high strung by nature to begin with, so indicaz fit like a glove is all :shrug: :thumbsup: ppp

First auto I ever grew was an amnesia haze,
Definitely for the sativa fan
It was delicious :drool:
like smoking lemons,
an incredible citrus smell and taste, nice big foxtaily buds, and was a very uplifting and happy day-time high
Plus lots of auto breeders seem to have there own version of it because it's "a classic"
I will definitely grow it again, even if I didnt have the soft spot for the one that got me hooked:smokeit:
Happy growing buddy

Back