Indoor First Grow - starting late

Here you can see the blackberry on the left.I topped this plant because the top was growing retarded tall and had to cut 3 more tops out of this plant.The smaller lower tops caught up and this plant actually produced as good as the diesel right across from it.I would only top an auto if the top was just absurdly tall.Once its cut the plant will grow stronger in other areas.Ill cut an auto in a heartbeat before bending limbs.all these are 48 days old.planted nov 14.
20170104_222032.jpg

LST what?there is no way he can LST those plants.he dont have enough vertical growth.All LST is gonna do is stress them out.Hes gonna bend over the only tops he has hopes of getting decent buds on.The plant will use its energy to create new tops that will end up producing popcorn buds.Those plants are not robust enough. I dont understand the point of LST on autos.I would top an auto before LST just to keep the canopy even throughout so the side buds swell even more.Whatever you take from will make up for it elsewhere but the majority of the side branches on autos will grow up the sides pretty nice..The top normally keeps you from lowering the lights enough anyway.There is just not enough time like a photo to train a plant before the switch.bending and turning a flowering plant will break limbs for sure especially when they start to hollow.

Frank has already started an LST. Early? Yes. Necessary? Doubful. Veteran AFN grower's like @Margahooja , @Chester, @Rhyce Saroni who have been on AFN for years and have won BOM/POM contests may disagree with you. They all have done some form of training; LST, Super Cropping and Pony Tailing.
I do micro grows and w/o LST or Supercropping I'd never be able to grow the quality bud I do. I have also been nominated three times in AFN BOM/POM contest. My highest ranking of the contests was for a micro grow that was LST.

Topping an Autoflower cannabis is really never a good idea. Some plants can tolerate lt, but that's rare. Even @Rhyce Saroni who is a master grower of autoflower and photo would never top an Autoflower. As of Nitrogen Toxicity there is no sign of any kind that the girls are getting too much Nitrogen. No tip clawing (talon-like), slow growth, weak stems or slow growth.

All in all, I did check out @The Plant Whisperer's grow. Very impressed. You have the room to grow full size plants. There are grower's out there that don't have the luxury of a nice rather large grow space. Suggesting that low stress training of any kind on an autoflower is not necessary is ingenious and only makes a new grower more confused than necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The ol name drop and accomplishment trophys.Means nothing to me really.If you really think those plants look healthy than i have no idea how you won a trophy.the claw is not always the only sign with nitro toxicity.you can clearly see the bottom of the plants are crinkled and they are way too green.to much water,high PH and too much nitrogen is whats wrong with them plants.Could be the drain pans in the bottom not being dumped and the pots not getting run off properly and holding water in the bottoms.No runoff means more salt build up and nitrogen hanging around in the pot.not enough light to help assist the plant to feed itself.There is nothing wrong with topping a healthy plant.Here are a couple blue dream tops i got after 70 days on the nose.I got a half pound on 1 plant of the smelliest dankest bud
20161102_011140.jpg

20161102_011140.jpg

20161102_030625.jpg

Last edited:
The ol name drop and accomplishment trophys.Means nothing to me really.If you really think those plants look healthy than i have no idea how you won a trophy.the claw is not always the only sign with nitro toxicity.you can clearly see the bottom of the plants are crinkled and they are way too green.to much water,high PH and too much nitrogen is whats wrong with them plants.Could be the drain pans in the bottom not being dumped and the pots not getting run off properly and holding water in the bottoms.No runoff means more salt build up and nitrogen hanging around in the pot.not enough light to help assist the plant to feed itself.There is nothing wrong with topping a healthy plant.Here are a couple blue dream tops i got after 70 days on the nose.I got a half pound on 1 plant of the smelliest dankest bud
View attachment 686789 View attachment 686789
:finger:

View attachment 686804
View attachment 686804
View attachment 686812
I empty the pans 10 minutes after filling them. Maybe not enough run off, maybe the pots are cheap and need more drainage. I stop watering as soon as I see run off, so it's not 20%. I watered one of them 2 days ago and it's already close to dry. I don't think it's the lights I was running 600w mh about 18 inches away up until last night and now it's hps. Two 6 inch clip fans plus an oscillating fan. Maybe I should open a second passive air vent as only one is open now. Also maybe drill a few holes in the bottoms of the pots?

View attachment 686804
View attachment 686804
View attachment 686812
That Blue Dream does look impressive! If I were you I'd smoke some and chill.

Did you remove the plastic pans from the pots?some pots come with them.I would have went to hps as soon as I saw the first hairs usually around 2 weeks.initiate flowering more and youll get the stretch early on.autos are crazy fast.pots your size a 3/4 gallon on nutes.put your pots on a 5 gallon bucket.start with a half gallon and see what comes out.if it's about 20 percent of what went in this will give you an idea.now put the pot back in the tray.remember how heavy it was.keep lifting them everyday till they get super light.than you will know how much to water and exactly how mucheck there drinking.
Bottom line here is everyone wants to see fellow growers succeed.
The pots didn't come with the pans. Are you saying use 3/4 strength nutes per gallon? I've only been using 1/4 strength for 2 feedings.

Back