New Grower First grow- seedsman northern lights

The stagnated twin and the Larry lemon and Alaskan purple were watered yesterday + recharge and yucca. The twins' pots were getting buggier than I liked so sprayed their soil with neem oil. Seems better already.

The big twin got water this morning and her first feeding. Just a light feed, FF Grow Big at 1/4 strength, 1.25ml into a half gallon + recharge + yucca. I'm starting to think about how I'm going to train her. She started off very leggy, but has since started stacking nodes close together. Might be a tight squeeze to get some tape or wire in there. That will be started sometime this week, I think. Here she is this morning, an hour after her alarm and just after watering:
20210802_055146.jpg
20210802_055203.jpg

:welcome:
Yeah progress feels very slow at the beginning but that's due to two factors a) you're looking at them every day and therefore don't see much of a difference between each visit. remember when you were young and visited distant relatives? they'd always tell you that you had changed soooo much while you didn't feel that way at all? you saw yourself everyday in the mirror :p b) growth is exponential, the more foliage they have to create energy, the faster they grow.

pew pew pew :biggrin:

My first attempt at bondage. I dunno if i bent her over far enough for this to do any good. I figure it's a process. I don't think this will hurt her at all so I'll see how she responds and make adjustments.
20210802_123639.jpg

Day 27

Today is more lst work to keep her opening up.

20210805_103248.jpg
20210805_103256.jpg

Her twin seems to have pulled through her stagnation and might get some lst soon. She's way behind but i like how well the training has beefed up the other's stem.

20210805_103300.jpg
20210805_103307.jpg

Last edited:
Twins were fed and watered today. 1/4 strength grow big and big blooms + recharge + yucca.

I hope these branches grow big enough for me to pull to the other side of the pot or I'm going to wind up with a silly looking plant. Can you tell I don't know what I'm doing?

20210806_135222.jpg

20210806_135227.jpg

Day 33
Fed this one water + recharge + yucca this morning. Had one little spot of tip burn I noticed on new growth right after her last feeding. I had pushed her a bit with low dose nutes in 2 waterings in a row, so I didn't add any to this one. Training her is getting tough. The bottom of her stem to the first branches is basically wooden now, and the stem between all the branchings is as thick as one of my fingers and looks like she's been pumping iron. I bend her top over frequently but she likes to stand back up like it's light weight. I'm still trying to keep that at the level of the other branches but it's tough, so most of what I'm able to do is just trying to get light to the other node sites.

20210811_084617.jpg

This is the smaller of the twins. She was given water + recharge + yucca yesterday. I gave her one bend over for a day a couple of days ago and she seems contented with that. She must be the submissive one of the pair. I haven't had her tied down since but she's stayed more or less in place.

20210811_084625.jpg

Day 37

smaller twin got a light feeding Friday and the bigger yesterday. Grow Big and big bloom ~1/4 strength + recharge + yucca. Since they're both starting to show their sex i figured I'd give them back to school haircuts. Just a light trim to clear out lower stuff that will never get any decent light. I'm not sure I can train the main stem on the bigger girl anymore-- she's too thick to really bend over. The growth sites are really dense too, hopefully I can manipulate some of the branching as she goes to open her up. She's pretty short--hoping for some good growth here in the next few weeks.

Here's the bigger one after clearing out some lower stuff. I probably didn't clip half of what a better grower would.

20210815_084406.jpg

Back