New Grower First grow - RQS Northern Lights auto

Day 72

Well, she received her last feed today. Two flushes planned before the chop next weekend.

Cab shot
vrhQwlj.jpg

Side branch
0qBYeZ8.jpg

In the thick of it!
Rpnpv7b.jpg

Freaky, hairy little buggers aren't they?

Bit deceiving unfortunately. The buds are much smaller than the hairs make them look.

It looks like it'll be a decent yield man, I wouldn't be feeling the least bit bad about that haul!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not! It would be nice to pull an oz from her, but it's my first grow & I've only used a single 300w cfl so I'll be happy with whatever I get.

Getting excited now. I've done as much as I can. 2 flushes planned, chop on Saturday.

I've ordered some bubble bags which fingers crossed should be here before Saturday.

The first run will be done with just the trim. I plan to do a separate run with the smallest buds. The question I have is, do I need to dry the buds first or can I run them through the bubble bags as soon as I chop?

Best way is to cut them and immediately put them in the freezer.

So you are going to make bubble hash or keif? I was wondering about the drying process also.. I have 1/2 oz curing right now that I was going to make keif with. I have been drying and curing like I would smoke it. I am gathering from your posts that this is not necessary.. I can just freeze it and then start the process of hash?

Going to try making bubble hash. From what Medi said, no need to dry or cure.

From what Medi said, no need to dry or cure.

The reason it works better is that leaving the water in allows for ice formation in the freezer, this makes the glandular heads more apt to snap off with agitation, so combine that with ice water and you have a pretty solid extraction method.

Last edited:
Back