New Grower First grow - RQS Northern Lights auto

Yesterday was a very long day. I was up for 25 hours (don't ask!) before I started chopping!
Here's a before shot...

q2adXS9.jpg

And 2 1/2 hours later I was left with this...

XEbISTv.jpg

I can't tell you how surprised I was. The closer to the chop date I was getting more convinced it hadn't swelled much. After pruning I was shocked to see how much the lower buds had grow.

I have 188g of bud to dry and cure. I also have 19g of under developed bud to run through the bubble bags later on, currently in the freezer.

Thank you to all who have joined me for this grow, all help has been really appreciated :Sharing One:

- - - Updated - - -

The best part about the whole process, cannot beat smoking your own homegrown.

Got a similar 300w yesterday, the thing is huge. From elbow to finger tip looking forward to firing that up in a few weeks time.

- - - Updated - - -

The best part about the whole process, cannot beat smoking your own homegrown.

Got a similar 300w yesterday, the thing is huge. From elbow to finger tip looking forward to firing that up in a few weeks time.

It is huge - I am really pleased with the results I got from it though, its the only light I used all through this grow. You can get it about 2-3 inches from the plant.

Congratulations Gman! That should work out to around two ounces dry if you hadn't already done the math. She looks great too, you're making me excited for mine to get done.

Last edited:
Cheers Medi. I'm over the moon with it :)

Great Harvest G-man! I used a 300w dual CFL for my last grow, can't go wrong for price/heat benefits.

:slap:

Good job.

For anyone still following, final dry weight after a second trim, 42g :)

For anyone still following, final dry weight after a second trim, 42g :)

Nice work Gman! :) That should keep you busy for a while!! :)

Rep for a harvest! :)
:slap:

Outstanding man, how are you liking the smoke? Great grow buddy!

Cheers guys. Still got 2 more days curing. Really looking forward to it. Made some bubble hash, and without blowing my own trumpet, best hash I've ever had :)

Great job man!! How long total from seed to finish?? I used to love NL, and remember it very well from when I was much younger dude and think I may do a NL Auto down the road.. The photos take fooooorrrrreeeeeevvvveeeeerrrrrr!!!

Great job man!! How long total from seed to finish?? I used to love NL, and remember it very well from when I was much younger dude and think I may do a NL Auto down the road.. The photos take fooooorrrrreeeeeevvvveeeeerrrrrr!!!

80 days. I think if I were to do it again I'd chop the top first, give it a serious pruning and give the lower sites a few more days. As my first grow, I wasn't brave enough to do it!

Back