New Grower First grow, Royal Dwarf, UK outdoor

Looking good there - i will miss my outdoor garden grow(s) << so I will just watch other peoples :D

If you are thinking of LST I'd let a couple of more nodes form and then just drag the tip down and peg it - I used those soft bendy ties with a tent peg - and then you can run it more or less horizontal till it finishes stretching << I'm not convinced it gave me more yield outdoors but certainly produces a less typical looking canna bush if stealth is an issue. Warmth n sun by the buckets here... I'm sure dwarfy girl will be loving it.

Day 24:

Long days at work and early starts are catching up with me and tired so hardly looked at Dwarfy this week.

Has she grown? Well duh, of course she has! Had a lot of rain last night which I think has contributed to the leaf droop and I've a few small holes on the lower leaves from bugs.

Tomorrow's forecast looking dry but more rain Friday so I doubt I'll need to do any watering. How can I administer nutes when soil is already moist from rain if I don't want to add even more water to the pot? Would I be crazy thinking I could drip quite a concentrated nutes dose evenly over the soil and let the rain wash it through?

e6c5d6c1d08e1685ce0381ec120fd0e8.jpg

ebb2f54f2bb7b8961d717f251bfcb810.jpg

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Day 27: Bugs and Pre flower

I've been laid up in bed for a couple of days with a bug so hardly looked at Dwarfy since Thursday morning. Weather has been a mix of warm sun and clear skies during daytime and some really heavy rain and thunderstorms at night so we have seen it all.

Did the rounds in the garden today as I felt well enough to get up and about. Lots of things are blooming beautifully, but some things are being invaded too! My sunflower is covered in black aphids and looks like Dwarfy is being munched on a bit too.

I'll pick up some neem on Monday and give both plants a spray to see what that does.

But focusing on the positives:
I can see what I believe to be preflowering so she's doing a fine job despite the odd battle scar!

3fe0b362ce08a70db595b2a4cb20922c.jpg

e5dc35a0c8ff2bf74b4b8d7597346123.jpg

81f4a8f65eb3087505dd75287ab98918.jpg

Cheers
Swan

Day 27: Bugs and Pre flower

I've been laid up in bed for a couple of days with a bug so hardly looked at Dwarfy since Thursday morning. Weather has been a mix of warm sun and clear skies during daytime and some really heavy rain and thunderstorms at night so we have seen it all.

Did the rounds in the garden today as I felt well enough to get up and about. Lots of things are blooming beautifully, but some things are being invaded too! My sunflower is covered in black aphids and looks like Dwarfy is being munched on a bit too.

I'll pick up some neem on Monday and give both plants a spray to see what that does.

But focusing on the positives:
I can see what I believe to be preflowering so she's doing a fine job despite the odd battle scar!

3fe0b362ce08a70db595b2a4cb20922c.jpg

e5dc35a0c8ff2bf74b4b8d7597346123.jpg

81f4a8f65eb3087505dd75287ab98918.jpg

Cheers
Swan

Yup shes starting to bloom. Those bugs are really munching on her. Hope you get it figured out.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

20170604_195438.jpg
You have some great plants mine are starting there journey outside there in my tiny greenhouse till there a bit more developed I just repotted them I'm enjoying your journey so far
20170604_195436.jpg

Last edited:
Back