New Grower First grow – Log – Seedstockers Auto Northern Lights

The zoom on my smartphone is absolute guff, so the ring stays for now (until I get a better phone). Though I do like the effect of the ring.

Day 66

As I'm watering more often, I have reduced the CalMag and Bio-Bloom further (0.4ml and 0.5ml per litre respectively). As some Cola/Bud sites are now way above the mini tower fans height, I have added my USB fans to keep air moving.
Grow 01 Day 66.JPG

Grow 01 Day 66a.JPG

Grow 01 Day 66b.JPG

Day 67

Grow 01 Day 67.JPG

Grow 01 Day 67a.JPG

Grow 01 Day 67b.JPG

Day 68

Despite lowering CalMag and Bio-Bloom doses, what I thought was tip burn, appears to be getting worse, so I watered with just plain tap water.
Grow 01 Day 68.JPG

Grow 01 Day 68a.JPG
Grow 01 Day 68b.JPG

Some Bud/Cola pics
Grow 01 Day 68c.JPG

Grow 01 Day 68d.JPG

Day 69

Grow 01 Day 69.JPG

Grow 01 Day 69a.JPG

Grow 01 Day 69b.JPG

Bud/Cola shots again
Grow 01 Day 69c.JPG

Grow 01 Day 69d.JPG

Is it possible that what I thought was tip burn is actually the start of her final weeks, where she will use her own stored nutrients to finish herself off?

If so, should I stop the CalMag and Bio-Bloom now instead of week 11 (currently in week 10)?

Or should I continue beyond week 11 to try and allow the buds to fatten up more (I've heard that Seed Stockers Auto NL can take up to and beyond 14 weeks)?

When i see tip burn starting, I back off on nutrients a bit, 25% or so. Wait a few days and check new growth and see how it looks.

There's a while to go still, so I wouldn't go water only. And the leaves don't yellow up like that when they are in later bloom, as that starts with larger fan leaves connected to the stalk first, usually lower down, then moving up.

That's me take on it anywayz :eek1:

How much are you feeding? With autos, they sometimes do better with less than what a photoperiod plant can handle. What i found on BB is this:

Once you start using Bio Bloom, you should dilute at a rate of 2-4ml per litre of water and apply with every watering during the whole flowering period.

@Kyote When I first started with Bio-Bloom and CalMag (week 6), I needed to fix deficiencies, so she got 1 litre of water with 3ml of Bio-Bloom and 0.8ml of CalMag. Following that, subsequent waterings (every 3 days) were 1 litre with 1.5ml of Bio-Bloom (50% recommended dose) and 0.5ml of CalMag (100% recommended dose for prevention in soil).
At week 8, Bio-Bloom was increased to 2ml (still 50% recommended dose) and CalMag was increased to 0.8ml (new 100% recommended dose for week 8 onwards) until I noticed the tip burns (Day 59).
At this point, I reduced the Bio-Bloom to 1ml (25% recommended dose), but kept CalMag at 0.8ml.
By Day 66, I switched to watering every 2 days, and with no improvement on the tip burn issue, I tried 0.5ml (12.5%) of Bio-Bloom and 0.4ml (50%) of CalMag, and Day 68 just plain water.

Day 70

Following advice from @Kyote, watered with 25% recommended doses of CalMag and Bio-Bloom (0.2ml and 1ml respectively)
Grow 01 Day 70.JPG

Grow 01 Day 70a.JPG

Grow 01 Day 70b.JPG

Just a couple of Bud/Cola shots
Grow 01 Day 70c.JPG

Grow 01 Day 70d.JPG

And now for the weekly microscope shots. I messed up the cropping of these this week, so only partial circles I'm afraid
Grow 01 Day 70e.jpg

Grow 01 Day 70f.jpg

Grow 01 Day 70g.jpg

I went back and looked and can see the tip burn on day 51. You will get used to knowing what to look for, and how to correct/prevent it as you get some grows finished up. It gets easier, and it is a learning curve. Your NL looks way better than my first indoor grow. :thumbsup:

I wasn't clear on cutting back on the nutrients. :face: I meant cut back 25% of what you were feeding, not down to 25% of recommended feeding. So just watch the newer growth. If there is no new tip burn on the newer growth, you can up the nutes a bit. If you went down to 25%, go up a bit, to 40% or so after a couple feedings from where you are now. And just keep repeating this cycle, checking new growth, and do what the leaves tell you to do. Raise the bio bloom a bit more, or keep it the same, or drop it back a bit.

The burnt tips won't recover, so don't look for them to get better.

Thanks for the rep. :d5: You will get a harvest in another month or so, maybe a bit sooner, maybe a bit longer. :thumbsup:

@RastaDaniel has experience with Bio Bizz and he grows some sweet plantz. :thumbsup:

Dont mix CalMag and Bio-bloom in same container, Magnesium can have interaction with bloom bososters. 3ml of Bloom first feeding is way to much. 2ml per l end of flowering is what alot of plants can take.

Im useing fish mix in flowering, at 0.3-05ml per l during flowering roughly 2 weeks apart.
Bio Bloom on pre flowering you can start useing 1ml and up to 1.5 next week, you can up 0.5ml every 2 weeks after. So you would be at 2ml feed at week 3 and 2.5ml on week 5.

Hi @RastaDaniel, I wasn't aware of the possible interactions between BioBizz CalMag and Bio-Bloom. As my plant is currently only taking 1 litre of water every 2 days, how should I apply them please?

Once I have a few grows under my belt (and used up my remaining BioTabs starter kit), I am considering changing to all BioBizz (but not Fish-Mix as I have a serious aversion to fish smells :gag: ). I wish I had heard of them before, as they are cheaper and easier to get than BioTabs products.

For when that time comes, do you have a chart/table suitable for Autos in Light-Mix?

Back