New Grower First Grow - ILGM Blueberry - Indoor

Day 33
09-26-21_Day 33_Num_1_Ashley.jpg09-26-21_Day 33_Num_2_Sam.jpg09-26-21_Day 33_Num_3_Briscoe.jpg09-26-21_Day 33_All.jpg

- Looking a bit droopy, I think b/c I've been trying to keep them well-watered after I went an extra day last week between waterings. Light-green new growth went away, but now some random lower leaves are yellowing a bit. Probably time for another feed tomorrow.

- Raised the light a bit - was closer than I thought since they had grown. Should start carving notches in the tent posts or something to track them. Have some bamboo stakes I could add to do that. Should also do a better job of checking PPFDs, what height I should be at, etc...but, lazy :)

- Saw the first hint of a pistil on Sam, so I guess he gets a stay of execution for a bit. Growth tips so weird, though - the skinny leaves combined with what's starting to look like pre-buds. And the stems are almost growing more like vines than a flowering plant. I blame genetics. Yeah, that must be it...not my fault at all :p

09-26-21_Day 33_Num_2_Sam.jpg

Attachments

• 09-26-21_Day 33_Num_4_Bubba.jpg
    09-26-21_Day 33_Num_4_Bubba.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 21
I was venting into the room with a carbon filter and the smell was noticeable.. used a dryer vent screwed to a white piece of shelving and out my condo window and smell disappeared. Don’t notice anything outside the window…yet…strangely enough the rh went down as well when I did this. Good luck!
When I vented into my apartment, (hey, why waste the warm air in the winter!) I used a carbon filter inside the tent, but also put these in front of the blowing duct on top of my tent, and it made my whole apartment smell like Warm Vanilla :biggrin:
Amazon.com: WEB FilterFresh Whole Home French Vanilla Air Freshener : Automotive
Then I changed it up and used one of these to vent outside, and I found it very discreet. No other tenants even asked what it was.
Amazon.com: Window Dryer Vent (Adjusts 24 Inch Through 36 Inch) by Vent Works : Appliances
Now I live in my own home and it is legal to grow here...so I just vent into my living-room au natural,
I LOVE THE SMELL OF WEED! LOL

Last edited:
Day 34
Fed again today. Updated actual feed schedule is below. A few of the bottom fan leaves on some plants are yellowing, so I may need to switch to more frequent / lower strength feedings.

1632784660489.png

These air pots dry out a bit quicker than fabrics, plus I think I used ones that are a bit smaller than I should have, so I'm watering just about every day. We're gonna need a bigger spreadsheet...

Fed again today. Updated actual feed schedule is below. A few of the bottom fan leaves on some plants are yellowing, so I may need to switch to more frequent / lower strength feedings.

View attachment 1371958

These air pots dry out a bit quicker than fabrics, plus I think I used ones that are a bit smaller than I should have, so I'm watering just about every day. We're gonna need a bigger spreadsheet...
This is why Access forms are the superior form of data entry lmfao.

Day 36 - Halfway There!!!
09-29-21_Day 36_Num_1_Ashley.jpg09-29-21_Day 36_Num_3_Briscoe.jpg09-29-21_Day 36_Num_4_Bubba.jpg09-29-21_Day 36_All.jpg

- 35 days old! That means I should be halfway there, right?!?

- Fed them again at half-strength of the last feed. Not sure where the water's going, but Bubba drank nearly 3 pints in a day...

- Ashley and Briscoe have a few yellow leaves on the bottom, but I think it's more of a lighting / training issue than a nute issue. I trained them over to one side, so half of the lower leaves have to grow/stretch out from under the rest of the canopy. I left Bubba au natural with no LST and none of those issues with him.

09-29-21_Day 36_Num_3_Briscoe (Leaves) .jpg09-29-21_Day 36_Num_3_Briscoe (Closeup).jpg

- Here's proof of life on Sam:

09-29-21_Day 36_Num_2_Sam.jpg

Just training him however I can without snapping him again. He hasn't died yet, so that split in his main node seems to be sealing up.

Day 39
10-02-21_Day 39_Num_1_Ashley.jpg10-02-21_Day 39_Num_3_Briscoe.jpg10-02-21_Day 39_Num_4_Bubba.jpg10-02-21_Day 39_All.jpg

Keep getting some yellow leaves. Seem to be both big and small fan leaves at the bottom and within the canopy - mainly ones that have extra long stems, etc that seem to be struggling to get light. Also seem to be getting some general lightening of Ashley and Briscoe, and some purpling of stems on Briscoe.

I had changed feed to "go half strength, but more frequent", but they look like they need more N and P. So, I guess it's back to high strength.

1633219572664.png

So, once again, it's time to try to kill them again figure out how much to feed them next...

Here's what the fox farm schedule says:

1633225012070.png

I'm in week 6, but that's probably about week 7 or 8 in the ff schedule (since it's based on photos). But, when have I ever followed that?

Based on these articles, I'll plan on the following:
  • Target a K:Ca:Mg ratio of 4:2:1
  • Target an N : P ratio of around 160:60
  • Adjust to give overall N around what I've been feeding so far
  • Use Excel solver to find closest match based on being able to measure 0.5 mL graduations of the FF nutes
  • Check that P and micros look to be sufficient
Excel tells me to use 6 mL Grow / 7 mL Micro / 8.5 mL Bloom, which gives the following ppms:

1633225537338.png

:fire::fire::fire::growing::fire::fire::fire:

Day 43
10-06-21_Day 43_All.jpg

- Need to take some individual pics. I keep just taking full tent pics for the Mars contest...

10-06-21_Day 43_Num_3_Briscoe.jpg

- Stretching, with Briscoe leading the way at 2-in/day. Not all that much room left to raise my light...may need to top him if he doesn't stop soon. The others are also stretching, but ~4"-6" shorter than Briscoe.

- Tent humidity is hitting ~80% at night, so need to start thinking about changing up ventilation. No fancy AC infinity fans, so main duct fan is only on/off based on high temp. Would be nice if I had a second duct fan / exhaust line. But, for now, may eventually just switch the main duct fan over to the humidity controller outlet on my inkbird.

- Feed chart below. Waiting until stretch stops to start ramping down N. Still fighting some yellowing leaves at the bottoms - happens to both big fan leaves at the edges and random smaller leaves inside the canopy. Still telling myself it's normal and just a lighting thing, though...

1633545593231.png

You can just bend a top 90 degrees of it's getting too close to the light. "Supercropping." I would think that would be preferable to topping at this stage

Back