First grow - how are they looking?

Half way through day 11 - how are they looking @hope2grow. Are they on par for what their growth should be at this stage?

Fed them 300ml of EC 480 solution today - pHed to 5.88!

They look absolutely text book brother.. perfect.. strong and healthy still loads of new light green growth showing.. in 2 words.. they're flyin :thumbsup::thumbsup:

By day 14 my plants have usually grown as wide as their container and the first 2 sets of nodes will be out.. that's my sorta first checkpoint for want of a better word.

Genuinely M8 they couldn't be goin any better at this point.. great job so far :d5::jointman:

Half way through day 11 - how are they looking @hope2grow. Are they on par for what their growth should be at this stage?

Fed them 300ml of EC 480 solution today - pHed to 5.88!
Looking good. I don't think you're gonna be losing any of those babies. I'm doing my first grow in coco too. I've kept my nutrient solution light but am feeding plenty of volume and the girls seem to be happy with that. I think that influx of fresh goodies and oxygen is the key. Can't wait to see these get big!

Hi guys!

Thought I'd give a better photoshoot of how my ladies are doing today! We are about 1/3 through their day 11 lighting schedule so far.

I am wanting to transplant the strongest of each strain into their final 8L containers tomorrow and keep the others in a 0.5L pot to mess around with, but I wanted to get a quick opinion from @Waira and @St. Tom on how they are doing as I believe you guys are the seasoned pros with coco around here?! :bow::bow:
Also a big shout out to @hope2grow - he has been very patient with my questions and generally an awesome person! :cheers:

These shots were taken under my girlfriend's 5600K ring light and show up much better than the blurple shots I have been taking recently, so hopefully you can see in a better light (no pun intended) on how they're doing!

I haven't fed them today as the coco was still moist, so I will probably feed again tomorrow with 550 EC solution. Any other info you need will probably be on the first page in regards to temps/RH/setup etc. but if not, I'll happily answer!

Attachments

• ALL-1.jpg
    ALL-1.jpg
    592.1 KB · Views: 36
  • ALL-2.jpg
    ALL-2.jpg
    628.9 KB · Views: 34
  • FAT-BAN-1.jpg
    FAT-BAN-1.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 30
  • FAT-BAN-2.jpg
    FAT-BAN-2.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 32
  • QUICK-1.jpg
    QUICK-1.jpg
    770.7 KB · Views: 35
  • QUICK-2.jpg
    QUICK-2.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 31
  • QUICK-3.jpg
    QUICK-3.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 29
  • QUICK-4.jpg
    QUICK-4.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 31
  • QUICK-5.jpg
    QUICK-5.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Feed schedule.png
    Feed schedule.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 28
Looking good. I don't think you're gonna be losing any of those babies. I'm doing my first grow in coco too. I've kept my nutrient solution light but am feeding plenty of volume and the girls seem to be happy with that. I think that influx of fresh goodies and oxygen is the key. Can't wait to see these get big!

Thanks man! I am a nervous first time grower so any small change and I am wondering if I will have to start all over again haha!

How are you finding your first time in coco?

Hi guys!

Thought I'd give a better photoshoot of how my ladies are doing today! We are about 1/3 through their day 11 lighting schedule so far.

I am wanting to transplant the strongest of each strain into their final 8L containers tomorrow and keep the others in a 0.5L pot to mess around with, but I wanted to get a quick opinion from @Waira and @St. Tom on how they are doing as I believe you guys are the seasoned pros with coco around here?! :bow::bow:
Also a big shout out to @hope2grow - he has been very patient with my questions and generally an awesome person! :cheers:

These shots were taken under my girlfriend's 5600K ring light and show up much better than the blurple shots I have been taking recently, so hopefully you can see in a better light (no pun intended) on how they're doing!

I haven't fed them today as the coco was still moist, so I will probably feed again tomorrow with 550 EC solution. Any other info you need will probably be on the first page in regards to temps/RH/setup etc. but if not, I'll happily answer!
there looking stellar great job my friend regarding repotting some says its a no-no but I start all my girls in solo cups and pot them up in there 15 l pots and you wont have a problem with healthy girls my friend

Thanks man! I am a nervous first time grower so any small change and I am wondering if I will have to start all over again haha!

How are you finding your first time in coco?
Hey I completely understand. We care about these plants and want them to do well. Better to care too much than not enough me thinks.
I like coco quite a bit so far. The growth has been really awesome to watch and I don't think my girls would be anywhere close to the size they are in soil. Im a old country boy so I've grown a lot of other plants in soil, lost a lot of plants over the years. Shit happens. This is my first full indoor run with these specific types of plants and I'm loving the sterility of the media. I've worked really hard to keep everything super clean and I haven't seen some of the problems that almost always plagued me in soil, especially cheap soil. I start hundreds of seeds indoors for the gardens every year. Aphids, gnats, and root rot have killed more seedlings than I can count. I didn't want to even risk any of it with these girls and so that alone is worth it. The drainage is also real sweet, I'm using minimal perlite (~10%) and fabric pots and they clear out nice and fast. My girls are eating 3x a day now so that alot to keep up with sometimes but I could probably up the nutes and reduce frequency. Im ashamed to say I have no idea what my pH or EC is, I just been watching the leaves close everyday and making little tweaks, so can I say I find it pretty easy too? Don't stress friend, that's the main thing. They'll let you know if they aren't happy and one of the other great things with coco is you can correct most issues that pops up real quick like.

there looking stellar great job my friend regarding repotting some says its a no-no but I start all my girls in solo cups and pot them up in there 15 l pots and you wont have a problem with healthy girls my friend

Thanks man!

I've read a lot and I have heard that transplanting is a no-no with autos, but I'm going to do my best to reduce transplant shock by getting the EC of the new medium to be roughly the same as what it was originally potted in, and I'll be careful. I guess if it really goes wrong I have 2 to fall back on!

Hey I completely understand. We care about these plants and want them to do well. Better to care too much than not enough me thinks.
I like coco quite a bit so far. The growth has been really awesome to watch and I don't think my girls would be anywhere close to the size they are in soil. Im a old country boy so I've grown a lot of other plants in soil, lost a lot of plants over the years. Shit happens. This is my first full indoor run with these specific types of plants and I'm loving the sterility of the media. I've worked really hard to keep everything super clean and I haven't seen some of the problems that almost always plagued me in soil, especially cheap soil. I start hundreds of seeds indoors for the gardens every year. Aphids, gnats, and root rot have killed more seedlings than I can count. I didn't want to even risk any of it with these girls and so that alone is worth it. The drainage is also real sweet, I'm using minimal perlite (~10%) and fabric pots and they clear out nice and fast. My girls are eating 3x a day now so that alot to keep up with sometimes but I could probably up the nutes and reduce frequency. Im ashamed to say I have no idea what my pH or EC is, I just been watching the leaves close everyday and making little tweaks, so can I say I find it pretty easy too? Don't stress friend, that's the main thing. They'll let you know if they aren't happy and one of the other great things with coco is you can correct most issues that pops up real quick like.

For sure! I want them to have the best possible life and eventual yield so I am checking in to make sure nothing goes awry. Fabric pots are great too - super easy to feed and drain!

Oh man, you must be a pro grower! The sterility and level of control was one of the reasons I went for coco in the end over soil - the ability to know exactly what nutrients go in/come out appealed to me a lot. I'm impressed that you don't even read pH and EC too, you must have the green fingers dialed in for this! Have you got any grows on the go at the moment?

I am a little concerned about gnats/other bugs, but I also live on the 6th floor so I'm hoping there is less chance of those bugs wandering up to where I am and causing issues.

For sure! I want them to have the best possible life and eventual yield so I am checking in to make sure nothing goes awry. Fabric pots are great too - super easy to feed and drain!

Oh man, you must be a pro grower! The sterility and level of control was one of the reasons I went for coco in the end over soil - the ability to know exactly what nutrients go in/come out appealed to me a lot. I'm impressed that you don't even read pH and EC too, you must have the green fingers dialed in for this! Have you got any grows on the go at the moment?

I am a little concerned about gnats/other bugs, but I also live on the 6th floor so I'm hoping there is less chance of those bugs wandering up to where I am and causing issues.
Awe friend you're very kind but no there's nothing professional about me, growing or otherwise ha. I'm using pH perfect nutrients from Advanced. If things got weird I was gonna buy a pH pen but so far so good. I only grow so many veggies because I'm too cheap to pay what the grocer wants for them. I grew up poor and my ma made us grow, pick, and can everything so I just kept on as an adult. I do have a journal up in the new grower section

Last edited:
Back