First grow - how are they looking?

RO water would be ideal, however with the situation I am in I unfortunately cannot install one. However, I am incredibly lucky to be able to buy distilled water very, very cheaply and it's available within a 1 minute walk from where I live so I don't mind absorbing the cost.

In that case, would distilled still be ok to use? I have found conflict from answers online with some saying it's fine and others not recommending it. It's left me more confused than informed if I'm honest!
It's fine, I use distilled, RO ( from walmart) and rain water. Raining now and I'm collecting it now! As long as the ppms are low you're ok.

It's fine, I use distilled, RO ( from walmart) and rain water. Raining now and I'm collecting it now! As long as the ppms are low you're ok.

Amazing - thanks guys. Just picked some up now ;-).

Is pHed tap water ok for seedlings at this stage, or should I move onto pHed distilled water? I'm not feeding any nutes right now.

I use only distilled water for seedlings....usually for a month then begin using ph'ed well water. DI is also useful for flushing if you see a need.

Hey guys! Thought I'd give a small photo update on how I'm doing. These are what the girls are looking like at half way through day 4! They seem to have exploded a bit today.

I fed them all 50ml of 6.3pH distilled water today. Trying my best not to overwater!

Attachments

• EOD-4.jpg
    EOD-4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
Hey m8.. those lil ladies are of to a great start.. keep up the good work.. as your old school teacher used to say.. what you thought was yellowing earlier was just fresh light green growth.. for me just a sign of how well theyre doing :cheers: :jointman:

Hey m8.. those lil ladies are of to a great start.. keep up the good work.. as your old school teacher used to say.. what you thought was yellowing earlier was just fresh light green growth.. for me just a sign of how well theyre doing :cheers: :jointman:

Thanks man! I guess as a new grower you can't help but worry. I'll keep on doing what I'm doing!

Happy Easter everyone. :cheers:

New update - half way through day 6. The girls seem to have grown again, however is this looking on track for the day I'm on?

I fed them all 60ml of distilled water today - will be starting them on their first nute feed on Tuesday!

Attachments

• EOD-6.jpg
    EOD-6.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 71
Back