First grow - how are they looking?

IMHO they look abs perfect m8. If u can keep em like that you'll smash it :clapper: :cheers::headbang::jointman:

Woohoo! Hopefully so. :d5:

So I've gone ahead and created a to-scale design of element placements within my tent. The front doors of my tent are at the bottom of the design.

The white area is the bounds of my tent, the green block + arrows-in is going to be my makeshift air intake that I will get the rest of my bits for on Wednesday (located at the bottom of the tent), and the orange area with the arrows-out is my exhaust fan (located at the top of the tent).

Each of the bigger plants will have feet between the bottom of the fabric pot and the drainage system, so I can remove all excess salts + test my runoff easily. The only difficulty will be accessing the humidifier, so I may have to switch the order of the smaller/larger plants and the humidifier itself.

I know it might get tight with 4 plants, but my thoughts are to have 2 stronger and larger plants (1 Fat Banana and 1 Quick One), and then keep the weakest in the current 5L pots just to mess around with and test my LST skills/topping etc. I'm not too bothered if they become stunted or even die, as I see them as practise plants for now. If I find it's starting to take up too much space as they grow, and they are all looking good I may consider buying a smaller tent to account for them.

Do you think this works? I am a total noob but I'm just trying to work it all out!

Attachments

• Overkill.png
    Overkill.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 43
Your tents 2ft X 2.5ft M8 yea? If so.. in honesty.. youre gonna struggle when they get established.. but hey ho.. you're up and runnin now so let's see how u go :thumbsup:

Your tents 2ft X 2.5ft M8 yea? If so.. in honesty.. you're gonna struggle when they get established.. but hey ho.. you're up and runnin now so let's see how u go :thumbsup:

Yeah 2x2.5ft, this is what I thought. We shall see!

In all honesty, I germinated 4 expecting to mess up at least 2 but they all seem to be going well. If it gets too much, I'll focus on two plants with this tent!

Don't want to encourage you to run before you can walk but you could top 2 of the plants at the 2nd set of nodes restricting then to 4 main branches. That would save a bit of space. Personally I'd top them all at the 3rd or 4the set and let them go untrained encouraging 6/8 strong straight stems. What height is the tent M8?

Don't want to encourage you to run before you can walk but you could top 2 of the plants at the 2nd set of nodes restricting then to 4 main branches. That would save a bit of space. Personally I'd top them all at the 3rd or 4the set and let them go untrained encouraging 6/8 strong straight stems. What height is the tent M8?

I'm always down for a challenge! If it's ok, I'll post every day and maybe you can recommend a time to top the plants?

Also, if I top them do I not need to train them? If I'm honest, I have done more research around LST vs. topping but I'll definitely take a look today!

Oh, one more question - I am going to start feeding them tomorrow with a light feed of the General Hydroponics trio + CalMag to an EC of 400 using distilled water. Do you think this is a reasonable thing to do?

Back