New Grower First grow ever

As far as trim, yeah I wet trim as much as possible. I'm autistic and while sticky fingers are annoying, the sensory input from trying to dry trim is pretty unbearable lol. Plus, I feel like I can get a way better manicure when I can actually move the buds apart and open them up, and it lets me check for any bud rot possibly hiding in there.

AFN, bonjour !

A week ago, I fed my jack herer auto with full dose of bloom instead of 1/2 dose.
My reasoning was to help her fatten buds.

The result was a failure - some lower leaves started to decay, with brown spots and yellowing, some upper leaves had the point burnt.
So I immediately stop and next feed was plain tap water.
I also removed as many sick leaves as I could.

I read a lot of great grow journals here by great gardeners, and I realize that feeding is a science (as is light, climat and everything else lol).
The only way for me to approach it is by trial and error, because I'm not a science guy at all lol
I will continue to gather as much data as I understand and I'll try to apply to my grows.

As for now, I hope I didn't start to kill her...
What would you do to help ?
She's almost week 5 of flower.

If it's not too late, what can I do to get her back on track ?

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

@420Forever @St. Tom @Suki813 @Mañ'O'Green @pop22

Last edited:
AFN, bonjour !

A week ago, I fed my jack herer auto with full dose of bloom instead of 1/2 dose.
My reasoning was to help her fatten buds.

The result was a failure - some lower leaves started to decay, with brown spots and yellowing, some upper leaves had the point burnt.
So I immediately stop and next feed was plain tap water.
I also removed as many sick leaves as I could.

I read a lot of great grow journals here by great gardeners, and I realize that feeding is a science (as is light, climat and everything else lol).
The only way for me to approach it is by trial and error, because I'm not a science guy at all lol
I will continue to gather as much data as I understand and I'll try to apply to my grows.

As for now, I hope I didn't start to kill her...
What would you do to help ?
She's almost week 5 of flower.

If it's not too late, what can I do to get her back on track ?

View attachment 1385489

View attachment 1385490

@420Forever @St. Tom @Suki813 @Mañ'O'Green @pop22
I'm the same way and have burned plants before by feeding the recommended amount. I would flush her by putting gallons of water through her equal to the volume of the pot (for a #5, 5 gallons). When it's cold I've done that in the bathtub. Then give her a day and feed her half nutes per watering until she recovers.

I've burned a lot of plants, so now I start nutes at a low dose and work my way up. I hate measuring things and would prefer a healthy plant over pushing for maximum yield.

You have helped me though - I am growing a Jack Herer now and now know to take it easy on nutes.

You might take my advice with a grain of salt though - I've been growing for only one year this month.

@Rasterman Thanks for the input.

In that case it's clearly my fault : I was feeding the recommended amount for autoflowers, i.e generally half dose.
No problem at all occurred.
It's me who in an attempt to help fatten the buds made a mistake by upping to full dose.
Fortunately I stopped almost immediately and gave her only water.

I hope others members will give their advice too. Or maybe should I post in the Infirmary to get more advices ?

Just carry on imo, flushing soil will cause way more problems than its worth. Your light intensity may be a bit high, I would just water as needed for now until they start to look better, and then go back to your normal feed amounts. Pushing extra nutes isn't going to give you any more bud unless they actually are in need of extra nutes. The only thing you can do to help your buds fatten is give them time.

As far as trim, yeah I wet trim as much as possible. I'm autistic and while sticky fingers are annoying, the sensory input from trying to dry trim is pretty unbearable lol. Plus, I feel like I can get a way better manicure when I can actually move the buds apart and open them up, and it lets me check for any bud rot possibly hiding in there.
You open them up and check for moistness?:muahaha:

@snerval Dont worry too much, yours look way better than my first ones .your still going to end up with some nice flower.

You may also want to lift your lights some if you can. What light schedule are you using currently?

Reactions: AMG
Thank you @Suki813

Your light intensity may be a bit high

What should be the light intensity ? I have no idea apart that I'm on 100% on the attis 200W, about 65 cm above top canopy... maybe I should get a tool and begin to learn about light stuff...

I would just water as needed for now until they start to look better, and then go back to your normal feed amounts.

That's a relief, it is what I did instinctively :)
I will go on until I see an improvement, without nutes. Then back half dose of bloom.

Pushing extra nutes isn't going to give you any more bud unless they actually are in need of extra nutes.

Lesson learned !
I truly thought it couldn't be of harm, to boost the dose ; well she reacted negatively.
Now that I think about it, I hope there are no other problem underlying...

The only thing you can do to help your buds fatten is give them time.

This and a kind of living soil I think. I've read fascinating posts these days here on AFN, about growers knowing the science of soil :)
I love that. Myself living in the country side I would love to learn how to do my own soil !
So much to learn !

Back