New Grower First grow ever

Thank you @Suki813

What should be the light intensity ? I have no idea apart that I'm on 100% on the attis 200W, about 65 cm above top canopy... maybe I should get a tool and begin to learn about light stuff...

That's a relief, it is what I did instinctively :)
I will go on until I see an improvement, without nutes. Then back half dose of bloom.

Lesson learned !
I truly thought it couldn't be of harm, to boost the dose ; well she reacted negatively.
Now that I think about it, I hope there are no other problem underlying...

This and a kind of living soil I think. I've read fascinating posts these days here on AFN, about growers knowing the science of soil :)
I love that. Myself living in the country side I would love to learn how to do my own soil !
So much to learn !
Oh no I mean specifically while using salt nutes in soil. Each grow style is similar but very different and yields different results. But specifically when using salt nutes, you won't get bigger buds by providing extra nutes. You're definitely more likely to cause problems than a better yield. I would definitely stick to your plan, and maybe try lifting your light some or possibly a bit more dark time. @Mañ'O'Green can explain it better but essentially the higher your DLI, the more water (and thus nutrients) your plant will uptake, causing burn.

Pushing extra nutes isn't going to give you any more bud unless they actually are in need of extra nutes. The only thing you can do to help your buds fatten is give them time.
Preach @Suki813 !
:bow::yeahthat: + light

Oh by the way, if you remember my problem with gnats, at some point I decided to be a little more agressive, so I ordered some Gnatrol (BTI)...
Guess what, they have almost disappeared lol during the shipping ! all by themselves they're gone in a week.
Maybe the result (several days later) of the neem oil mid-drench I did... Nature is always surprising !

... At least I'm well armed now. Both pro-actively speaking and in case of war too :biggrin:

Lighting science is one thing I haven't delved to much into yet, I've been working on overall environmental stuff, ph, and nutrients thus far and attempting to get those dialed in. Personally I'd much rather have my lights too far away and adjust down if needed to account for any excessive stretch than have them too close and cause issues that way.

Oh no I mean specifically while using salt nutes in soil. Each grow style is similar but very different and yields different results. But specifically when using salt nutes, you won't get bigger buds by providing extra nutes. You're definitely more likely to cause problems than a better yield. I would definitely stick to your plan, and maybe try lifting your light some or possibly a bit more dark time. @Mañ'O'Green can explain it better but essentially the higher your DLI, the more water (and thus nutrients) your plant will uptake, causing burn.

I'm not using salt nutes at all...
I choose this compagny at the time not knowing much about others...

I follow RQS plan (Vertafort - all organic nutrition) which is like Biobizz lightmix + 30% perlite + 50g dispersible tablets + Mycorrhiza

This is tablet composition :
Ingredients
Organic nitrogen (N)6%
Phosphoric anhydride (P2O5)7%
Potassium oxide (K2O)12%
Sulfur trioxide (SO3)10%
Magnesium oxide (MgO)2%
Organic material30%

Origin
Organic nitrogenBy-product of hides
PhosphorousBone meal
PotassiumPotassium sulfate
MagnesiumDolomite

The fongus types
Rhizophagus irregularis
Entrophospora colombiana
Glomus spurcum
Glomus mosseae
Glomus geosporum
Glomus clarum
Glomus etunicatum

Then I gave half dosage of this one at veg stage :
Ingredients
Hydrolized protein30%
Leonardite humic acid20%
Lithothamnium seaweed20%
Potassium sulfate12%
Magnesium sulfate3%
Calcium bi-carbonate15%

Then for flowering stage :
Easy Bloom Tablet ingredient
Monopotassium phosphate65%
Calcium bi-carbonate25%
Magnesium sulphate10%
Analysis of elements
P2O530%
K2O20%
MgO6%

A week ago I made the mistake of upping to full dose, I think that this hurt the jack. Also AK but on a less important way.
The royal dwarf and the haze didn't react badly at all.

I'm definitely lifting the light, thanks you.

Last edited:
I'm not using salt nutes at all... only organic nutrition.
I choose this compagny at the time not knowing much about others...

I follow RQS plan (Vertafort) which is like Biobizz lightmix + 30% perlite + 50g dispersible tablets + Mycorrhiza

This is tablet composition :
Ingredients
Organic nitrogen (N)6%
Phosphoric anhydride (P2O5)7%
Potassium oxide (K2O)12%
Sulfur trioxide (SO3)10%
Magnesium oxide (MgO)2%
Organic material30%
Origin
Organic nitrogenBy-product of hides
PhosphorousBone meal
PotassiumPotassium sulfate
MagnesiumDolomite

The fongus types :
Rhizophagus irregularis
Entrophospora colombiana
Glomus spurcum
Glomus mosseae
Glomus geosporum
Glomus clarum
Glomus etunicatum

Then I gave half dosage of this one at veg stage :
Ingredients
Hydrolized protein30%
Leonardite humic acid20%
Lithothamnium seaweed20%
Potassium sulfate12%
Magnesium sulfate3%
Calcium bi-carbonate15%

Then for flowering stage :
Easy Bloom Tablet ingredient
Monopotassium phosphate65%
Calcium bi-carbonate25%
Magnesium sulphate10%
Analysis of elements
P2O530%
K2O20%
MgO6%

Physical/Chemical Properties
Physical stateEfervescent tablets
ColourRose
OdourLight smell
PH6-7
Gravity0.78 gr/cm3
Solubility in water100% Soluble

A week ago I made the mistake of upping to full dose, I think that this hurt the jack. Also AK but on a less important way.
The royal dwarf and the haze didn't react badly at all.

I'm definitely lifting the light, thanks you.
Can you link me to whatever nutes you're using?

Sure. Wasn't sure about posting external product links...

Sure. Wasn't sure about posting external product links...

As long as you're not the seller I'm pretty sure its fine! Just easier for me to look at that way on mobile :jointman:

Back