New Grower First grow ever

Hi !

Today I'm wondering about my dear royal dwarf auto :)

I took some microscope pictures of her trying to understand when she will be ready to harvest... she's 9 weeks from germ, we can see a variety of trichomes color, but my interrogation is : why the leaves stay healthy lol ?

All around AFN I watch beautiful plants ready to be chopped, with their leaves being yellow for the most part.
Should I wait up to this point, regardless of trichomes color ?
I posted also in the harvest section because I need advices :)

Thank you in advance to @St. Tom @Master_gRoshi @pop22 @Suki813 @draxcel

View attachment 1384281
View attachment 1384280
View attachment 1384279
View attachment 1384278
Do not do my error.Keep It 2 or 1 week more.I would go 10 days,giving only water and checking trichomes every 5 days

Do not do my error.Keep It 2 or 1 week more.I would go 10 days,giving only water and checking trichomes every 5 days
If the leaves are not yellowing,the plants still has some NPK reservoir,you have to see the leaves starting to Yellow.Then,It Will be even Better.

My plants remain green to the end most of the time. It's because I don't flush my plants, which accomplishes nothing but starving your plants. That is definitely a fast plant, she looks like you could chop her any time now!

Hi !

Today I'm wondering about my dear royal dwarf auto :)

I took some microscope pictures of her trying to understand when she will be ready to harvest... she's 9 weeks from germ, we can see a variety of trichomes color, but my interrogation is : why the leaves stay healthy lol ?

All around AFN I watch beautiful plants ready to be chopped, with their leaves being yellow for the most part.
Should I wait up to this point, regardless of trichomes color ?
I posted also in the harvest section because I need advices :)

Thank you in advance to @St. Tom @Master_gRoshi @pop22 @Suki813 @draxcel

View attachment 1384281
View attachment 1384280
View attachment 1384279
View attachment 1384278

My plants remain green to the end most of the time. It's because I don't flush my plants, which accomplishes nothing but starving your plants. That is definitely a fast plant, she looks like you could chop her any time now!

Woah ! That's the kind of info about the leaves I'm glad to know. Thank you @pop22
I will monitor her closely from today ^^
In fact I was already convinced by your article about flushing, as well as some previous study I've read, so I wasn't going to flush them anyway.

So today according to another macro observation I think it's almost time to chop some buds from my royal dwarf.
It's such an exciting time !
I have some newbie questions of course :biggrin:

- If I chop a bud, the ones below will still continue to grow, right ? Is there any rule of thumb in this staggered harvest process ?
- How do you fast dry just one bud ?

So today according to another macro observation I think it's almost time to chop some buds from my royal dwarf.
It's such an exciting time !
I have some newbie questions of course :biggrin:

- If I chop a bud, the ones below will still continue to grow, right ? Is there any rule of thumb in this staggered harvest process ?
- How do you fast dry just one bud ?
Yep, just take whatever needs to be taken and the rest will be fine. If ifs just one bud, I'll generally just leave it on my trim tray screen for a few days. If you're talking about a cola, I will use one of those pants hangers with the clips and hang it up, unless its got a joint I can hang it from.

Clipped like this
20211106_022017.jpg

Thank you @Suki813
I want to try just one bud on my volcano to realize if she's ok to harvest or not - will try this tonight when light will be on.
Did you wet trim those ?

Thank you @Suki813
I want to try just one bud on my volcano to realize if she's ok to harvest or not - will try this tonight when light will be on.
Did you wet trim those ?
Oh, if you're looking for super quick you can pop it in the microwave for short bursts at 25% power. It'll kill any taste but you should be able to get an idea of the high. @Bruce Campbell was just asking about this so he may be able to clue you in on how he went about it. For me, leaving it on a screen for a couple days worked just fine, as its not gonna change a ton in 2 or 3 days unless its already super ripe.

Oh, if you're looking for super quick you can pop it in the microwave for short bursts at 25% power. It'll kill any taste but you should be able to get an idea of the high. @Bruce Campbell was just asking about this so he may be able to clue you in on how he went about it. For me, leaving it on a screen for a couple days worked just fine, as its not gonna change a ton in 2 or 3 days unless its already super ripe.

Well I don't own a microwave, never like this concept. Plus as you say the waves destroy and/or modify molecules, really not a fan of this.
I think I can try to let the bud in a net just above the led light : the space in the tent is well ventilated, RH is low at 44%, temp is 19°C.

Back