New Grower First Grow Ever! 2x AutoBlackBerry Kush + BioBizz

hey brother ! sorry to hear your having PH troubles ! after reading your post I noticed you measured your run off Ph only , so im curious as if to know if you knew the ph of your water going in first ? im pretty sure some seniors on the site offered me ph testing advice through this method using run off and I don't know if you did it right hope it helps and im not steering you wrong ...going to copy and paste from a post I had months ago posted by Goauto6 ........
Got ya covered,

[h=2]Rough Calculation Guide:[/h] Here's some good info on ph.....
If your runoff pH is higher than your starting pH, use this equation to determine your soil pH:*
Soil pH = Runoff pH + Difference

If your runoff pH is lower than your starting pH, us this equation:
Soil pH = Runoff pH - Difference.

For example, say your the starting pH of your solution before it goes in is 6.5 and the pH of your runoff is 7.0. The difference is +0.5, so using the above equation:
Soil pH = 7.0 + 0.5*
Soil pH = 7.5

If your starting pH is 6.5 and your runoff is 6.0, your difference is -0.5 and using the above equation:
Soil pH = 6.0 - 0.5
Soil pH = 5.5
:pass:

also ds I thought id also give you some good advice I was given here on AFN before...If you going to be growing in soil for future, when and if you can you should invest in a good soil ph probe! many AFNers recommend the Control Wizard accurate 8 ph and moisture soil probe as well as my self I bought one and wish I had it my first grow ! all the best on solving your issues my friend :karmacloud: your way!

also ds I thought id also give you some good advice I was given here on AFN before...If you going to be growing in soil for future, when and if you can you should invest in a good soil ph probe! many AFNers recommend the Control Wizard accurate 8 ph and moisture soil probe as well as my self I bought one and wish I had it my first grow ! all the best on solving your issues my friend :karmacloud: your way!

Hey bro.. thanks for all the info! :peace:

My tap water when its been stood for 24 hours is 7.4.. & the sterilized soil i used in my soil mix was apparently 6.2.. mixed with worm castings, verm & perlite.. i thought the happy medium in between those would keep it steady til i started added the nutes.. which would lower the water PH & keep it in the sweet spot! :D Worked for about 45 ish days! haha! I remember giving a few water feeds when the real flowering began because id heard of a mid flush.. which i thought would help.. & in facgt all its done it made me use 7.4 PH water for a few feeds which rocketed the PH in the pots up.. causing the lock out.. lesson definitely learned!

Ill definitely be adding that bit of info to my ever growing Ganja bible for future reference tho.. cheers bro! :smoking: haha

:peace:

Hey bro ! Haven't seen you update your journal in a little bit ....hope all is well with your girls , but most importantly with yourself ! Another grow I haven't seen updated in an even longer while was frostycarls bbk white widow grow .??..hope all is well with the two of you ! Haven't seen or heard of frosty in weeks ! Any who all the best bro hope everything is kosher ! One love ! Peace :jointman: lookin forward to see some Subo bud shots ! :peace:

Day 66.. i think! haha!

OK.. so.. ain't been updating for a few weeks.. mainly due to get ting some killer bud off a mate.. buying some straighteners & trying the Rosin way! :smoking: So i been high as fuck kinda on auto pilot mode floating along! :biggrin:

Anyways.. as for my girls! After the Phos def.. it kinda hit SU-BOs fans the hardest.. it lasted about 2 weeks noticing more marks on the fans appear even after i fixed the PH.. but then no more.. stayed the same.. fans didnt get better or greener as i expected & shes been pushing on since & fattening up.. & i admit.. shes a bit of a minger to look at! :haha: Such a stupid mistake i made which caused such damage to her fans.. a lesson learned & never to be repeated tho! :finger:
As for RONDA.. i kinda treated her like i did SU-BO.. but after the flush i topped her back up with some nutes & the damage was hardly noticeable.. so a clear mistake on my behalf!

Plant 1 - SU-BO... since my last update.. ive pretty much religiously kept it at 1.5 litre of water with 3ml Grow, 3ml Bloom, 3ml FishMix, 1.5ml Cal/Mag, 1ml AN Rhino SKin, 1.5ml AN Carboload, 1.5ml Bug Bud.. & the occassional Alg-a-mic when the temps have been a bit high that day.. & on today ive just added 1ml Overdrive to the mix!
I think if i jus t kept the nutes & feeds up & not worried about a flush.. she'd be alot more prettier & slightly fatter.. but as its my first grow.. im still pretty happy! If i get a zip of her i'll be a happy boy! The smell is absoluteyl unreal.. so fruity.. carbon filter been on since day 50 non stop! haha!
Anyways... picture time! :smoking:
Day 66 - Plant 1-1.jpg
Day 66 Plant 1-2.jpg

You can see above that shes still generally looking healthy.. jsut the top end close to the lights took the hit! :shrug:
Day 66 Plant 1-3.jpg
Day 66 Plant 1-4.jpg
Day 66 Plant 1-5.jpg

As you can see.. looking pretty gnarly up top.. i had read that the Phos Def would show up more were the intense light was on the fans.. which is exactly what happened.. then stopped.. bit of a bitch it happen so far into the grow.. but what can u do! Day 66.. & tomorrow i'll be adding some molasses to the mix & only feeding for one more week.. then a 9 or 10 day flush with just water & molasses.... then the chop.. hopefully! :smoking:

Plant 2 - RONDA ROUSEY... shes still chugging along.. id say still maybe a week behind he big sister.. shes still been getting a slightly bigger feed each time compared to SU-BO.. shes still showing signs of liking it & nowhere near as messed up as her.. so im keeping at it.. just holding off on the molasses for a week.. as she will be coming down a week later.. unless her signs tell me otherwise! :smoking: I did have one mistake with her.. one of the old LST wires must of came lose & pushed one of her colas face first into a light.. got fairly singed.. so im thinking i'll just chop that cola off.. dry it up & it'll be my early tester.. so silver lining over something i couldnt control anyway.. hopefully it'll taste & smell as good as the plant looks & smells! :drool:
Day 66 Plant 2-1.jpg
Day 66 Plant 2-2.jpg
Day 66 Plant 2-3.jpg

One love ! Peace :jointman: lookin forward to see some Subo bud shots ! :peace:

Hey Bro.. yeah man.. had some killer green land.. kinda wiped out the last 2-3 weeks! :smoking: haha! Everythings cool tho.. still super stealthy & no drama.. apart from the ladies! haha! Whats happening with your grows man? U got a new journal? What happened with BBK? :biggrin:

& yeah.. last time i was on a noticed frosty hadnt been on.. & still aint been on.. weird?! I rtemember him saying he couldnt have his fan on all the time due to noise.. & if youre worrying about fan noise.. must be a bit sketchy.. hopefully hes doing good & fattening up those trees he had! :crying:

Catch u in a bit bro! :peace:

Hey bro good to hear everything is well ! Nice update !glad to hear your keeping well , and medicated :baked:! I'm a big fan of extracts me selfs ! Both your girls are looking not bad at all brother ! Pretty good actually ! Great job for first grow :pass:I forsee some nice buds coming your way in the very near future my friend !!cheers ! :smoking: As for my first BBK she's doing alright considering..I'll probably get a 1/4 oz off her dry weight I say ...nice buds on her (very frosty) just small yield cause of my incident ! lol :haha: what can we do ... We live and learn ! As for my three week old BBK she's doing well ! Ill try to get some updated pics up tonight or tomorrow on the journal if not I'll update with some pics fo sho when I get back on the 26 this month , just before I'm gonna chop the first BBk and start a new journal for next grow ! ....got some Mephisto and dinafem beans coming this week also , that will be included in the next grow with the young bbk !! And ya ...about frosty , hope everything is alright with him , maybe he'll check in soon ! Looking forward to your next update ! And a happy harvest to you !!! Respect bro, see ya around the forum :peace::jointman:

Some awesome looking buds there ds.Nice job mate.

! Respect bro, see ya around the forum :peace::jointman:

Cheers bro's.. & thanks alot for the rep Red... much appreciated from a green fingered UK boss like yourself! :smoking:

Hopefully when i get my macro lens some of you guys can let me know if im nearing the end.. SU-BO pistols are looking serious amber all over.. obvs cant tell about the trichs.. yet.. im hoping to get chopped somewhere inbetween the prime high harvest & the couchlock past ripe stage.. but not actually becoming part of the couch! haha!

Cheers again for dropping in :peace:

Back