New Grower FIRST GROW - Afghan Kush Ryder and Northern Lights Automatic

Doctor, I think something's up with my Afghan Kush Ryder ;)

riFX4HY.jpg

I reckon you have officially made it through the most difficult bit (tiny plants being really easy to damage). The next couple of weeks should see her put on some good growth to develop flowers on later. Looking fantastic for a first grow, certainly makes quite a few of mine look rather shabby.

Pink Cigars for Everybody!

Congrats on the girl :)

Everyone loves some good ol' home-made brew. Even the girls do. Well, hopefully anyways.

We had to come up with a solution to boost the CO[SUB]2 [/SUB]intake of the plants so we figured we'd go with a simple spirit that my friend made. It should provide some additional growth but we're not too sure if the alcohol fumes will be a problem when it's 'ready'.

d4XvuRR.jpg

Also, we strongly believe the Northern Lights has grown pistils but it's too early to say since they were barely noticeable. Will check the situation on Sunday and report here accordingly.

What do you think of our carbon dioxide doohickey? Will it do any good outdoors? Is the tube too low?

Have a nice one folks!

Last edited:
6 WEEKS IN

I think it's safe to say that the Northern Lights Automatic has now officially shown her sex!

42Kk0E8.jpg

Both the plants are looking absolutely gorgeous! The texture of the leaves resembles a really nice waxy substance of some kind. Crickets have been devouring away at the first true leaves on both of the plants but strangely all the other leaves have remained practically intact. Time for some week 6 photography starting with the Afghan Kush Ryder!

Jf7tV4t.jpg

And here's her elder sister:

aDpLqPX.jpg

This is with out a doubt the mot friendly site ever no bashing at all I love this site.

This is with out a doubt the mot friendly site ever no bashing at all I love this site.

I hear ya :-D Don't think I've come across a knobhead yet and I've been here about 3 months now. I've not become a member of any other grow sites but when searching them f info there seemed t be a ridiculous amount o twats! AFN fo life fo sho :)

I hear ya :-D Don't think I've come across a knobhead yet and I've been here about 3 months now. I've not become a member of any other grow sites but when searching them f info there seemed t be a ridiculous amount o twats! AFN fo life fo sho :)

YEP! :Sharing One:

7 WEEKS IN

Yet another week has passed but this time the girls seem to have grown very little if at all. I can't blame them, the weather's been shit. Days have been no warmer than nights and I think we even had light frosts here and there. It has also been raining almost non-stop. That's part of the reason the girls look quite unhappy.

98A7NCX.jpg

Both of the plants have some rust spots here and there. I've read somewhere that it could mean pH problems, but the last time I checked the pH of rainwater here was about 6.5-6.7. Therefore it could also mean that there was a nute lockout of some level which the rainwater then fixed causing burn marks. Anyone experienced care to express their opinion?

TAGck8f.jpg

The Afghan Kush Ryder looks really pale with an almost yellowish tint. Could it be a nitrogen deficiency despite the rust spots?

YbQrG93.jpg

Any thoughts?

Back