New Grower First Grow - 2x4x7 Tent, Amare SP400

BrewersBuds

The Green Bastard!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Peanut Butter Breathe, Blueberry, Berry White, Sour Crack, Crunch Berries
Hey Everybody!

Starting my first grow and want to keep a log of it here. I have been reading tons of info from multiple forums and books for the last 6 months while saving up for all my gear. I have to say I got a lot out of other members grows here on AFN and also learned about Amare's products, so this is where I would like to post.

I live in a state where its legal to grow a set amount of plants for medical and recreational use, So it begins, I have always wanted to grow cannabis but never thought the risk was worth it due to my former states laws. I have a background in brewing so I feel like this is a fun challenge to dabble in.

My setup includes:

2x4x7 HighRise Grow Tent

Seems like a decent tent for the price. I plan on getting a 4x4 Gorilla once I can afford it for a flowering tent and use the 2x4 for vegging/mothers. The walls could be fitted on tighter as my 6'' exhaust fan sucks the tent walls right in. I fixed it for now by using some clips and folding back some of the slack and clipping it tight. I have ordered a tent brace called Extendo Grow. See how well that works.

Amare SolarPRO SP400

Went with the SP400 for the modular ability to add another light at a later time. I want to add another to a 4x4 at some point and get a smaller one for a veg tent. The Cree CXB3590 are damn bright, can't wait to see what this does in my small tent. I had posted in another thread that my panel seemed to be pulling 500w actual out of the wall but unplugged the meter and light and tried again and it pulled 410w.

Can-Fan 6" Max-Pro Series 420CFM

Can Fan Can-Lite Carbon Filter 6"x24" 600CFM

This fan is super quiet and that’s why I spent the money on it. I don’t want to be hearing loud fan noises at night time. Attached to the Can-Lite filter and with ducting on the intake side of the fan and it’s quiet. I added a Variac Variable Transformer for fan speed control so I can even bring it down further. Not sure how hot these LEDS are going to run but this grow is in a basement so I wanted to make sure I could slow the fan enough in case it got too cold.

3 Gallon Smart Pot (Fabric Pot) with BushDoctor CocoLoco with Perlite Mix

I hope I have enough room in this tent for 5 of these Autos. I figured smaller pots would help but oh well here goes nothing. Not sure how much I should be watering with these pots or with the coco loco either. I feel like I should let it dry for a few days before attempting to water. Some people say they run it like hydro which I feel will drown the plant but I have no growing experience so going to treat it like soil and let dry between watering/feedings.

AN BMG Nutrients + CalMag

Going to cut strengths in half for the first few weeks then up as the plants tell me. It’s the pH perfect type, don’t have a pH pen anymore due to my probe drying out from my homebrew meter. Might just wing it for now unless I can find a cheap one soon.

Starting this grow with MSNL Autoflower Fem Seeds. My order experience was great through them and got the seeds in 9 days.

I Got 5 Auto Bluetooth, 5 Auto GDP, 10 Fem Trainwreck Photo, 3 Auto Big Bud, 2 Fem Carmelicious, and 5 Aurora Indica Reg.

Two Auto Bluetooth and Three Auto Grand Daddy Purps is what I am running this first grow. I soaked the seeds in carbon filtered water until they dropped to the bottom of the glass. Then planted them 1/4 inch under the coco loco and watered lightly.

Here's Day One!
Tent2.jpg

Attachments

• Tent1.jpg
    Tent1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Thanks!

@EvilScotsman
Currently waiting for the seeds to pop up. When I planted the seeds, I turned both the cobs and monochromes on to heat up the tent a bit. It got to 79 with my fan on the lowest possible setting. I turned the cobs off a few hours ago to make sure when the seed pushes up it doesn't fry it.
Sitting at 69 degrees and 54 RH with the cobs off. Hope this is not too cold for them. I might invest in one of those portable heaters for the winter grows to be safe.

hey buddy subbing up : ) looks like a crackin set up youve got there. i had a coco grow once years ago but it was a total fluke. didnt even know what ph was at the time lol. i know some people in here have a lot of success with the ph perfect nutes but ive never looked into them tbh. half strength is a lot though id start with a quarter. its always easier to fix a deficit than an overdose. i got my ph meter from amazon for about 10 quid and its still reading pretty much perfectly accurate after 4 months. have you got an ec/ppm meter?

hey buddy subbing up : ) looks like a crackin set up youve got there. i had a coco grow once years ago but it was a total fluke. didnt even know what ph was at the time lol. i know some people in here have a lot of success with the ph perfect nutes but ive never looked into them tbh. half strength is a lot though id start with a quarter. its always easier to fix a deficit than an overdose. i got my ph meter from amazon for about 10 quid and its still reading pretty much perfectly accurate after 4 months. have you got an ec/ppm meter?

I am going to purchase both a TDS meter and new pH meter from Amazon, not worth risking the grow for a couple of cheap meters. Your right, I'll start with 1/4 strength and bump it up from there.

Agree with EvilScotsman, start very light on the nutes. Coco has nothing in it at all of nutrient value so it's a blank canvas. Water lightly to begin with, if you soak a seedling the roots might die off through drowning.

I don't use Amare lights myself, but the one thing I found with using COBs over HPS is the way my girls power through the calcium and magnesium. I have Canna mono nutes so I don't add extra nitrogen.

I reckon you'll be just fine! :thumbsup:

Man that's some amazing strain selections variety is the spice of life ..
I've grown in coco before just straight coco no perlite and I was watering it once a day . I've heard people growing it like water 5 times a day .. just try what works best for you and for the plants

All Three GDP and 1 of the Bluetooth popped up so far.

Have the light hanging at 30" with just the monochromes on. Temps are consistently at 68°F and RH around 50-60%. Have just been checking the dampness of the coco and making sure it stays moist. I hear overwatering is the biggest mistake beginners make.

Have the lights on 24/0 right now to keep the temps up. I plan on going to 20/4 when they get a bit bigger and I have the cobs on.

Back