New Grower First Grow - 2x4x7 Tent, Amare SP400

Hey it's coco loco he is using its an amended coir it actually contains a lot of other stuff, never used it but should see it ,through to day 10 perhaps post a question in live stoners see if anyone has a good handle on that soil

nah buddy coco is a neutral medium. youve got to feed it from day one. just been reading up on it as been considering doing a wee bonzai experiment with it. i use hydro so the nutes are compatible. its actually quite fascinating stuff regarding how it behaves as a growing medium. i may get shot for this but i swear im not a member anymore lol. just got it off google. https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/about-coco-coir.1104950/
good wee thread about coco coir there. well worth a read
For most coco you'd be correct, but coco loco comes with guano, kelp and some other nutrients in the mix. Cheers. :thumbsup:
image.jpg

For most coco you'd be correct, but coco loco comes with guano, kelp and some other nutrients in the mix. Cheers. :thumbsup: View attachment 768028
i stand corrected mate. sorry man.
i thought "coco loco" was just a euphamism for something. i hadnt heard of this product before. this techno age stuff is hard to keep up with lol :pass:

Hey Everybody!

Starting my first grow and want to keep a log of it here. I have been reading tons of info from multiple forums and books for the last 6 months while saving up for all my gear. I have to say I got a lot out of other members grows here on AFN and also learned about Amare's products, so this is where I would like to post.

I live in a state where its legal to grow a set amount of plants for medical and recreational use, So it begins, I have always wanted to grow cannabis but never thought the risk was worth it due to my former states laws. I have a background in brewing so I feel like this is a fun challenge to dabble in.

My setup includes:

2x4x7 HighRise Grow Tent

Seems like a decent tent for the price. I plan on getting a 4x4 Gorilla once I can afford it for a flowering tent and use the 2x4 for vegging/mothers. The walls could be fitted on tighter as my 6'' exhaust fan sucks the tent walls right in. I fixed it for now by using some clips and folding back some of the slack and clipping it tight. I have ordered a tent brace called Extendo Grow. See how well that works.

Amare SolarPRO SP400

Went with the SP400 for the modular ability to add another light at a later time. I want to add another to a 4x4 at some point and get a smaller one for a veg tent. The Cree CXB3590 are damn bright, can't wait to see what this does in my small tent. I had posted in another thread that my panel seemed to be pulling 500w actual out of the wall but unplugged the meter and light and tried again and it pulled 410w.

Can-Fan 6" Max-Pro Series 420CFM

Can Fan Can-Lite Carbon Filter 6"x24" 600CFM

This fan is super quiet and that’s why I spent the money on it. I don’t want to be hearing loud fan noises at night time. Attached to the Can-Lite filter and with ducting on the intake side of the fan and it’s quiet. I added a Variac Variable Transformer for fan speed control so I can even bring it down further. Not sure how hot these LEDS are going to run but this grow is in a basement so I wanted to make sure I could slow the fan enough in case it got too cold.

3 Gallon Smart Pot (Fabric Pot) with BushDoctor CocoLoco with Perlite Mix

I hope I have enough room in this tent for 5 of these Autos. I figured smaller pots would help but oh well here goes nothing. Not sure how much I should be watering with these pots or with the coco loco either. I feel like I should let it dry for a few days before attempting to water. Some people say they run it like hydro which I feel will drown the plant but I have no growing experience so going to treat it like soil and let dry between watering/feedings.

AN BMG Nutrients + CalMag

Going to cut strengths in half for the first few weeks then up as the plants tell me. It’s the pH perfect type, don’t have a pH pen anymore due to my probe drying out from my homebrew meter. Might just wing it for now unless I can find a cheap one soon.

Starting this grow with MSNL Autoflower Fem Seeds. My order experience was great through them and got the seeds in 9 days. Lovely boxers also haha.

I Got 5 Auto Bluetooth, 5 Auto GDP, 10 Fem Trainwreck Photo, 3 Auto Big Bud, 2 Fem Carmelicious, and 5 Aurora Indica Reg.

Two Auto Bluetooth and Three Auto Grand Daddy Purps is what I am running this first grow. I soaked the seeds in carbon filtered water until they dropped to the bottom of the glass. Then planted them 1/4 inch under the coco loco and watered lightly.

Here's Day One!
View attachment 763363
An Amare, nice! Great choice of light and good luck! Happy Growing :vibe:

Update!
Day 12 now and their growing up!

20170622_175121.jpg

20170622_175125.jpg
20170622_175129.jpg
20170622_175131.jpg
20170622_175145.jpg
20170622_175147.jpg
20170622_175203.jpg

The GDP's are going well and are around 4''. The Bluetooth's are lacking behind some but must just be the strain. Once the GDPs hit around 6" I will turn on the COB's and make sure the light is up to 24" from the tops of the plants.

Attachments

• 20170622_175140.jpg
    20170622_175140.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 53
  • 20170622_175157.jpg
    20170622_175157.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 59
I turned on the COB’s and kept the lights at 24” from the tops. They started to look droopy so I thought it might be there is too much light for them so I raised up the light to 30” to see if it helps.

If it’s not the lights, then it must be overwatering. I didn’t think I put too much in as there was barely any runoff. I made sure to water around the sides of the pot but it still makes its way towards the stem it seems.

20170626_140923.jpg
20170626_140926.jpg
20170626_140929.jpg
20170626_140933.jpg

I am going to start feeding at 1/8th strength next watering.

Hey Brewer good luck with your first grow I used coco loco for my first time I think I started feeding them on day 10, one of them got N tox so I'd say day 14 would be minimum to start the feed. I can send you a link to my journal if you want. How wet is your soil at the moment? If is it wet down to about your first knuckle?

Your girls look a little hungry for nutes they're a little light on the green. I think you'd be safe at 1/4 or even 1/2 strength next feed

Hey Brewer good luck with your first grow I used coco loco for my first time I think I started feeding them on day 10, one of them got N tox so I'd say day 14 would be minimum to start the feed. I can send you a link to my journal if you want. How wet is your soil at the moment? If is it wet down to about your first knuckle?

Your girls look a little hungry for nutes they're a little light on the green. I think you'd be safe at 1/4 or even 1/2 strength next feed

Hey Jelly,

I am on day 18 now. Just gave them a 1/4th feeding and made sure to not give too much to them. I think your right they are hungry and not over watered. I just use weight and the finger in the soil to your knuckle to tell when to water and it was dry. Going to be watering/feeding more often, going to give a lot less at a time so they can drink all up and not sit in it.

Once I turned my COB’s on the temps are now consistently around 80-84F, which in turn is making them drink more and grow faster.

I would like a link to your journal, thanks!
20170629_120010.jpg
20170629_120025.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a link to my journal I tried to be somewhat informative on my feeding schedule and I did a lot of experiments from the beginning to the end so I hope it helps you out! My stress killer plant was the one with the N tox I think I mentioned it there. Coco loco is a pretty good soil I would have bought it again but the only place that sells it near me keeps it outdoors I had a slight bug problem because of it.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/first-grow-closet-autocob-cfl.58604/

Luckily mine didn't get too big in my 2x4x6 in 5 gallon pots but I think you're gonna have a jungle in there soon enough! Good luck with your grow I'll follow along for the ride. :greenthumb:

Last edited:
Back