Indoor First Grow - JeanO's Genetics // Root Beer Float

Thanks man! Yeah, some really knowledgeable growers on here. I try and absorb as much as I can. Definitely spent some time reading before even attempting a grow, and I kind of copied someone else. Figured it was a good guide. Ctrl-c, ctrl-v = plant!

I pushed the feed strength up from 400 ppm to 630 yesterday. Ran 1.5L through last night and just gave 1L today. Plenty of runoff which I tested and it was around 360 ppm. Definitely some rust spots on the newer but not newest leaves. Hopefully the new batch is what it wants.

Current confusion and thoughts:

If the runoff ppm is below what I'm feeding, does that mean the plant is using what I'm giving it? And should I increase the strength until I see the runoff testing close to feed strength?
I defer to others on this. I am used to DWC where I am monitoring a tank of solution - the same tank the roots are in. For me that is a more accurate way to track what the plant is needing/doing. I don't know how well it translates to what you are doing, so I will just get stoned and watch your plants grow vicariously. :pass:

Just took some fresh pics. It's day 28/29 starting week 5. I put some wires on the side branches but the top just shot out a bunch. I think I might snip a couple of the big fan leaves as they are hitting all the other branches and I've found a few wet spots from the leaves touching.

In the second pic you can see white hairs starting which I think is pre flower?

Whole plant

d29-1.JPG

Is this pre flower starting? The white hairs are pistils coming in?

d29-2.JPG

d29-3.JPG

Looking good! And yeah sounds about right timing for pre-flower to start. If it hasn't started to stretch already it should start soon.

Back