Indoor First grow 23w cfl's, Ak47 and White widow

Hi Comet,
great to get some positive feedback on your banana peel spray.
plants are looking good.
there's an Amsterdam based ex-pat American dude called Soma who is big into producing his own strains and has a few major awards under his belt (prices are high though);
anyway, here's the thing...the stage at which your plants are at, ie. with loads of fresh thick white hairs, is the stage he likes to roll a J and then gently twist the J while holding against the white hairs, in order to transfer the resin to the J skin, for an extra special smoke. at this stage of growth, the resin will be quickly replaced so it wont affect the harvest potency.
I think one of his vids on YouTube demonstrates it, but its not rocket science. just thought I would mention it, in case you want to give it a go.
party on dude.
Hi, thanks for the tip, however not only do I not smoke joints, but it would take me forever to roll one. Ive been smoking from a bong only for over over 15 years. Honestly, in all my years of smoking, ive been buying mostly from the same person and they have many varieties to choose from, I have never 'tasted' a difference or felt a 'different' high in my life! All that I can tell is if weed is weak as the buzz wears off within half an hour, but taste wise and all this talk I read about a head high and body high and whatnot, I have never witnessed a different high..im high, im high. Its like drinking a bottle of whiskey or scotch..same thing, you get drunk the same way. I know some smell different for sure, but in terms of highs and tastes while you smoke..it all 'tastes' the same, terrible lol. I rarely actually breathe through my nose while in the process of smoking a bong, I got to the point where I don't want to taste it..it always tastes like smoke lol. My highs are always the same..only if weed is weaker, then yes it wears off faster.

Your girls are looking a bit hungry for Nitrogen. Double check your pH, if it's good then I would bump up your feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, thanks for the tip, however not only do I not smoke joints, but it would take me forever to roll one. Ive been smoking from a bong only for over over 15 years. Honestly, in all my years of smoking, ive been buying mostly from the same person and they have many varieties to choose from, I have never 'tasted' a difference or felt a 'different' high in my life! All that I can tell is if weed is weak as the buzz wears off within half an hour, but taste wise and all this talk I read about a head high and body high and whatnot, I have never witnessed a different high..im high, im high. Its like drinking a bottle of whiskey or scotch..same thing, you get drunk the same way. I know some smell different for sure, but in terms of highs and tastes while you smoke..it all 'tastes' the same, terrible lol. I rarely actually breathe through my nose while in the process of smoking a bong, I got to the point where I don't want to taste it..it always tastes like smoke lol. My highs are always the same..only if weed is weaker, then yes it wears off faster.
I gave up tobaco, so I smoke from a pipe, but I love the taste. I feel the same as you - I've never experienced different kind of "highs" but I hope that might change as I grow different strains. I wonder if a vaporiser might taste better than a bong. My pipe tastes crap if I don't clean it regularly. Anyway, your plants are coming along, despite their cold bath:lol:

ok, some interesting opinions on highs, quality of, or lack thereof. firstly I will also admit to very rarely smoking a J these days; I like the thought of it, but I am not as robust as I used to be and frankly smoking feels damaging, so I mainly stick to my "magi-cakes" (edibles). smoking is an occasional treat now, be it my pinch-hitter pipe, a J, or simply holding a little ball of my hash over a flame on the end of a pin. vaping is definitely a better flavour sensation; you get the vaporised essential oil before it combusts and if the temp is just right, the flavour cant be beat. a well cured, smooth smoking bit of weed is a different type of flavour. personally I gave up on vaping; the effect was always too light and took twice the amount of weed to get me there. I used to bong on for my daily hit, and a good ceramic or glass bong is hard to beat,
IF you've got good stuff. as for different highs, well I sympathise but maybe its the stuff you've been getting. I definitely know the difference between a heavy-hitting Indican high, and a speedy, energetic euphoric sativa dominant hybrid. don't know that I ever had a 100% pure sativa, but more than likely did. I grew sensi Durban a few times, but it is not the 100% pure Durban poison sativa; they crossed it with a fine Indica and then headed back to the DP genetics until it was 90% sativa. (if I am not mistaken).
plus, lets not forget to take built-up tolerance into consideration; being a long term (very, at this stage) fan of this wonderful herb, I know that if I give it a rest for a few days at least; its always twice as strong when I go back. this built up tolerance can also dull the subtleties you might otherwise appreciate. the only times in the last 10 years or so that I have stayed off it for any length of time, was down to having some kind of an unusual mega-hit for no apparent reason; often so strong it was way beyond enjoyable; in fact it was so bad one time I really felt like I was teetering on the edge of insanity and I knew I might not come back; HEAVY, and not in a good way.
ok I have rambled on again.
party on dudes.:frog:
now theres a frog that just smoked some..... haze maybe?

Last edited:
I gave up tobaco, so I smoke from a pipe, but I love the taste. I feel the same as you - I've never experienced different kind of "highs" but I hope that might change as I grow different strains. I wonder if a vaporiser might taste better than a bong. My pipe tastes crap if I don't clean it regularly. Anyway, your plants are coming along, despite their cold bath:lol:
I've tried at least a dozen strains from my dealer over the past decade plus..before that I had two other guys..in the end, its all the same to me:) Yes you do have a point about the bong..the one im using now is almost 8 years old..only clean it when the pipe is stuck full of resin and it wont bubble. Im not sure a vaporiser would be better..the water..especially when cold. is a clean smoke..i smoke daily for half my life..and I have absolutely no issues with running, breathing, coughing, phlem..none of that! My friends, 2 who only smoke weed, no cigarettes ( i dont smoke tobacco), but joints all day, they're coughing up black shit constantly! I never get that..but I also never smoke joints. Water filtration is very clean! All that crap that gets stuck in the bong and above the water, is the same thing in most people's lungs, as when u smoke a joint, you're left with the little 'filter' at the end...all the junk goes in your lungs and sticks to it as oppose to sticking to the inside of the bong:)Also..only the AK got to go for a swim lol..the widow just arrived in the bathroom as I noticed the AK trying to swim away lol.

Last edited:
Your girls are looking a bit hungry for Nitrogen. Double check your pH, if it's good then I would bump up your feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're already in flower..cant give it a nitrogen dose. only the lower fan leaves are yellow/yellowing..the rest of the plant, including all flowers and their stems, are as green as can be. Again, according to the breeder..one is done by the end of next week (7 weeks), so I guess as far as the plant is concerned, its close to the end of its life, so yellowing is expected.

ok, some interesting opinions on highs, quality of, or lack thereof. firstly I will also admit to very rarely smoking a J these days; I like the thought of it, but I am not as robust as I used to be and frankly smoking feels damaging, so I mainly stick to my "magi-cakes" (edibles). smoking is an occasional treat now, be it my pinch-hitter pipe, a J, or simply holding a little ball of my hash over a flame on the end of a pin. vaping is definitely a better flavour sensation; you get the vaporised essential oil before it combusts and if the temp is just right, the flavour cant be beat. a well cured, smooth smoking bit of weed is a different type of flavour. personally I gave up on vaping; the effect was always too light and took twice the amount of weed to get me there. I used to bong on for my daily hit, and a good ceramic or glass bong is hard to beat,
IF you've got good stuff. as for different highs, well I sympathise but maybe its the stuff you've been getting. I definitely know the difference between a heavy-hitting Indican high, and a speedy, energetic euphoric sativa dominant hybrid. don't know that I ever had a 100% pure sativa, but more likely did. I grew sensi Durban a few times, but it is not the 100% pure Durban poison sativa; they crossed it with a fine Indica and then headed back to the DP genetics until it was 90% sativa. (if I am not mistaken).
plus, lets not forget to take built-up tolerance into consideration; being a long term (very, at this stage) fan of this wonderful herb, I know that if I give it a rest for a few days at least; its always twice as strong when I go back. this built up tolerance can also dull the subtleties you might otherwise appreciate. the only times in the last 10 years or so that I have stayed off it for any length of time, was down to having some kind of an unusual mega-hit for no apparent reason; often so strong it was way beyond enjoyable; in fact it was so bad one time I really felt like I was teetering on the edge of insanity and I knew I might not come back; HEAVY, and not in a good way.
ok I have rambled on again.
party on dudes.:frog:
now theres a frog that just smoked some..... haze maybe?
I honestly cant tell the difference in highs at all. The quality is always great, sometimes I actually ask for weaker shit as I don't want to fall asleep when I smoke lol. The only factor I use to decide what to buy, is the texture of the weed. I don't want anything too damp or fluffy..it doesn't burn well in the bong, and I don't want to relight it once I start to smoke..so drier, buddier buds are all I want. Thc is always strong! I actually never stop smoking..i know with a break it hits u harder next time..but aside from a day or two when I was at my gf's years ago, I smoke everyday after work and through the weekend. I got to a point where I still get just as high from smoking..i actually don't need more than my 2 bongs a day (3 on weekend)..each bong fits roughy half a gram and im high for hours lol.

Day 39. Removed most all the ties from lst today..kept one or two on. Also cut off the totally yellow leaves on the bottoms..left the bigger fan leaves even though its mostly yellow. Will give last veg feed with next watering and likely will give first feed of bloom at the same time..not sure what im using yet. Watering may not be the same day..we'll see..since the AK went for a swim the other day..the container is a bit heavier than the widow's. I wonder how big these flowers will get.

Attachments

• Day 39 Wed.jpg
    Day 39 Wed.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Day 39 Wed AK (Removed ties).jpg
    Day 39 Wed AK (Removed ties).jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Day 39 Wed WW (Removed ties).jpg
    Day 39 Wed WW (Removed ties).jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 97
I've tried at least a dozen strains from my dealer over the past decade plus..before that I had two other guys..in the end, its all the same to me:) Yes you do have a point about the bong..the one im using now is almost 8 years old..only clean it when the pipe is stuck full of resin and it wont bubble. Im not sure a vaporiser would be better..the water..especially when cold. is a clean smoke..i smoke daily for half my life..and I have absolutely no issues with running, breathing, coughing, phlem..none of that! My friends, 2 who only smoke weed, no cigarettes ( i dont smoke tobacco), but joints all day, they're coughing up black shit constantly! I never get that..but I also never smoke joints. Water filtration is very clean! All that crap that gets stuck in the bong and above the water, is the same thing in most people's lungs, as when u smoke a joint, you're left with the little 'filter' at the end...all the junk goes in your lungs and sticks to it as oppose to sticking to the inside of the bong:)Also..only the AK got to go for a swim lol..the widow just arrived in the bathroom as I noticed the AK trying to swim away lol.
I've smoked for years but have never tried a bong. I no longer smoke tobaco, but still cough up in the morning and put that down to using a very small pipe. I imagine the bong/water is better for filtration. Does it matter if it is small? When I think of a bong, I imagine one of those big mothers

I've smoked for years but have never tried a bong. I no longer smoke tobaco, but still cough up in the morning and put that down to using a very small pipe. I imagine the bong/water is better for filtration. Does it matter if it is small? When I think of a bong, I imagine one of those big mothers
I tried a pipe once or twice when I first started out smoking, prior to bongs..and yes..i remember it was harsh..much better than a joint in terms of highs..but quite harsh! once I started the bong..it was great!:) The one I have looks just like the attached pic, except when I bought it, I also got a bigger bowl for it lol. Some people put ice in the water to keep it extra cold which makes the smoke smoother. Some people put alcohol in it..which makes absolutely no sense, but they think they get drunk with it lol. I smoked 2 joints at a friend's place this year as they cant smoke the bong..and honestly its just a tease for me...such little smoke during tokes with a joint..i need 3 of them to feel the high off 1 bong! Once you go bong, you don't go back lol:)

Attachments

• main_black_leaf_acrylic_bong_akk30.jpg
    main_black_leaf_acrylic_bong_akk30.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 69
Back