Indoor First grow 23w cfl's, Ak47 and White widow

Day 33..pots feel quite light today..so will be watering tomorrow, will skip feed for this time. Will also spray with banana peel/egg shell solution. Added about an inch of worm castings compost as top soil today. Was checking to see how damp the soil was and I realized little fine hairs (roots) are visible on the top of the soil of the AK. When I initially filled the containers (4Gal), there was an inch of space from the top of container...but after each watering it went lower. Its why you see in the pics that there is about a 5 inch space from the top now. Added enough today to reach the bottom fan leaf on both. I didn't mix this with perlite, but since its only an inch on top, it shouldn't matter..I just wanted to cover any roots that may be exposed.

Attachments

• Day 33 Thu.jpg
    Day 33 Thu.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 77
  • Day 33 AK Thu.jpg
    Day 33 AK Thu.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 87
  • Day 33 Thu.jpg
    Day 33 Thu.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 74
Day 34. Held off on watering one more day as plants look fine, and no more drooping before lights out the past 2-3 nights. Going to be swapping some of the 6500's out tomorrow for 2700k bulbs.

Attachments

• Day 34 Fri.jpg
    Day 34 Fri.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Day 34 AK.jpg
    Day 34 AK.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Day 34 WW.jpg
    Day 34 WW.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 67
Day 34. Held off on watering one more day as plants look fine, and no more drooping before lights out the past 2-3 nights. Going to be swapping some of the 6500's out tomorrow for 2700k bulbs.
:slap:

Day 35, watered plants with 2L each until about 10% runoff. Widow seems to be drinking slightly more. Exchanged 4 of the 6500K's for 2700k. Im guessing next weekend I will swap out 2 more 6500's and add 2 more 2700's..so in total i'll have 8 2700K's and 2 6500K's with the possibility to add 4 more 2700k's if needed. While the AK looks to have more tops..and has been growing slightly ahead of the widow from sprout, it seems the widows flowers will be bigger just as the leaves and stem are bigger than the AK. Will give first flowering feed next watering..if what I use, (haven't got it yet), is very low on nitrogen..i'll add a quarter strength veg nute as my last veg feed to go along with first bloom feed.

Attachments

• Day 35 Sat.jpg
    Day 35 Sat.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Day 35 AK (Watered 2L with 10% runoff)  Switched 4 bulbs.jpg
    Day 35 AK (Watered 2L with 10% runoff) Switched 4 bulbs.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 88
  • Day 35 WW (Watered 2L with 10% runoff) Switched 4 bulbs.jpg
    Day 35 WW (Watered 2L with 10% runoff) Switched 4 bulbs.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 57
End of week 5. Temps are high today and tomorrow, above 90's, then back to 70's for the week, I misted them midday today with the banana peel/egg shell/Epsom salt solution. Not sure if the egg shells actually did anything to the solution as I was supposed to use vinegar prior to putting them in water to dissolve them. Either way, the main thing was the banana peel. It powdered quite well in the blender. Sprayed the soil as well, lightly. Not sure if it's the heat or the spray, but the little black flies..maybe a handful at most are gone lol. Plants are really perky in this heat, im surprised, wonder if the misting helped a bit.

Attachments

• End of Week 5 Sun.jpg
    End of Week 5 Sun.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Day 36 AK       (End of Week 5).jpg
    Day 36 AK (End of Week 5).jpg
    161 KB · Views: 67
  • Day 36 WW   (End of week 5).jpg
    Day 36 WW (End of week 5).jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Day 36. AK.jpg
    Day 36. AK.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Day 36 AK    (Main Cola).jpg
    Day 36 AK (Main Cola).jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Day 36. WW.jpg
    Day 36. WW.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Day 36 WW  (Main Cola).jpg
    Day 36 WW (Main Cola).jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 65
@comet79 It's amazin how those buds are growing by the day. How do you prepare the banana? I read somewhere about boiling the peal in water. Do you use any kind of comercial nutes or are you doing your own?

I just let the peels dry out and then put them in the blender..came out in a powder and mixed with water. I used a commercial nute twice in veg...barely gave it anything. I'll get something for flowering and between feeds will add molasses to the water.

Into week 6, had a minor mishap yesterday. Temps were in the mid 90's so I wanted to cool the plants a bit as it was quite hot indoors! So I started filling the bathtub with cold water, I put one plant in (in a shopping bag so the cold water doesn't get in the container), and as the tub was filling up, went to get the other plant to do the same to it..i get back to the bathroom 10 seconds later and it seems the containers have quite a bit of air in them as the water was only 3-4 inches up on the container and it was floating sideways in te water lol. I just watered on sunday, you'd think it'd be heavier. Either way, no damage, just lost about a cup or 2 of soil that I replaced and dusted off a few leaves after they dried. Stem stayed in place, nothing broke.
I noticed some of the leaves have some resin starting to appear on them. I don't think the plant is growing anymore, also no odour at all. lower fan leaves are yellow on both plants. I don't think these auto's will produce much. On a positive note..since spraying with banana peel solution..not one of those little black flies returned! I thought its the heat..but temps are normal today and the handful that were around for awhile are gone since spray:)

Attachments

• Day 38 Tue.jpg
    Day 38 Tue.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hi Comet,
great to get some positive feedback on your banana peel spray.
plants are looking good.
there's an Amsterdam based ex-pat American dude called Soma who is big into producing his own strains and has a few major awards under his belt (prices are high though);
anyway, here's the thing...the stage at which your plants are at, ie. with loads of fresh thick white hairs, is the stage he likes to roll a J and then gently twist the J while holding against the white hairs, in order to transfer the resin to the J skin, for an extra special smoke. at this stage of growth, the resin will be quickly replaced so it wont affect the harvest potency.
I think one of his vids on YouTube demonstrates it, but its not rocket science. just thought I would mention it, in case you want to give it a go.
party on dude.

Back