Indoor First grow 23w cfl's, Ak47 and White widow

Yes this Ak may not be that strong..around 14% according to rqs. The WW is stronger. Oddly mine don't have an odour either...I think it may be too hot or not humid enough, the leaves, according to inexperienced me lol, seem kind of dry or papery a bit. Doesn't have that gloss or 'vitality' that I see in plants..though leaves are all green (only) and relatively rigid, but no smell. I know I have a slight ph problem with my soil..its too high. The white widow was growing slightly slower from the start compared to the AK, but the leaves are much bigger on them and a bit darker. I like how the ak is growing..nice spacing to get light in, easy to lst and I can see it producing higher yield..white widow I don't know..so bushy and like I read, a finicky plant! lol Hopefully I can lst it better as the branches grow out.

This is the first time all week im still up after lights out and 10 minutes after I turned them off..i can finally smell a strong 'plant' smell lol..not necessarily weed smelling, but a vegetative smell..its so noticeable so soon after lights out..I guess because the stomata opens?

Re-did the lst'ing in a more effective way today. Also flipped the fan around so instead of blowing air at the plants, I repositioned the fan in front of the lights to suck the heat off and away from them. I noticed minor purpling on top of a couple stems..possibly the cold or needing phosphorous soon im guessing. Not on new growth..in the middle and seems to be from same nodes only. Just the top of the stem with slight purple spots. Main stem is fully green on both. Was wondering if anyone has input, how long should I leave the main cola tied to the side like this? Until the others catch up, then I release it?

Attachments

• Day 28 Sat LST.jpg
    Day 28 Sat LST.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Day 28 AK heavier LST started.jpg
    Day 28 AK heavier LST started.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 141
  • day 28 WW heavier LST started.jpg
    day 28 WW heavier LST started.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 161
So im not going to be using vinegar to lower the ph of water from now. Its likely not great for the microbes in the soil. I know my tap water is high..and the rain water I collected last weekend was ph 7, now its up to 8. Out of the tap its above 8. So I took the water from the tap, used a straw and blew bubbles into the water for a minute or two and I got the ph im looking for:)
Left is from the tap, right is after blowing bubbles into it.

Attachments

• Photo0165.jpg
    Photo0165.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 83
End of week 4. Watered and gave 2nd feeding to both as color is starting to be off a bit. Ph in was 7 and out was 6.6. White widow doesn't look great, hope it produces a bit:)

Attachments

• End of week 4 (Watered and fed).jpg
    End of week 4 (Watered and fed).jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Day 29 AK (Watered and fed).jpg
    Day 29 AK (Watered and fed).jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 140
  • day 29 WW (Watered and fed).jpg
    day 29 WW (Watered and fed).jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 131
End of week 4. Watered and gave 2nd feeding to both as color is starting to be off a bit. Ph in was 7 and out was 6.6. White widow doesn't look great, hope it produces a bit:)
How much/ often are you watering?

This was the 4th watering since sprout today. Was once a week but pots felt lighter yesterday, so watered today (last water was Tuesday). I water till slight runoff, today was a bit less than prior...1.5L each. Last water was 2L I believe.

Plants looked better today. Moved some of the ties around and pulled the AK main cola down some more. Also considering to maybe only give 16 hours of light rather than 18. I read countless articles about plants drooping prior to lights out...in my case it seems severe and its 3-4 hours before lights out. The countless articles I read say its normal..but I also read quite a few people saying, for autos, they went from 18/6 to 16/8, and no more drooping prior to lights out. I feel its pointless to have the lights on when for the last 3+ hours, the leaves are completely down! We'll see.

Attachments

• Start week 5 Day 30 Mon.jpg
    Start week 5 Day 30 Mon.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Day 30 AK.jpg
    Day 30 AK.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 107
  • day 30 WW.jpg
    day 30 WW.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 115
Plants looked better today. Moved some of the ties around and pulled the AK main cola down some more. Also considering to maybe only give 16 hours of light rather than 18. I read countless articles about plants drooping prior to lights out...in my case it seems severe and its 3-4 hours before lights out. The countless articles I read say its normal..but I also read quite a few people saying, for autos, they went from 18/6 to 16/8, and no more drooping prior to lights out. I feel its pointless to have the lights on when for the last 3+ hours, the leaves are completely down! We'll see.
They are a lot perkier today!!! How close are your lights?

Well to be fair..the pics I took last night was about 2 hours before lights out..and they droop a lot by then! This was taken earlier..but they do look better. Im not sure how long it takes for the nutes in the water to get into the plant after watering, but it seemed to have helped..leaves look nicer. Its 2 hours before lights out now and they look much better than the previous few days even 4 hours prior to lights out:)
Lights are 4 inches from top..and now that the main cola is lst'd..its going to be an even canopy. I kept thinking it might be high heat and low humidity that was making the leaves crispier. I don't know how much humidity is lost in transition when a fan is blowing on them. Growing strong nonetheless, each time I pull the main branch lower, it pops back up within 2 hours:) Ak will be a higher producer.

Back