Indoor First grow 23w cfl's, Ak47 and White widow

Its so much fun, that I found my first spider mite today lol. A red one. Cant see any evidence of more..misted underside of leaves.

End of week 3 today! Plants appear healthy other than the slight claw on the WW, but its in check. The spider mite was on the WW's pot today, the same as that tiny white thing I caught last week. Ive inspected the underside of leaves extensively and see absolutely no evidence of eggs or webs or even the tiniest thing moving lol. Tops of leaves seem unharmed. The slight yellow spotting on the WW happened after first feed last week, not from the bugs sucking it out:) I misted the underside of leaves this afternoon as I read they don't like that. I read that higher doses of nitrogen in the plant will encourage crawlers especially mites..hoping that after next watering, tmr or Tuesday, will flush some of it out from the WW.
I tied or weighed down 3 fan leaves on the WW and turned three of the flowering spots on top of the fan leaf. The AK I just tucked, nothing to tie down for the moment, its growing much more 'openly' than the WW, smaller leaves and better spacing between them. The WW is very bulky:)

Attachments

• Day 22 AK.jpg
    Day 22 AK.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 125
  • day 22 WW.jpg
    day 22 WW.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Photo0140.jpg
    Photo0140.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 128
Pre flowers are visible on both plants. Watered each 2L today until about 10% runoff. Water in was 6-6.2, came out at 7.2-7.4. Will try to lst more as side branches grow out..for now mostly just tucking. Will be adding molasses to my water next week or a bit after. unsure about what flowering nute to get them. only gave fert once during veg and WW didn't like it too much..hence the slight claw still. I don't know if I can get GH florabloom in time. Otherwise I may get a Schultz cactus food. Liquid concentrate 2-7-7 for this grow. Will be adding something with next watering (im guessing in about 5-7 days).

Attachments

• Day 23 AK Switched sides.jpg
    Day 23 AK Switched sides.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Day 24 AK (watered 2L with 10% runoff).jpg
    Day 24 AK (watered 2L with 10% runoff).jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 116
  • day 23 WW Switched sides.jpg
    day 23 WW Switched sides.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 110
  • day 24 WW (Watered 2L with 10% runoff).jpg
    day 24 WW (Watered 2L with 10% runoff).jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Day 24 Watered.jpg
    Day 24 Watered.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 115
Pre flowers are visible on both plants. Watered each 2L today until about 10% runoff. Water in was 6-6.2, came out at 7.2-7.4. Will try to lst more as side branches grow out..for now mostly just tucking. Will be adding molasses to my water next week or a bit after. unsure about what flowering nute to get them. only gave fert once during veg and WW didn't like it too much..hence the slight claw still. I don't know if I can get GH florabloom in time. Otherwise I may get a Schultz cactus food. Liquid concentrate 2-7-7 for this grow. Will be adding something with next watering (im guessing in about 5-7 days).
Looking fantastic!!!

I think she looks great! I'm not very familiar with tucking leaves though. Whatever you're doing is working. :pass:
I watched some vids on youtube, seemed quite simple..but I did it prior to watching the video as I figured I understand the concept, so I did it the way I saw it make sense lol. Once the side branches grow out a bit more..i'll be able to tie them down..for now they were too short and blocked by the fan leaves above them..especially the WW! This is where it's supposed to get fun!:) Week 4-6, apparently fastest growth:)

Plants added an inch since yesterday morning's watering. No trace of any spider mites. Ak has slight purpling on 2 stems from the same node, but growth above it and below is fine. Maybe needing some phosphorous soon?

Attachments

• Day 25 AK           (9 inches).jpg
    Day 25 AK (9 inches).jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 96
  • day 25 WW         (8 inches).jpg
    day 25 WW (8 inches).jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Day 25.jpg
    Day 25.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 124
Day 27, plants have grown considerably this week. Lst'd some more and took some ties off. Only watered 3 times in the plants life, but it may need water soon (last water was on Tuesday) but soil is feeling dry. Will wait likely till sunday.

Attachments

• Day 27 Fri.jpg
    Day 27 Fri.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Day 27 AK     (10.2 inches).jpg
    Day 27 AK (10.2 inches).jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 112
  • day 27 WW     (9.3 inches).jpg
    day 27 WW (9.3 inches).jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 110
Hi comet, me again from the nettle patch:coffee:, coffee in hand.
noticed you had a journal/diary goin on and teleported over to check it out.
seems we have 2 in common...WW and AK47 (though mine is pyramids version-tutankhamon and its a photo; thought I had ordered the auto version...D'OHHHH!:doh:)
youre a bit ahead. my WW is curiously odour free, and despite being the last seed to wake up, its now ahead of the three other individs it started with. as for Tutankhamon, mine has very fat maple leaf foliage, leading me to believe this particular AK has been reworked with some fine afghani lady. thc levels supposedly at record breaking levels ( as high as 33%:yoinks:) which is not the case with the auto version (under 8%).
anyway....party-on...time for more coffee.

Back