Grow Mediums First DWC - Mephisto and Dutch Passion

i keep mine just so its just touching the net but i mean it drops down etc anyway just remember that roots that don't touch the solution,can turn a green colour like part of the stem and no longer take in anything gotta keep em in the solution doin there job or they dry out turn green become apart of the tree or just simply not doing there job proper . ;)

Day 20

pH was adjusted when refilling bucket to 6.0, 24h later it was at about 6.1. They're doing their thing, now I'm waiting for them to shoot for the stars. :D They still have that brown residue from the mycorrhizae on the roots, it doesn't smell at all though. Cranked up ballast from 250w to 400w today and added aluminum foil bubble wrap insulation to the pots. Also waiting for 6mm ID tubing so I can hookup the new airstones to the new 30l Hailea pump. Right now they're getting like.. 3-4lpm from my old china pump. :D

HS 9cm, SODKxFSMO 11cm

pH: 6.0-6.1
Res. temp: 19C
Room temp: ~20C
RH: 50-60%

2ml/L IONIC Grow
1ml/L camg+
1ml/L Canna Rhizotonic
1ml/L IONIC Root stim
1ml/L Voodoo Juice

Picsss
XYNKV7m.jpg

z4CNMNa.jpg

Lt8N2q7.jpg

HS roots
Ytu8xKc.jpg

SODKxFSMO roots
YRejWJE.jpg

The plant in soil is a Heisenhound that I'm gona STS and hopefully get some pollen out of her.

Cheers!

Day 20

pH was adjusted when refilling bucket to 6.0, 24h later it was at about 6.1. They're doing their thing, now I'm waiting for them to shoot for the stars. :D They still have that brown residue from the mycorrhizae on the roots, it doesn't smell at all though. Cranked up ballast from 250w to 400w today and added aluminum foil bubble wrap insulation to the pots. Also waiting for 6mm ID tubing so I can hookup the new airstones to the new 30l Hailea pump. Right now they're getting like.. 3-4lpm from my old china pump. :D

HS 9cm, SODKxFSMO 11cm

2ml/L IONIC Grow
1ml/L camg+
1ml/L Canna Rhizotonic
1ml/L IONIC Root stim
1ml/L Voodoo Juice

Picsss
XYNKV7m.jpg

z4CNMNa.jpg

Lt8N2q7.jpg

HS roots
Ytu8xKc.jpg

SODKxFSMO roots
YRejWJE.jpg

The plant in soil is a Heisenhound that I'm gona STS and hopefully get some pollen out of her.

Cheers!

Looking good bud!!
Now the fun starts and they really go crazy!! Hope you have a big tent [emoji54]

Day 20

HS 9cm, SODKxFSMO 11cm

2ml/L IONIC Grow
1ml/L camg+
1ml/L Canna Rhizotonic
1ml/L IONIC Root stim
1ml/L Voodoo Juice

Picsss
XYNKV7m.jpg

z4CNMNa.jpg

Lt8N2q7.jpg

HS roots
Ytu8xKc.jpg

SODKxFSMO roots
YRejWJE.jpg

Cheers!

Hey bro :) , just a couple of questions how hot is those rez gettin just before lights out i can see stress via lack of Do, before upping the lights you need to fix something roots are not looking good and also did you adjust ph to 6.0 i just not sure if i understood you right on that one,needs to be 5.6-5.9 for veg bro unless theres a reason like Ph flux/swing-infection/blooms switch issues/ppms to high etc this might be cuasing it like you say "the small china pump" thieve probebly just out grow it which is why were only seeing issues now i guess could be it ..doesn't hurt to check though ;) somethings telling me its to hot.

Last edited:
Hey bro :) , just a couple of questions how hot is those rez gettin just before lights out i can see stress via lack of Do, before upping the lights you need to fix something roots are not looking good and also did you adjust ph to 6.0 i just not sure if i understood you right on that one,needs to be 5.6-5.9 for veg bro unless theres a reason like Ph flux/swing-infection/blooms switch issues/ppms to high etc this might be cuasing it like you say "the small china pump" thieve probebly just out grow it which is why were only seeing issues now i guess could be it ..doesn't hurt to check though ;) somethings telling me its to hot.

How do you spot dissolved oxygen deficiency?
Actually it said pH 6.0 in the ionic bottles.

Ok I'll MacGyver that tubing shit and get new pump running asap.. and redo it properly once new tubing arrives. I used this small pump cuz I was so scared to tear a root again. :/

Should I clean out the res and do h2o2 only?

Last edited:
Nah i wouldnt go h202 myself as theres no actual sign of infection as such and i like to avoid the stuff like the plague im running it now and i don't like it at all. nothing bennies and cold clean and max Do solution wont fix bro ,i can tell by the colour of the roots and leaves and just there general condition. yeah make sure that the air hose is black also what size pump and diffusers are you thinkin?? and also never put off checkin root temps. fatal mistake. ;)

Its good the ionic has buffers in, like i told you before i use ionic cal-mag pro and its really really good stuff for the price heaps of extras and mild enough not to hurt anything i like it.
But just stick to normal hydro Ph 5.6-5.9 veg and let her swing up nice and slow on her own from sometimes i set to there needs like if i can see something they could use more of on the uptake scale just in attempt to make it become more available but to be honest it wouldn't mean much as all minerals are available in all of the hydro ph range at varied amounts provided the ph isnt sticking (but this is a domino effect as always and 99% of the time its lockouts due to high ppm's buffering the solution as a root cause not range issues.) its all at the roots in Dwc but it makes me feel better doing it lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bum
Nah i wouldnt go h202 myself as theres no actual sign of infection as such and i like to avoid the stuff like the plague im running it now and i don't like it at all. nothing bennies and cold clean and max Do solution wont fix bro ,i can tell by the colour of the roots and leaves and just there general condition. yeah make sure that the air hose is black also what size pump and diffusers are you thinkin?? and also never put off checkin root temps. fatal mistake. ;)

Ok bro. The res temps was at about 20C now and lights going out soon.

The pump is a 60lpm Hailea so 30/bucket.
Diffusers are from Bubblemac their finest pore diffusers. it's 1 big and 2 smaller per bucket. I'll get a pic for you when it's running. :D

yup that's your issue bro must be the air,just act like nothing happened continue the Do and temps will do the rest ;)

Reactions: Bum
Edit: seems vid.me doesn't like my plants :D, I'll just use Vimeo for embedding next time.
Edit2: oh it's working again... Oh well

Heres how she looks with the big diffusers and 30lpm each. 2 more smaller diffusers in each bucket was added which aren't in the video.

Videos are so much easier then pics lol. :D

Last edited:
Back