Grow Mediums First DWC - Mephisto and Dutch Passion

@IndicalVoz Oh ya? Ima mix up a new res as soon as I get home.

Your pic looks real nice, how come mine isn't like that superbush? Several reasons I figure :D

@derek420colorado
Will the pump be fine in such a enclosed space? With the heat mitigation I mean.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Yep it shouldn't raise temps too much, like I said run that thing as far away from your rez as possible or just run a shit ton of air line around and around in a circle, another thing you can do is get a bucket of water and run your air line into the bucket and curl it up a bunch of times in the bottom of the water filled bucket so that the air has to pass through all that water and disperse the heat

@IndicalVoz Oh ya? Ima mix up a new res as soon as I get home.

Your pic looks real nice, how come mine isn't like that superbush? Several reasons I figure :D

Yeah man its just those niggly bugs disturbing you at the moment ,it's like anythin though, it just all comes together all at once and you aint far off bro.
Shes lst'd and has i think 5 -6 tops(?) now.
I'l show off one more Sensi Au root pic if you like ,i'm not much into hyjacking threads though.But i think you'll like this one ;)
She actually cracked the netpot in the end ;) AU Power!!

dsc_1264-jpg.565034

@IndicalVoz daaayuum :D lets see the rest of that girl!!

Are you running Sensi Bloom only ala TaNg? Cuz I only have the Sensi Bloom right now.. Voodoo juice, overdrive and carboload to.

;) i thought you might like that and you know whats really gonna make your day? she's started off just like yours ,really really bad bad start.

and turned out like this that's why me and derek420 told you not to loose heart ;)
Oh and no i just run whatever i think at the time no schedule just what ever i feel like running.
showimage.php

..i just run the hobbyist kit
voodoo
b52
bigbud
overdrive.
grow also,But i dropped the b52 i found it messy and it actually went bad i think by the end of the bottle i found very little use for it myself personal preference just caused me issues and junked up the water.I myself wouldn't recommend only running bloom because your taking control away from yourself i like to keep them on veg nutes so they dont get funny ideas about blooming early and keeping the solution at the net pots ,but in saying that i'm not a pro just yet like those guys.i can see there reasoning because they need bugger all N. so i get that.

Also apon thinking about it you would loose benefits just using bloom that might/are in the Veg nutes like fulvic and humic acid perhaps things like that..i'm just speculating on that by the way but AN would def cater to each stage in there own way.

Last edited:
So you guys don't think it's a problem putting the monster pump in a shoebox and stuff it with rockwool or something?

I don't want my grow room to catch fire and get the neighborhood involuntary stoned :D

So you guys don't think it's a problem putting the monster pump in a shoebox and stuff it with rockwool or something?

I don't want my grow room to catch fire and get the neighborhood involuntary stoned :D

Get somethin bigger than a shoe box and you wont catch anything on fire that pump would shut down before it got hot enough to catch anything on fire, I have had lots of pumps in dampening boxes

In order to dampen the noise from the airpump you would need to have enough noise insulating material minimum of half the thickness what would be the real physical wavelength of the wave frequency you are going to block. And to have such material that could still be able to transfer heat out of the pump. It is challenging, I tried it once and my airpump got so hot I couldn't hold it in my hand and I thought to just give up on the idea. My pump is quiet enough anyway as I have it on just some old memory foam I cut from my old matress.

If you going to make a dampening box for you airpump, think of a possibility to install a passive air intake to the box through HEPA -filter or something! That would reduce the air pollutants that would otherwise be introduced to the reservoir.

And yeah, AN Sensi -line is rather hot. I usually do not even go further than 1,5ml per litre feeds maximum, unless I have really hungry and huge monster plant like AU can get. It would be best to check pH and EC daily and see how they change, always keep some fresh water handy and ready in case if the EC raises up so you can add more plain water to manage the salt levels and optimize the performance of your plants roots.

The dimmer will make heat.. every device you add to the chain of devices will add heat. Every device converts a portion of the power applied to it, into heat. And I believe motor speed controls reduce voltage, not induce resistance int the circuit as a dimmer does. You would be better off with a motor speed control and a larger fan, the larger fan to help maintain volume of airflow at reduced speed.

Everything is a trade off.

Im not sure I can with a regular "light dimmer", the pump probably runs on frequency, these light dimmer just cut the sinus waves.

Because it runs to loud and to hot bro..
I just have 1 bucket running right now, i cant blast 240lpm to it. Or can I? :D
Either way I still cant manage the heat right now.. :(

Reactions: Bum
Yeah, a dimmer isn't a good idea I agree.

Switched bucket to

~1ml/L sensi bloom
4ml/L voodoo
1ml/L camg+

Aaand my pH pen broke..... jumping up and down like a Jojo. Probably a bunch of crap sitting on the sensor or whatever it's called so left it in a glass of water maybe can dissolve some of it.

Back