Indoor First basic grow - White Widow Auto t5 soil

Was going to do some LST. Best link for learning how? I was planning on using plant twist ties that i have for tomatoes etc and saftey pins secured to the edge of the smart pot. Other suggestions and when do you think should start? Again I will try to keep up with daily updates although some weekends maybe away.

I would go for pipe cleaners or the thick rubber covered wire for gardening (which is what i use). i've read plenty on making sure your wire is not thine, could cut into ya branches, they do put a lot of stress on those tie's. I top and train due my space and height restrictions, got gorilla glue and a jack herer in the wings ready for strapping in couple of weeks. Be brave and go for it, its a trial and error thing, it didn't take me long to get the idea sorted.
here's a link to my grow, I start the training from this page.

:pass:

@Slater I was just looking at your white cheese grow. Holy crap its like a different plant than mine at day14. Thoughts? Is it the lighting? The breeder/strain? Soil vs etc? Will get some pics up shortly of mine but compared to watching everyone elses it seems like its growing at a snails pace! Would LED's be better? Any thoughts on a sub $200 LED light?

It's your lights that have you a bit behind. Although, I've usually started most of my plants under T5 and kept them that way for up to 3 weeks. I don't do it anymore because the environment in my flower room is so perfect that I just start my plants in there now.

I think we have all started off on the cheap with our lights and many of us on the Forum have owned Mars at one time or another. You can definitely get a light that'll grow you some great cannabis for under $200 if you go with Mars, but you will be doing your own warranty repairs or you will be paying for shipping because they do tend to break down.

Lights like the Mars tend to penetrate all the same amount within a certain wattage of Chip. What that means is it is better to buy multiple small lights than one big light. So if you're able to buy two lights for under $200 you probably can get a bigger footprint in better control over your height of your plants.

Day 15:
IMG_1434.JPG
IMG_1435.JPG
IMG_1436.JPG

@Slater I was just looking at your white cheese grow. Holy crap its like a different plant than mine at day14. Thoughts? Is it the lighting? The breeder/strain? Soil vs etc? Will get some pics up shortly of mine but compared to watching everyone elses it seems like its growing at a snails pace! Would LED's be better? Any thoughts on a sub $200 LED light?

jingo's spot on there, what made the most difference is the light and also I have to say the air pots have played their part...10ltr ones are great, soon as those roots hit the sides there is a noticeable increase in growth speed. Is it the Zambeza WC or the Dinafem WC? Zambeza was started under 2 Mars burple lights and the Dinafem was started under the cobs.

Hey man, welcome to AFN and grats on your first grow! Going to sub to this thread here so keep posting updates on your journal as you see fit bro. Also just FYI for future pics, you can hit the Upload a File button to the right of Post Reply and add in thumbnail size (click to enlarge) or Full Image to get nice clean photos on your replies here and elsewhere, just a tip to make it easier for you to upload and easier for us on viewing! :smoking:

So far so good! If you need anything I am a complete noob but don't be afraid to @NugNoob or anyone else for that matter, @ will let peeps know you called their name.

Welcome again and enjoy your first slap courtesy of the biggest noob on AFN!
:slap:
Good lookin out bruv.. :frog:

Back