Indoor Female Seeds (testers) in 2x2x4 with coco-coir under BudgetLED QB or single Autocob

UPDATE

Day 56. Feel symptoms got worse, but also feel she looks better some how.... don't know what to think any more. What do you think @Waira @FullAuto245 ? Good thing is she's filling up and resin started showing on some leaves.

The past week she had been getting 673 ppm / 1.346 EC (tap 77, cal-mag 44, 419 MegaCrop 1, 82 Epsom, Bud Explosion 51). Today she begins with a new reservoir at 690 ppm (tap 89, cal-mag 47, 425 MC1 , 46 Epsom, BE 84 ). Always set pH to 5.8 and on next reservoir change it's usually at 6.1-6.2 .

Some pics from yesterday...
20200323-103007.jpg

20200323-103016.jpg

20200323-103027.jpg

20200323-104332.jpg

20200323-104356.jpg

20200323-104423.jpg

20200323-104808.jpg

20200323-104552.jpg

20200323-104655.jpg

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey @elcoloan , despite the slower start and some of the minor presentations of deficiencies i think you're doing great.

Likely at some point throughout the growth there was an imbalance of available nutrients causing some of your minor deficiencies. But it looks like things have slowed or stopped and seems pretty happy. I'd say just stay the course unless the plant tells you otherwise.

Other than that, personally I would remove those older yellowing leaves, but they'll also drop when the time comes too.

Good luck!

I agree with 4d-rock and I would add sometimes when deficiencies first show up you may have stopped it but the leaves will continue to change a bit from my experience.

Using the same or similar genetics I had the same issue it was like the megacrop itself wasn’t enough for this specific strain. Mine happened during the stretch.

She looks great though nice big and robust!

Hey @elcoloan , despite the slower start and some of the minor presentations of deficiencies i think you're doing great.

Likely at some point throughout the growth there was an imbalance of available nutrients causing some of your minor deficiencies. But it looks like things have slowed or stopped and seems pretty happy. I'd say just stay the course unless the plant tells you otherwise.

Other than that, personally I would remove those older yellowing leaves, but they'll also drop when the time comes too.

Good luck!
I agree with 4d-rock and I would add sometimes when deficiencies first show up you may have stopped it but the leaves will continue to change a bit from my experience.

Using the same or similar genetics I had the same issue it was like the megacrop itself wasn’t enough for this specific strain. Mine happened during the stretch.

She looks great though nice big and robust!

:joy: Thanks. I also feel she's happy and looks well despite the colors up top and fadding in the bottom... and I love her structure without any training. She's supposed to be 70-84 days long, so a minimum of 20-30 days more of her growing in there seems promising. I'm digging autos a lot and if it has nice flavors and effect I will difinitely have another go at this strain some time soon.

After looking closer at the leaves the curling on the tips and yellowing on the outer edges of the fan leaves looks like a possibility of overfeeding to me. I would watch that and if it gets worse dial back a bit on your nutes.

A good indicator would be using a ppm or ec meter if your feeding 800ppm and it’s coming out at 1200 or anything over 800 your essentially overfeeding. You want that number equal to or less than what your putting in.

After looking closer at the leaves the curling on the tips and yellowing on the outer edges of the fan leaves looks like a possibility of overfeeding to me. I would watch that and if it gets worse dial back a bit on your nutes.

She did burn a bit when I recently increased MC dosage, but it didn't get any worse even when increasing Epsom and BE after that. So i think it was the sudden raise in EC from the MC... or maybe from root problems... today I discovered she has root rot. Issue has been adressed... let se how she does these few days to come.

20200326_113430.jpg
20200326_113454.jpg

UPDATE

Day 62, leaf color got worse up top, lots of yellow falling leaves down low. But now plant is smelling so nice, like sweet mangoes. Buds aren't filling up as fast as one would like to, but given the circumstances I'm glad it's filling up at all.

Last week I did a coco-drench with beneficial microbes and kept same EC of nutes afterwards... should've lowered it :doh:. I will change reservoir today or tomorrow and lower EC from current 1.4 closer to 1.0, and plan to do another drench next weekend. When I bring my EC lower, I'm think I'll just use Epsom salts and the MegaCrop v1 and Bud Explosion.

Today she begins 20/4... will set the darkness period from 12-4 pm so temps don't fall much.

Here are some pics from today.
20200330-092115.jpg

20200330-092130.jpg
20200330-092816.jpg
20200330-092826.jpg
20200330-092846.jpg

Last edited:
She looks happy regardless of the leaf color. The flowers seems to be developing fine they have good size and nice long pistils. You can use Epsom salts also for a magnesium issues has 0 nitrogen which is better in some situations.

She looks happy regardless of the leaf color. The flowers seems to be developing fine they have good size and nice long pistils. You can use Epsom salts also for a magnesium issues has 0 nitrogen which is better in some situations.

Oh yeah... I meant Epsom salts, not CaMg.

Back