Photoperiod 2.2 gal Autopot and BudgetLED in 2x2x4

So, just in case anyone was wondering, the weight before passing buds into the curing jars was 69.3 grams + 5 g of sugary leaves. Got much fewer sugary leaves than other times from clones of the same mother plant, but bud production was a bit higher... effects and flavors are a bit more accentuated. Can't imagine what would have been of it if i had not encountered pH problems... this plant is awesome!

20200201-210936.jpg

PS. The tent is inhabited now by a tester Auto WWxBB from Female Seeds. Cold temps and clumsiness of mine have her stunted but alive... more about her here.

Last edited:
UPDATE

Hello again! Hope you are all doing well during these times.

After an insightful run with an Auto WWxBB from Female seeds , I am back to photos for a run… definitely loved growing an auto and will go back to autos after this run, but I was running low on my reserve of one of my fav strains (of which i have a mom), so I put a clone from it and a clone from a Black D.O.G into this tent again and plan to give them a go in soil.

So... I’m doing a photo and soil run this time… I'm using the 2.2 Gal autopot pot for one clone and a 7 lt pot for the other, but I'm not using the autopot system… I'm just handwatering. I'm not using Mega Crop (but ohhh iv'e been tempted) and i'm using a soil mix from a growshop here that assured it could be used with only water... no sure this is true for flowering... so i've sporadically given EWC leachate.

The clones are finishing their 3rd week of 12/12. Did a little defoliating today… phew… didn’t feel as bad as I thought. There's resin in some leaves already.

I still use the same BudgetLED lamp and still dimm it to 60Watts… and tallest top is currently at 35 cm / 13.7 inches from it.

Here are some pics from today…

Before defoliating:
20200620-081739.jpg

After defoliating:
20200620-093355.jpg

20200620-093746.jpg

20200620-094201.jpg

20200620-093754.jpg

Any feedback is welcomed.

Update

The clone in now dead. Harvested on Saturday. It was a nice run. Many things could have been done differently for better results, but it ended up nicer than expected. 57 days of 12/12.
Vaped scissor hash had great flavor of grapes and sweet citrus fruits.

Some pics from Saturday and Sunday:

20200125-160408.jpg

20200125-160330.jpg

20200125-160448.jpg

20200125-160459.jpg

20200125-160506.jpg

20200125-161413.jpg

20200125-161351.jpg

20200125-161343.jpg

20200125-201843.jpg

20200125-201901.jpg

20200126-114455.jpg

20200125-201954.jpg

20200125-223206.jpg

20200126-153317.jpg
Damn! I think I can smell those plants from here! Good on ya, very nice result. :pighug:

Just curious, how did you generate the split stem at ground level?

Damn! I think I can smell those plants from here! Good on ya, very nice result. :pighug:

Just curious, how did you generate the split stem at ground level?

Thanks! Smells are definitely getting stronger by the day!
About your question... it's a clone I trained ever since it rooted and it had very close internodes, so I jut topped it above the third node and trained the higher nodes (mostly by supercropping) so that the bottom node would reach and always be on level with the other ones... and that's how it ended up like that.

Cut the seed in half :headbang:

Nice grow man, that previous flower looked tasty af.. Had me looking forward to harvest over here.
Impressed by the LEDs, I've been hesitant to leave HIDs but now considering. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Thanks for passing by! It took me some time to change to LEDs from HIDs as well, but wouldn't go back... and i haven't even used the optimal amount of light/DLI/wpsf... imagine once I do!

And well, since I'm here al ready, let me share some pics taken yesterday on their day 28 of 12/12:
IMG-3811.jpg

IMG-3812.jpg

IMG-3813.jpg

Left clone:
IMG-3814.jpg

IMG-3816.jpg

IMG-3817.jpg

Right clone:
IMG-3818.jpg

IMG-3819.jpg

IMG-3820.jpg

Hey @Kenan , I saw you had replied the other day but couldn't answer then... now that i came to answer your questions, i can't find the post. I think you asked about my tent's size... it's 2x2x4. Used to grow in a 3x3 with HIDs, but I'm loving the 2x2 with LEDs and low wattage.
And regarding your plant, from what I remember it looked very nice, and I think you asked something about it but can't remember well. I was going to ask if your were growing in soil... I'm venturing into soil and saw some straws there in your pot so was curious as to what you were using in it and watering times.

Magnificent growing and very nice to hear the positive vibe on the LED lights over HID. I just pulled the trigger on some LED lights myself. Been using HID forever. The final straw was when I did the math and saw how much less juice they draw.

Yo, sorry, I felt like I jacked your thread so deleted the post. Will start a thread with my own questions if/when I need to ;)

You saw the pic in another thread, it's the same one. In coco. Pretty rough stuff so perlite is not needed
(Ugro Mix3, info: https://www.1-hydroponics.co.uk/grow-media/coco/pot4-rhiza-grow-bag-500g.html )
Watering everyday! I'm considering soil too...

Oh ok, don't worry, I didn't mind your post.
I thought your plant was in soil because of the straw i normally see in used in TLO and such. Nice plant btw. I would normally prefer to grow in coco as well. I'm currently trying some local "water-only" organic soils to see how these genetics do in organic soil since i've tried them already in coco with hydro nutes... so i want to compare i guess and just see if there are any good mixes here locally since i hadn't tried any in a while since i got into hempy buckets and coco.

Magnificent growing and very nice to hear the positive vibe on the LED lights over HID. I just pulled the trigger on some LED lights myself. Been using HID forever. The final straw was when I did the math and saw how much less juice they draw.

Thanks! I can't say I ever tried or researched much into double ended HIDs or CMH/LEC, but the conventional/old school HID does seem to be a thing of the past compared to newer LEDs, and prices seem to be more reasonable than a few years ago I think.
Which light did you get if i may ask? I'm quite happy with my two LED lamps and don't think I need more... i have a 3500K Autocob (for mums and other plants, also have a with a deep red mod for it haven't used) and the BudgetLED lamp for this tent, but I can't stop taking a look at all the new options.

Any how, since I'm here, let me share some pics from this morning... day 36 of 12/12.

IMG-3923.jpg

IMG-3924.jpg

IMG-3926.jpg

Clone to the left:
IMG-3927.jpg

IMG-3928.jpg

IMG-3930.jpg

Clone to the right:
IMG-3933.jpg

IMG-3931.jpg

IMG-3932.jpg

Mighty fine pics and plants groomed to perfection :clapper: I ordered 2 Mars Hydro SP 3000's. And there here as I type. :d5:

Last edited:
Mighty fine pics and plants groomed to perfection :clapper: I ordered 2 Mars Hydro SP 300's. And there here as I type. :d5:

Thanks! How exciting to have new lights huh!

@elcoloan Thanks for your comment. Your plants look pretty amazing, especially if that's your first time in soil(?).

So if you don't mind me asking then, I wanted to know about your trimming. I find that I can trim a handful of leaves, leaving the plant pretty open for some light to penetrate through to the pot. 3-4 days later new clusters have appeared and the plant is again covered in leaves, sort of like yours in the last pictures(my leaves will touch eachother all over and cause moisture in these spots). Would you then trim again, or wait a week or two? Im thinking about this shock from trimming we keep reading about everywhere, so my understanding is not to trim so often. However I did, and she is way past due for flowering now, but won't flower. Thinking it could be caused by the excessive/often trimming.
I also have quite low spacing between nodes, 1 foot length will have 7-8 sets of branches. Hence the need for trimming, at least I think.

Peace✌

Not my first time in soil, but it is first time trying this particular soil mix from a growshop here. And... it is my first time trimming during flowering, so I can't really comment on that. I can say that before this run I would never do any trimming after flowers had started forming... too worried id stress them... and in veg i'd do it only if i saw humidity or air flow problems such as those moiture spots you mention and different fan configurations weren't working. But it seems as long as plants are healthy and you don't go over board, they get back on their feet in no time after defoliating during veg so in your case i'm not sure you are shocking them.

Back