Indoor Female Seeds (testers) in 2x2x4 with coco-coir under BudgetLED QB or single Autocob

elcoloan

Still learning a lot!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
VAPING: Go-Go Auto, Bloody Skunk Auto, Cream Mandarine Auto, Deez Nugs, 24Caratx3BOG, amazingly-tasty-unkown-strain
Hi fellow auto-enthusiasts!

I'm starting this thread to keep a journal of the tester Female Seed strains I will be growing indoors thanks to @gennaro-fs and Mr. B.

Still not sure which strains I will grow... hopefully autos due to the small tent I have, but I won't really mind if I get photos. I will edit this post to include the pertinent information as soon as possible.

For now I will share the information pertaining the setup under which I will be growing these strains:

TENT: 2x2x4
LIGHT: 1 BudgetLED QB (Fullspec, 5-120 Watts) or 1 Autocob (3500K, 60 Watts)
MEDIUM: Coco-coir and perlite
METHOD: 1.5 gal Hempy Bucket or 2.2 gal Autopot
NUTRIENTS: Greenleaf nutrients (mega crop v1, v2, bud explosion, calmag pro), Epsom salts
TEMPS: 15C-25C
RH: 45-70%

Tent with BudgetLED
20191118_140838.jpg

Tent with Autocob
20181211_194947-jpg.998615

That's it for now. Very excited about this!!!!

------------

STRAINS RECEIVED SO FAR (March 2020):
-Auto WWxBB
-Auto NL
-Auto AK

SEEDS GROWN SO FAR:
1st run--> (1) Auto White Widow x Big Bud - Harvest
2dn run--> N/A
3rd run--> N/A

Last edited:
YAY! Good news!

Took quite some time to arrive (almost 3 months), but the tester seeds were finally in my mailbox today. Huge thanks to @Mr B. from Female Seeds @gennaro-fs !
I received Auto WWxBB, Auto NL, and Auto AK. I will most probably begin with Auto WWxBB in a week or so. So excited! Will be posting its progress here on a weekly basis.

Oh, and also... while I was waiting for the seeds to arrive I changed the light in the tent to a Quantum Board style LED: 120Watts with added 660nm, 730nm, and UV, from BudgetLED. The AutoCOB is now serving as my mom's light. I use the QB dimmed to 60 Watts in the tent right now, and quite happy with results so far but for the tester seeds that just arrived I might go full power... have a week to decide.

See ya in a week!

YAY! Good news!

Took quite some time to arrive (almost 3 months), but the tester seeds were finally in my mailbox today. Huge thanks to @Mr B. from Female Seeds @gennaro-fs !
I received Auto WWxBB, Auto NL, and Auto AK. I will most probably begin with Auto WWxBB in a week or so. So excited! Will be posting its progress here on a weekly basis.

Oh, and also... while I was waiting for the seeds to arrive I changed the light in the tent to a Quantum Board style LED: 120Watts with added 660nm, 730nm, and UV, from BudgetLED. The AutoCOB is now serving as my mom's light. I use the QB dimmed to 60 Watts in the tent right now, and quite happy with results so far but for the tester seeds that just arrived I might go full power... have a week to decide.

See ya in a week!

Hey elcoloan, Wow! I almost can't believe it that you finally received the package:woohoo:that's some good news!
Anyhow, wish you lots of fun with this grow and needless to say, I will join the ride and help when/if requested ;)

Looking forward to a great show!

All the best,
Mr B

Update

On Jan 22nd I put one Auto White Widow x Big Bud tester seed to soak in warm water. 4 hours later it had sunk so I passed it to wet coco+perlite in a plastic cup. It is sprouted now, but hasn’t opened its cotyledons. I haven’t watered the cup since i put the seed in… not sure if I should water lightly at this point.

My plan is to transplant it to its final 2.2 gal Autopot container (coco+perlite) about a week after cotyledons have opened. The sprout is currently far under the Autocob in a shower that is warmer than the tent, but once coty’s open it will be transferred to the tent under the QB. The QB lamp might be used at half it’s power (60 Watts)… still haven’t made my mind.

Past couple weeks temps have been 19-22 C / 66 - 71 F… some times even lower or a bit higher with fans off… I know I know, very low for optimal development but I’ve been doing a few runs with these low temps (using photos and 1 auto) and results are not that bad…. so while I make sure I get a good/safe heater for my tent, I won’t mind the temps that much.

Here are some pics…

Jan 22:
20200122-103236.jpg

20200122-145533.jpg

Jan 25:
20200125-161229.jpg

Jan 26:
20200126-114403.jpg

Today (Jan 27, first pic morning, last two pics in the afternoon):
20200127-093824.jpg

20200127_152414.jpg
20200127_152238.jpg

That’s it for all. Thanks for passing by. Any input is welcomed!

Last edited:
I’m excited for this run! Good luck and feel free to ask questions or reach out. You can spray that seed head with a spray bottle the moisture will help get it off.

I’m excited for this run! Good luck and feel free to ask questions or reach out. You can spray that seed head with a spray bottle the moisture will help get it off.

Thanks! Really appreciate the spraying tip... The seedling was struggling to get rid of the husk... sprayed it and couple hours later she was free from it.

This is her this morning:

20200128-083330.jpg

Looking really happy. I vote for keeping the light lowish for a while. The babe doesn't need much for a while. Good luck with the grow! :goodluck:

Looking really happy. I vote for keeping the light lowish for a while. The babe doesn't need much for a while. Good luck with the grow! :goodluck:

Thanks! Will do... right now she's about 40 inches from the Autocob... I wont go any closer than 36 yet. Might have to keep her under the cob for another week while I fix some stuff in the room that has the tent with the QB... not a problem though, I'm sure she'll love the Autocob's light.

If I learned anything from my first indoor grow, now being chopped, it was that more light ain't necessarily a good idea, especially when running lights 24/7 with LEDs. If you haven't done so already, have a look at Dabber's thread on the watts/sq.ft. being used by AFN members. The light levels working really well for some growers using COBs are remarkably low, a fraction of the commonly quoted levels of ~30 or so watts LED/sq.ft. I will be dialing my levels down on the next grow, certainly to less than 25-30 watts/sq.ft., and keeping the lights well away from the plants. Stronger light from further away means better penetration, so that will also be my focus.

Grow, learn, grow again. :biggrin::goodluck:

If I learned anything from my first indoor grow, now being chopped, it was that more light ain't necessarily a good idea, especially when running lights 24/7 with LEDs. If you haven't done so already, have a look at Dabber's thread on the watts/sq.ft. being used by AFN members. The light levels working really well for some growers using COBs are remarkably low, a fraction of the commonly quoted levels of ~30 or so watts LED/sq.ft. I will be dialing my levels down on the next grow, certainly to less than 25-30 watts/sq.ft., and keeping the lights well away from the plants. Stronger light from further away means better penetration, so that will also be my focus.

Grow, learn, grow again. :biggrin::goodluck:

Well since I will propably use the lamp dimmed to 60 watts, i would be in the 15 w/sqft range. It has worked to my satisfaction with photos, so i think i will give it a go again like this with this tester seed. Still trying to decide if i should go 18/6, 20/4 or 24/0...

Back