FullDuplex

Gnome Grown
Staff member
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
gnomeautomatics.com
Greetings buds :pass:

Here is the start to my journey with LED grow lights. Best part about it i get the pleasure to test one of Platinum's p300 series lights. My first attempt will start with the seedlings of the jalapeno's that i have been working on for a year now. As i stated in my intro i am choosing to do this for a few reasons. One i have never grown with LED before and its time to learn, two i want to start with a plant that can take punishment if i have issues learning and i cant take wrecking some of my gals, three i want to give Mark and the platinum team another perspective of growing with their kick ass LED lights, that way they can, use the photos if they want to, hit a complete other market with their product.

So let me start with what is going on.
Tent is a 3x3x3
Medium is black gold organic
Fox Farm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom
Light is p300 LED
subjects are second generation Jalapeno that will be crossed to a second generation Tabasco that i selected for the cross.

The subjects are 6-7 in tall in height and were started under HO CFL lights. They are about 30 days or less above soil and they will be selected from this by response to the light. The idea here is to show the response of the plants to the light for growth. Then once i take the selections of the strongest most responsive plants they will go to bloom in this area to show the power of the bloom side of the lights.

I know this isnt typical items grown here, but stay with me. I want to make sure i understand the tech as well as get them to the best potential that they can be and then i will introduce the WJ and BD to the mox once these are in flower and i have my strongest peppers in there.

On to the pics.

Open box, great packaging and stealth shipment. no idea what this was as far as outside world.

Veg switch in tent

Bloom Switch in tent

Veg/Bloom in tent

Plants in tent under veg switch and height shot

Again big shout out to Mark and @PlatinumLEDTom for getting this gear on site.

Awesome FullDuplex love the rainbow of pictures. Excited to see how different plants love the lights as well. Looking forward to following your grow!

Cheers, Tom
:thanks:

Thanks for stopping by @PlatinumLEDTom much appreciated. There will be weekly updates on this to keep an eye on actual growth. As of now they have been under the leds for 24 hours and I have true leaf lift. Good to see so soon after light change.

Look nice bud although I have not used one I lol the shape they made their lights I never understood why so many companies made them square.. I want to run a few in my tent as I like the veg bloom but can not afford them at this time maybe they will have a discount for AFN folks.. Anyway subbed to watch you grow bud.

Look nice bud although I have not used one I lol the shape they made their lights I never understood why so many companies made them square.. I want to run a few in my tent as I like the veg bloom but can not afford them at this time maybe they will have a discount for AFN folks.. Anyway subbed to watch you grow bud.
Glad to have you here I know the interest in what I'm growing is different than usual but it's not so much about that as it is what I'm growing with. The idea is to show the light and its potential. This should still be interesting to watch as I'm seeing these guys leaf lift like no other right now something they were not doing until I introduced the p300

Glad to have you here I know the interest in what I'm growing is different than usual but it's not so much about that as it is what I'm growing with. The idea is to show the light and its potential. This should still be interesting to watch as I'm seeing these guys leaf lift like no other right now something they were not doing until I introduced the p300
Yeah I have seen their lights produce some nice plants.. I would love to test them and see how they do in my organic garden..

I'm in @FullDuplex let's see them peppers grow. Your gonna kill it man. Get it dialed in then it's a canna run....

Lol running LED brings a whole new meaning to praying to the lights huh?
Awesome glad to have you here my friend. Really glad your along. I got a new tent coming in tomorrow that will give me 2.5 more feet in height so excited to have more room. To get big. And yep praying to those lights is in real. I can water come back in and hour and they are lifted. I will say that they do transpire more now I've had to step up watering.

Yep they transpire much faster. That's where the aggressive feeding svhedule can come into play with cannabis ;)

And I know the temps run lower with LED but a tent temp of 75 to 80 is perfectly fine with LED it let's transpire and take up more water/nutes as they go

:woohoo1: :cooldance::cooldance::woohoo1: Niiiice!! ... looks like a pepper disco in there buddy! Man, that bloom spec' looks fierce, piercing red... And that pepper cross- :drool: oh man, I want some flakes or powder when they're done, name your price! :eyebrows: Their reaction to the light tells it all, right? Par blasted worship!

Back