Indoor Fanboy Grow #2

Pigskin Fanboy

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Non Smoker
Howdy Folks !! It’s time for another round in the Southwest Virginia Mountains !! :woohoo:
This ones gonna be fun so grab a chair and a cup of coffee and make yourself at home. :cheers:
Day#0

Got the tent disinfected today and started getting everything setup for some home grown fun !
3F456D78-260F-4AC8-ACC0-F6FA8DED6722.jpeg

Equipment:
Grow Bags- 5g opulent
Soil- Home Blend
2D212DE2-0FB6-433A-96FF-19081C477E4F.jpeg
ADF7E1A1-F530-4050-9AD2-FDB03857A7F5.jpeg

Water- Reverse Osmosis (RO)
Tent- 3X3X6 Hydroplus
Light- MarsHydro FC-E4800 set to 25%
Height above soil 35”
Avg Lux is 6500-7000 at soil level
7A8420A3-F9A5-4DF1-888F-61807FF3CB84.jpeg

Exhaust -T6 Cloudline with Carbon Filter
Air Movement- AC Infinity Dev Ed. CLOUDRAY S6
Intake- will be playing around with passive intake I have a vivosun 4” available, some stationary and other pole fans, if needed.
Nutrients- Gold Leaf/Foop
Voyeuristic Needs- Wyze wireless camera
1641006362166.png

Seeds:
1) Jean-O’s - 1 What’s My Name S1 (WMN)- Using Gold Leaf

2) Jean-O’s - 1 Blueberry Cheesecake F1 (BBC) - Using Gold Leaf

3) Flying Higher Automatix - 1 Amnesia Haze x Fruity Pebbles (AH), (Gift/Grow-Off from Matty Budz) -Using Gold Leaf

4) Brother Mendel Black Label - 1 The Midnight Ride (TMR) , (Double Grape x 3 Bears OG)[Mephisto] x Black Label Cookies II- Using Foop Starter Pack
(Gift/Grow-Off from Cezar Dias) this one won’t drop until the 16th, so it may go in one of my other tents. :)
Preparation:
These 3 got the overnight dunk
1641006362132.jpeg

Ph 6.0,
35CC0A92-EB96-4717-B23A-B1BDD6164A24.jpeg

they will go straight in the soil, in the final pot tomorrow morning.
Everything getting acclimated.
6BC4C63A-7717-45AB-9664-5568DF674677.jpeg

Looking forward to 2022 !!
Happy New Year Everyone !!!
@Jean-O
@Marshydro

Last edited:
Good morning and Happy New Year !!
Y’all ever had one of those mornings, where there just wasn’t enough coffee to clear the cobwebs ?
:coffee2::coffee:
This morning was one of those and Old Murphy came around to spank my hind end !! :naughtystep:
Day # 0.25
I used the bottom of a sharpie marker to make a hole about 3/4” deep in each of the 3 grow bags. I then lightly sprinkled some mycorrhizae in each.
I got the bright idea to just slowly drizzle the soak water out into and around the area of the hole. I dropped the AH and loosely covered it, dropped the BBC and when I got to the WMN jar, it had much more water in it so I decided to drizzle that water onto the BBC grow site :)
Well somewhere during the “drizzle” process the WMN seed disappeared from inside the little jar :rofl:

I searched for 35 minutes on the surface of that soil with a magnifying glass and tweezers :wall: even reviewed the video footage LOL
Nothing, NADA, Zilch !!
I lightly covered the surface of that pot to make sure wherever the stray seed is that it’s covered and then decided to just plant another seed that hadn’t soaked LOL.

So what we have now is 2 of Jean-O’s WMN strains growing. Only problem is one of them is in the same pot as the BBC :muahaha:
For clarity’s sake
1- WMN seed, no-soak in the back left grow bag
1- WMN seed, soaked overnight in the left front grow bag.
1- BBC seed, soaked overnight in the left front grow bag
1- AH seed, soaked overnight in the right front grow bag.

E01A777B-69AE-49CF-A841-BDD7F6F7D0D9.jpeg

The mist water is the same as the soak water- 1ml per gal of GL in RO water, PH is 6.0… Note you should never have to adjust PH with Gold Leaf . I just always check and record to keep good records.
I covered the 3 I know the location of in a misted clear solo cup. I will be keeping an eye on the RH and misting as necessary.

We will see how this goes lol. I offset the main 3 locations to allow for some future LST processes.
Whenever the red-headed-step-child decides to pop up, it will eventually be moved to the back right grow bag.

If you get nothing else from my adventures, you’re sure to get comic relief:jointman::wiz:

Have a wonderful day and thanks for hanging with me on this journey. Many blessings for you and your upcoming adventures in 2022.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone !
The Stork made a partial delivery overnight :woohoo1:
Day#1

The BBC
It’s kinda neat that it seems to have chucked the shell off to the side, as it popped up overnight
799A251E-878E-4396-AF5B-50F1E48DE1F5.jpeg

CA1A7A85-6535-4C48-83ED-A92C26E4A9DF.jpeg
1D083F74-8988-495E-908D-714BBCD5B39A.jpeg

AH Looking nice and green.

43A3955E-53C9-406D-8F5D-9A069E63F411.jpeg

ADE93383-E1DB-40B0-B9AD-27C0B81C170B.jpeg

The two seeds, 1 no soak WMN and 1 WMN “lost” somewhere in the BBC pot haven’t popped yet, which I fully expected. Will keep an eye out for them.
After being Covid quarantined (Boss Lady) during Christmas and me battling Pneumonia and the after effects since just after thanksgiving, we were finally able to open some of the gifts. I was able to add some new stuff to the grow room/tents
My soil temperature has been running around 66-67 so I added a large seedling heating mat under the 4 drain pans. Seems to have worked really well.

B5D7BC10-71DA-491F-A8A9-BC1D0E45B239.jpeg

It’s now staying around 75 all the time.

I also was able to add a Humidity control which is attached to my cool-mist Humidifier. This setup seems to have kept my RH and VPD in good shape. I’m still playing around with it but I think it’s finally set where I need it.
EB319078-096F-4045-B369-B08F09F62386.jpeg

Cool-Mist
7CBDA78E-DE4D-418B-9F81-9D7B02ADC6B0.jpeg

A541C857-7249-427E-83B3-A975F0BC737D.jpeg

I added a drying tent and a cooling control to the drying tent. Grow #1 is doing pretty good in there and is about ready for the grove bags or mason jars, haven’t decided which yet. You can actually see the 2x2 AC infinity tent laying in the floor of the drying tent. They shipped it with missing pieces :wall:
Hopefully we can get that set up soon.

B1E0D339-821D-49D5-A6FC-E3BC08E4B3F4.jpeg

57FEDDCA-D060-4A84-8971-A0D8DC8AA91C.jpeg

It’s attached to the 4” Vivosun which is exhausting hot air outside from the top of the tent
There’s a stationary fan blowing air into a floor screen vent.
742C69C8-56EB-4065-A2A4-4D94904B9723.jpeg

It was running 65 or less but creeped up overnight and I need to address that today.
I added a stationary pole fan to the top of the grow tent as well.
Santa brought me a Viparspectra P1000, another pole fan and a couple scrog nets so we should have one if not two more grow tents available soon:jointman:

I added cover crops to all 4 grow bags, they are starting to germinate and root. 2 are crimson clover and 2 are alfalfa.
I have been misting the soil and Solo-Domes
with RO water every 6 hours or so to keep everything moist.
I will be adding 8 red wiggler worms to each and eventually some sanitized straw to all 4 as a mulch.
Thanks for hanging with me.

Last edited:
For anyone that was wondering about the wayward child
0B5DA144-BCC9-4CF9-B502-B5B2832A996F.jpeg
3CD4D04A-8DB2-4C6C-AB07-8C333B596588.jpeg

It has now been located :)
The one closest to the camera is the one from this morning and the BBC. The other is the WMN I “lost”.
Now I gotta figure out how & when to separate them !!!
The cover crops are starting to turn green.

Last edited:
Very nice selection you've gone with. Your setup looks to be top notch too. I know there's been some chatter about it, but I am suprised to see someone with the early development ACI pole fan.

A couple of questions if you have time:

Do you run your oscillating fan continously or on a timer? Is the cloudray overall a nice unit? Noise level? If you have other fans to compare to I am curious how much louder or quieter it is.

How do you like your humidistat? I currently have an inkbird version. It works "good" but not great.

Thanks and happy growing!

Very nice selection you've gone with. Your setup looks to be top notch too. I know there's been some chatter about it, but I am suprised to see someone with the early development ACI pole fan.

A couple of questions if you have time:

Do you run your oscillating fan continously or on a timer? Is the cloudray overall a nice unit? Noise level? If you have other fans to compare to I am curious how much louder or quieter it is.

How do you like your humidistat? I currently have an inkbird version. It works "good" but not great.

Thanks and happy growing!
The ACI Dev fan was a freebie if you bought any tent. It was a one day thing they had going recently and I jumped on it and got a 2x2, which if you can count the fan price (when it’s eventually released to the public) seemed like a heck of a deal to me LOL.
There is one issue I didn’t care for and it turns out it is NOT compatible with controller 67 . So it’s basically just a manual fan at this point. They are getting ready to release a controller 69 which it is compatible with. Considering I just bought the T6 cloudline setup, I was assuming the Cloudray S6 would work with the same controller. Now I’m going to have to buy controller 69 which I’m not sure if my T6 will work with that new controller at this point either.
Here’s the response I got from customer service
“Also, in regard to the CLOUDRAY S6, the Developer's version that you received, unfortunately, does not include an adapter to be used with a 4-Pin Molex connection. This unit would only have a UIS connection that will be compatible with the CONTROLLER 69 that is set to be released soon.”
The 2x2 was sent missing one corner bracket so that was the main reason for the customer service inquiry.
As far as the operation of the S6, I can barely hear it running but that’s not saying much for me (see below Digiten alarm).
It seems pretty smooth and the clamp holds pretty tight, even to a smaller pole in a non-ACI tent. I would bet it will hold solid in a ACI tent with the thicker poles. The side to side motion is very smooth. It has been running constantly from the day I received it. I now have 2 pole fans Santa also brought me, one is in the tent with the Cloudray buy is stationary. It appears to be louder with less air movement though.
Let me tell ya about the Digiten, I told my better half tonight that is the best gift she could have gotten me. I wanted a WiFi control and actually had inkbird in mind when I sent her my “list” but this is what I sent in error.
I was trying to keep cost down and didn’t realize it wasn’t WiFi also. That thing is super sensitive. I can open the tent door and it’s immediately dropping. It took me awhile to get all the parameters set but I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed either LOL.
I haven’t had a single issue with low humidity since I installed it. It will also work in dehumidifier mode. I truly like it, even if it is manual mode only. The only thing I don’t like is the alarm, it’s very loud and I’m almost deaf and wear hearing aids (Artillery Vet), as soon as I open the tent door it will drop below my set low point and the alarm starts going off. It’s easy enough to hit the enter button once to silence it but I’m afraid one day it will go off in the middle of the night and wake “the boss”. I’m still learning on it but I think I have it within the ranges it needs to be for now. I was actually using it to set the offset on the ACI controller for humidity, since it appears to be an almost instantaneous reading of true RH.
Hope that helps. I can grab a video for a better idea on noise levels if you need ?

Day#3 - Moved the wayward WMN to the back right grow bag. I was super nervous about this and hope I did it justice lol. I took a large serving spoon and went deep underneath the root ball and picked up the seedling. Had a prepared hole in the RR grow bag that I sprinkled mycorrhiza in lightly. Set it in and gently pressed around it and watered heavy with a mister, RO water only.
WMN-A (Wayward Child)
14DCCA27-A527-4115-8E72-EFB55467770D.jpeg

WMN-A
B280ACBC-AC5E-47AF-A38A-9AC0A1D89F45.jpeg

WMN-B (No Soak)
07B10453-763C-44D0-9C5F-AD5AB3607313.jpeg

AH- (Grow Off)
AB8A8803-7DAD-40B2-9582-BF8703DEF626.jpeg

Close up of WMN-B
8A81761B-6ED2-4521-9EDC-761B0536F6A4.jpeg

BBC- Measuring Stretch
95F19FAA-9095-40F2-8BDB-A797FC539C82.jpeg

They all appeared to be stretching, I bumped the light up to 50%. Lux reading is now 21,300-22,500.

My buddy said I need to fill in some more dirt to bring it closer to the top of the plant or remove and plant deeper now , which would y’all do ?
Up to this point I have been using a laundry sprayer to mist the top of the soil and around the base of the seedlings. I will probably start watering normal tomorrow and get on a schedule.

I set up the ACI 2x2 last night and playing around with one exhaust system for both smaller tents.

B7B29A89-054D-4B50-AEB5-0E53B1FA63F7.jpeg

The light the boss got me p1000 appears to be really bright. Noticed right away it gets warm fast.
FD0ECF4E-3117-47E9-A4C8-7292E02870C8.jpeg

BCE0A649-9F11-4928-9010-EC7B1F7B2D09.jpeg

I’ve got some more “stuff” on the way thanks to the kids and grands gift cards:yay:

Temp 76.3
RH- 67%
Soil Temp- 73f

Back