Next time try this recipe from traditionalovens.com. We have tried many and this is the best IMPO.

US measures for pizza dough ingredients:
US measurements - cups, ounces (oz), fluid ounces (fl oz).

29.5 oz (US) all-purpose flour (6.7 cups - convert flour cups vs. ounces)
1/2 ounce active dry yeast - or one tablespoon
2 tbsp brown sugar (optional - works with or without sugar, sugar adds on crisp)
2 teaspoons salt
2.1 cups (US) filtered "tepid" water (16.8 fl oz) - tepid water; mix 2 parts of cold water to 1 part boiling water

* Best is to weigh flour on scales in ounces, instead of using volume/cups measure (because if the cup is packed then more flour goes in and the dough gets harder less soft basically - when a cup measure is used it is filled with flour lightly from a sieve). Depending on your flour quality, if you'd like to make the dough less soft -next time add an additional 0.35oz of flour (or wise versa.)

Metric measurements pizza dough recipe:
METRIC measures - cups, grams (g), milliliters (ml).

825 grams plain fine flour (5 Metric cups - convert flour cups/grams)
14 grams active dry yeast - or one tablespoon
2 tbsp brown sugar (optional - works with or without sugar, sugar adds on crisp)
2 teaspoons salt
500 ml filtered "tepid" water (2 Metric cups) - tepid water; mix two parts of cold water to one part boiling water

* Best is to weigh flour on scales in grams, instead of using cups/volume measuring (because if the cup is packed then you use extra flour and the dough gets less soft and it feels much harder - when a cup measure is used it is generally filled with flour lightly from a sieve). Depending on your flour quality, if you'd like to make this dough less soft -next time add an extra 10g of flour (or wise versa.)

*best flour to make pizza dough is "flour type 00" used for pizza & pasta. 00 Flour is finer grind therefore it's heavier in weight.

Best pizza base dough flour Type 00.
Flour type #00 - is best flour for pizza base dough
and is the finest grind.

Total weight of the finished dough comes to 43 oz (1.2kg) which is good amount for 7 thin pizza bases at 6 oz (170g) per each base and pizza, or enough for 3-4 of 12" to 16" (305mm to 406mm) large pizzas with thick base. You can freeze or refrigerate unused dough in a plastic wrap.

Very similar recipes I am still working out of my CIA books. The big one is to bloom the yeast in a cup with sugar or something for them to eat when alive. I am going to turn the dough over to the Queen Bee because she made an awesome pizza last time. I used high gluten flour so @Mañ'O'Green You can look but do not touch. :baked:

Very similar recipes I am still working out of my CIA books. The big one is to bloom the yeast in a cup with sugar or something for them to eat when alive. I am going to turn the dough over to the Queen Bee because she made an awesome pizza last time. :baked:
The biggest difference really is the "00" flour. The one in the red bag is good for conventional oven 500°F while the one in the red bag is good for brick oven 700° - 800°F

Thin crispy crust stoner deluxe
Stoner pizza.JPG

Very similar recipes I am still working out of my CIA books. The big one is to bloom the yeast in a cup with sugar or something for them to eat when alive. I am going to turn the dough over to the Queen Bee because she made an awesome pizza last time. I used high gluten flour so @Mañ'O'Green You can look but do not touch. :baked:
Yeah this gluten allergy is new territory for me. I have some new flour coming to give a try. The King Arthur stuff is very good and I will be experimenting with both the next time I fire up the oven.

ScreenHunter_257 Apr. 30 17.35.jpg

PizzaOven2.jpg

oven 11-51.jpg

:worship:-- home made pizza! :crisps: I'll wedge any kind down but deep dish is still my fav'! I love great dough too, so that's partly why... My buddy's wife was in Chicago for a meeting a while back, and had to-die-for deep dish.. I forget the name, dammit, but later she ordered some via air-mail to get a fix! Very f'ing expensive pizza - :rofl: - but so damn good!! the crust was interesting, almost a pie-like texture to it... Another place, long gone now (and still the best I've had to date) was a little Ma&Pa place, all scratch, and he double baked his med-thick crusts... perfection!- med density, tender, crisp bottom, resisted the soggies on top,.. his sauce was amazing, made the pizza along with the crust! ...pepperoni, salami, sausage, onion, and I sub'ed in fine carrot and broccoli... weird as it sounds, it's pairs up deliciously!

:smoking: Dinner tonight, Feng Cheng Honey Tender chicken, mochi type rice (sweet short grain, very glutinous and sticky, unique taste), and Asian slaw with
vinegar peanut butter dressing.... it's a great hot weather dish, served room temp and so easy to make!

FCHT chkn.jpg

Back