You peeps just do not have access to the Good Armenian heirloom red onions grown on the east side of the San Joaquin Valley. They are more flat than round and the flesh is thick. They will be harvested starting in the first part of June. They are sweet and absolutely the best red onion. I make a salad that is the ultimate summer salad. Sliced fresh red onion, Sliced Beefsteak style tomatoes and sliced Armenian Cucumbers With a simple vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and oil dressing.

ScreenHunter_254 Apr. 17 11.22.jpg

ScreenHunter_254 Apr. 17 11.24.jpg

ScreenHunter_254 Apr. 17 11.23.jpg

:vibe:

I roasted coffee today a 50/50 blend of these two coffees. I used to follow recipes for blends but I just wing it a lot now.

ScreenHunter_254 Apr. 17 15.07.jpg
ScreenHunter_254 Apr. 17 15.04.jpg

I roast 113g of each for about 1/2 pound. This will last 5 days.

@Mossy was looking to see the hardware..............
_DSC2938.JPG
_DSC2940.JPG

The roast level is Fullcity+ to almost Vienna. The beans moved really fast from first crack to second crack. It is roasted a little more than I was planning.
_DSC2941.JPG

The grinder. Most important piece of equipment in any proper cup of any style of coffee.
_DSC2936.JPG
_DSC2934.JPG

After those coffee processing pics I have a case of coffee on the brain. So bad I drug out this maker and coffee that a earlier guest left. I am not sure of the mechanics but not bad. I hear ya laughing :rofl:

Attachments

• coffee.JPG
    coffee.JPG
    323.3 KB · Views: 45
After those coffee processing pics I have a case of coffee on the brain. So bad I drug out this maker and coffee that a earlier guest left. I am not sure of the mechanics but not bad. I hear ya laughing :rofl:
I am not laughing because I used to think that was coffee also. For many years I had a heart condition called tachycardia (pulse at 200) and if I drank anything with caffeine it would set it off. I had a medical procedure (catheter ablation) that fixed the problem and the doctor told me I could drink coffee again. Several years passed and one day surfing the net I came across some peeps roasting coffee in an old popcorn popper and exclaiming how good it was. I went to the thrift store and picked one up and got some green coffee somewhere and I roasted a batch. I did not have a proper grinder or coffee maker but I managed to make a cup and I had no idea coffee could taste that good. It is a world away from "Folgers". By getting the proper equipment and learning how to use it I have increased the "good" in a good cup by 10 fold from that first home roast. You would not believe it until you try it.

Thank's for the coffee info and great luck on a correct diagnosis for your condition. The only coffee roasting that I have done was for a triple layer red velvet cake. One of the layer's of frosting was a coffee flavor. I remember the recipe calling for freshly ground and roasted coffee. You have helped tons with my coffee education it all makes sense. I just want some :coffee2:

I know I build my tacos backwards but think about it, first the cheese then the meat so the cheese melts. then the taco sauce ( I like green and red), next is the cilantro and the avocado, then the tomato and finally the shredded lettuce or cabbage. So if you do it like most peeps the cheese is on top and falls all over the place when you pick up the taco to eat it. I carries along with it some sauce tomato avocado etc. Now eating a taco is always a messy prospect but if the bare lettuce/cabbage is on top it can be less messy.

_DSC2965.JPG

This pineapple Chutney is my version of one out of the pro cookery book. Yummy by itself or over ice cream.
plated.JPG

Attachments

• original recipe book.JPG
    original recipe book.JPG
    310.5 KB · Views: 50
  • recipe 1.JPG
    recipe 1.JPG
    359 KB · Views: 49
  • pineaple.JPG
    pineaple.JPG
    391.2 KB · Views: 42
  • stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 54
@bushmasterar15 Hey Bushy I went to Trader Joe's yesterday as we needed many items. I looked for the simmer sauce I mentioned but it was not available. I picked a couple new ones and tried this one tonight.

_DSC2974.JPG

_DSC2975.JPG

I did not have any peanuts around so I used Cashews to sprinkle on top.

_DSC2976.JPG

It was very good. In the time it takes to cook rice............

:vibe:

:hothot:Looks like tasty spicy goodness @Mañ'O'Green. The Thai green curry simmer sauce sounds like it would work in my chutney also since I left out that for my (spicy taste) I add 1 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon of red curry powder.

Back