:drool: looking delish' my friends!

-- @bushmasterar15 .... BBQ ribs are a food group to me - :rofl::woohoo1:... the smoker is a wonderful thing.... This is a Memphis style dry rub, no sauce allowed! Several types of whole seeds are used, very intense aroma, but the cooking mellows and marries the blend to perfection; not pictured here, but a finishing glaze of beer + mustard takes it off the charts :crisps: .... if interested, I'll post the recipe!
View attachment 1178214View attachment 1178215View attachment 1178216

>>>> MoG some of those bottled sauces are damn good! Trader Joes makes good ones too.... If you can get it, the fresh pizza dough can work as a fast naan bread in a skillet!
Comfort food casseroles..... chicken curry, one of my fav's-->
View attachment 1178226

:crisps: Yes @Waira post recipes....:bighug:

Those ribs look awesome. Since I got my food allergy test back it looks like I can eat pork again if I do not eat it too often.

I do indeed get some of the sauces at Trader Joe's. I don't have one in the pantry and I cannot remember the name of one I really like. Next time I pick some up I will post the picture.

I bought about 40 pounds of the Foster Farms chicken breast pieces at Costco to stock the freezer for the stay at home mandate. It is the easiest food to prepare. just dump in a pan cook and add whatever...............
View attachment 1178241

Wow...I know everything is Bigger in the USA....:pass:..but how big is your freezer to take 40 lbs of chicken...:biggrin:

Reminds me of a holiday in Whitby and hubby chatting up the local game keeper...:nono:...he told hubby he sold whole rabbits for £1 ....hubby said really...at that price I'll have as many as you've got....:doh:...doh..

Next morning the guy turns up with 25 frozen rabbits...cost us £99 for a new chest freezer...:doh:..bloody expensive rabbits...

:crying:

Yo grow Bro's and Babes I graduated from the CIA about 9 years ago, CIA stands for the Culinary Institute of America. This is a favorite cold salad of mine. Just be careful with the onions they can over power the crap out of it. Make a vinaigrette by whisking the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey and mustard together. Be gentle with the lentils. Lightly simmer until they are al dente in the middle, then drain and mix together.View attachment 1178589

Olive oil..honey and vinegar...the start of so many brilliant salad dressings....:chef:....

It is really tough when we travel because quite frankly 99.99% of it out there is just not up to my standards. So you try to explain to a "Barista" LB vs Americano but they already know it all so I end up with a cup of weak-ass coffee. I did meet this one Barista in the most unlikely of places, the dealership where we bought or car. Not only did he listen but he immediately brewed my LB correctly he brewed himself one along with an Americano. Then he did a taste test side by side. His reaction is the same one you get every time - wow that really makes a difference. They should listen to a man that roasts coffee every 5 days because coffee 8-10 days off the roast are the best. Did I mention I am a coffee snob :rofl:.

Show your Kit @Mañ'O'Green :pass:...everyone will know you are a coffee geek....

I've found more coffee that I didn't like than ones I do...:coffee:

I buy Lidls Gold...it has a choclate aftertaste/smell....:crying:...chocolate....

Our motto when travelling is don't drink coffee in the UK and don't drink tea in Spain......:biggrin:

I hear you on red onions, some are just too gnarly concentrated, even bitter-ish,... it's sweet onions I'll swap out on occasion when I don't want the reds slapping the rest of the flavors around- :rofl:.... another trick a Mexican gal shared with me is to soak the sliced onion in lemon or lime juice for a bit, makes for a delish' little tangy zip to them!

When red onions started getting popular they were sweet..fat fleshed..now they are bitter and thin fleshed.... :nono: ..I rarely use them.
We have dulce/sweet onions in Spain...very fat fleshed...I find I but them all the time.

@Mossy I agree on the red onions. The big reason for them is their color = plate appeal. Any other onion even a green or sweet has a much more mellow taste for my preference. @Mañ'O'Green the salesman/coffee guy shows that ya never know when a "Foody" will appear.

@Mossy I agree on the red onions. The big reason for them is their color = plate appeal. Any other onion even a green or sweet has a much more mellow taste for my preference. @Mañ'O'Green the salesman/coffee guy shows that ya never know when a "Foody" will appear.

Yup with you on the colours/plate appeal..my View is your 5 a day are 5 different colours...:headbang:...the Dulce here are sweeter and fatter skinned than even spring onions...

Hey everybody I'm new around here but I'm real happy to see there are some eaters here. Today is a special day for food here at our house. Can't wait to get the boil fired up. Cheers to good eats!
20200417_121115.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When red onions started getting popular they were sweet..fat fleshed..now they are bitter and thin fleshed.... :nono: ..I rarely use them.
We have dulce/sweet onions in Spain...very fat fleshed...I find I but them all the time.
I personally feel that anyone that serves me red onion, especially raw, is trying to insult me. Sweet yellow onions ftw.

Hey everybody I'm new around here but I'm real happy to see there are some eaters here. Today is a special day for food here at our house. Can't wait to get the boil fired up. Cheers to good eats!

Welcome to our Home @oldnewbdude :chef:...always room for another cook in the Kitchen....Stoners with the munchies mean we are 24/7....

Hey everybody I'm new around here but I'm real happy to see there are some eaters here. Today is a special day for food here at our house. Can't wait to get the boil fired up. Cheers to good eats!View attachment 1179968

I'll be 'round in 10 minutes..should I bring a plate.....?.....:chef:

:crisps: Yes @Waira post recipes....:bighug:
:cheers: there are a bunch in the old food thread,.. is that still around? The Grape Pickers Skillet is in there for sure! I'll fish around for it and c/p them again into here,... I made some Goulash last night: beefy goodness, butter and parsley noodles, savory sauce = comfort food! Very distracting coz I totally forgot to take pics - :rofl:...oh well, tonight then, we all know the flavor is even better the next day!
Don't be hatin' on me reds! :rofl: they have their place,... their flavor is unique, I love them on burgers, BLT's, in pico de gallo... I wonder if that occasional harshness is a seasonal thing, or a soil/regional thing? Some really are too obnoxious, I must admit!
Oooo, I have a killer recipe for Onions Au Gratin,... slow cooked caramelized onions, gruyere, Reggiano parm', splash of sherry and dash of herbs... a nice crusty baguette = :crisps: :muahaha:--- am I killin' ya yet?

Welcome to our Home @oldnewbdude :chef:...always room for another cook in the Kitchen....Stoners with the munchies mean we are 24/7....

I'll be 'round in 10 minutes..should I bring a plate.....?.....:chef:
No plates, newspaper or plastic tablecloth. I would love to have you but that's only 30 lbs and there's some cajuns gonna be present... next time

Back