@Mañ'O'Green that burger looks great and when cooked over a charcoal grill with the fresh toppings and condiments, I would guess that you were not asking "where's the beef"? I have not tried a vegy burger yet. When I was in culinary school ten years ago the gluten issues were just becoming a big topic I only remember the baking chef's talking about how the flour and the mixing affects the gluten. Over mixing is bad I remember. I pulled out my old nutrition book to see if there is any info and no there was not any. These issues were addressed in the ServeSafe class that at the time had vary little on the subject. Times have changed and I have noticed food allergy and gluten issues are addressed by ServeSafe certifications that should be on the wall visible in restaurants. I do not work in the food industry I only went to school for personal knowledge. I imagine that the gluten issue would be more difficult then the beef. At least now there are alternatives that are just as good food wise years ago you were sol.

@Green Hornet I was born into the restaurant/bar business. I actually took my first bath in the dish sink at the family restaurant. My wife is a graduate of the Culinary Academy of San Francisco (gone now :sad:) so we are no strangers to food. This gluten allergy is not new to me just knowing I have it and it is what caused so much pain is!

There are many, many grain combinations out there to formulate gluten free flour. The very thing we are eliminating gluten is what makes bread elastic. Without it = hockey puck.

I will find something. King Arthur has a bread recipe I want to try.

Simple but elegant and they come with a handle :haha:

Steamed Artichokes 2 garlic cloves, 1/8 cup red wine vinegar and salt. Steam for 45 min. to 1 hour until the stem is fork tender.

Frenched lamb chops fast marinade of red wine, mint, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper olive oil blended until creamy. Marinate 30 minutes or more to taste but overnight is to long IMPO. Grilled on a very hot fire.

_DSC3077.JPG
_DSC3074.JPG

This was supposed to be for my birthday yesterday but it was not thawed out enough. So I waited. It is bad enough that they were frozen; I did not want to add to the degradation by force thawing them.

_DSC3081.JPG

:glutton: now for a
Dabs.png
and all is well!

I love this dish. Eggplant with the seeds carved out and filled with wild brown rice then a coating of marinara sauce then mozzarella cheese. Bake @350 degrees F for about 35 minutes.
Eggplant ready for the oven.JPG
Baked.JPG
100_1232.JPG

@420Forever Food!

Gluten free Crispy Fried Chicken, Wild Rice Blend with Saffron and a Tossed Green Salad.

_DSC3188.JPG
_DSC3189.JPG
_DSC3190.JPG

@Mossy Have I given you this recipe? Put a piece of parchment on your board pour a cup or two of Rice Krispies and roll them with a rolling pin to the texture you want. Mix in a 1/3 portion of gluten free flour, salt and pepper to taste. Use an egg and cream(buttermilk, nut milk) to make a wash and bread boneless skinless thighs. Place in refigerator at least 30 minutes and fry in the oil of your choice. I used vegetable, avocado, and olive oil in a blend.

:vibe:

Looks very appetizing MOG. I know you have your gluten issue. My issue is gout. The main trigger is canola oil for me. Nice selection of oil. :chef:

Looks very appetizing MOG. I know you have your gluten issue. My issue is gout. The main trigger is canola oil for me. Nice selection of oil. :chef:
I sometimes use butter instead of the olive oil. I like the blends to impart different profiles to the fried foods.

:vibe:

Back