Wait….,that’s porky pig ya?
I couldn’t figure out if you were fucking with me or not :rofl: :rofl:
Pork chops marinated in a mix of picante sauce, soy, Italian dressing, cumin, chili powder…., cooked on the grill with the lid closed, about 700 degrees….for maximum char….cooked to 165 internal

Made some chicken sausage today, about 36 pounds of it.
4 x each recipe for the spices.
_DSC5166.JPG

The salt correction is for chicken. If using pork use the full amount.
T
_DSC5167.JPG

I use half anise and half fennel.
_DSC5169.JPG

I have discovered if I use some plastic wrap over the tops of the spice jars not used daily before the lids the spices keep significantly better.

_DSC5170.JPG
_DSC5171.JPG
_DSC5172.JPG
_DSC5173.JPG
_DSC5174.JPG
_DSC5175.JPG
_DSC5176.JPG

OMG you wish you had some of this chicken stock. It is like cream of chicken. Dare I say Bone Broth
:crying: :crying: :crying: My wife and I and real cooks the world over laugh to themselves every time somebody talks about Bone Broth :crying::crying::crying:

_DSC5177.JPG

Got the breakfast sausage made into patties and in the freezer. I ended up with 50 total but have eaten 5 already. We really like chicken sausage.

_DSC5178.JPG
_DSC5179.JPG
_DSC5180.JPG

I dropped into SweetMaria's to see what was in stock for espresso and Oooh La La I scored big!

2022-09-14_10-53-16.jpg

I just spent $90.00 on 11# of coffee delivered. It will make 306 coffee drinks using 16g per drink. The average double shot espresso drink is ~$3.25+ 3.25x306=994.50 So I save $900. by making my fantastic and way better than most of what you can buy espresso. That $400.00 grinder does not look so expensive now.

The Italian style sausage is all in the freezer now. Half is made into links and half into patties.

_DSC5195.JPG

When cooked from frozen they keep their shape

So if anyone is looking for Gluten free Focaccia Bread Ms. MOG hit it out of the park with a simple tweak to the Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza crust mix.

2022-09-15_15-39-03.jpg

Just add 1.5tsp. of Baking Powder to one bag of this and make according to the package and bake @ 400°F for 20 minutes. I would add some rosemary infused olive oil and she sprinkled the top very lightly with flaked salt. Dip in your favorite Olive Oil.

_DSC5196.JPG
_DSC5197.JPG
_DSC5198.JPG
_DSC5199.JPG
_DSC5200.JPG

Or stuff with meat and cheese and cook on the Panini Grill!

Hopefully, I will never have to go gluten free ,but it is helpful to see this so I can advise others not so lucky.
As the late John Pinette said. Gluten, you know the stuff that makes things taste good.

Damns Frankslam. Just gorgeous with the pics. I made some fresh ground chuck that I course ground into some nice 6oz patties that I pressed. Put em on the Kong with the Grill Grates and that fucking sick Grill Grates Spatula tool that goes down in the grates. Genius. All I can say is, I’m hooked!!

In a nutshell, using Grill Grates makes cooking on charcoal or live fire MUCH more like a gas grill. I made grilled wild pink shrimp scampi with the crumbly Gorgonzola and bacon burgers. These things are fucking sick. Let me tell it like this: once you go grates, you can’t ever go back. Wowza. I got some pics I will track down. That good. 6/5 all day

We had BBQ Chicken yesterday. Ms. MOG found a new goat Monterey Jack style cheese. I made a quesadilla out of it and I am in love. Because I eat so much goat and sheep dairy I don't notice if there is a goat "barnyard" component. It is a solid Monterey Jack in flavor, texture and melting characteristics.

2022-09-19_13-40-37.jpg

Back