I want corned beef hash for breakfast so bad.............. So I am making corned pork which will eventually be corned pork hash.

The pork sirloin is pickling.

_DSC5223.JPG

Corned pork
  • 2.5 cups sauerkraut brine
  • 2 cups celery juice
  • 1/2 cup pickling salt
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup beet juice this gives the pork the expected pink color. Using nitrates will keep the pork pink, using celery will not. You could also use the natural food coloring that is made from beets. It is just fine without it - but it will be a grey color...
  • 1/2 cup Penzey’s Corned Beef spices.
  • Water, about 2 cups if needed
Ps. It has been manipulated several times today to eliminate any air pockets. It is important not to have air on the meat! A popular method is to use a weighted plate in a crock. Bags work just fine if you just burp them when needed.

Last edited:
Nice bro….you never cease to do something nuts

Chipolte carmelized onion chicken liver Tacos. No matter what you think, they are fricken deilish.

IMG_20221002_193053065.jpg

Ohh…I am a certified professional chili hound. I won my first chili cook off right as Covid 27 came to be. I’m hoping the guy does it again this season…it’s right around Super Bowl Sunday. I have been working on this recipe for precisely 25 years, and I tweaked it every time up until the last 7 times or so. I’ve made it about 50-60 times, and I took notes and kept the recipe for the first 20. After that it became like riding a bike. But just in case I get bonked in the noggin or something, I wrote the recipe down the night I made the winning batch. And wouldn’t ya know, it was an absolutely flawless batch. I actually followed the recipe the time after that, just to make sure, and it was equally perfect. I have put so much work into this, and I’ve had 30 people say that it’s the best chili they’ve ever had no contest. It’s got a couple features that you don’t see every day. Foyst, it’s loaded with fresh peppers and onions that are very course chopped. Second, it uses course ground chuck that you grind yourself or have the butch do it. It has a bit of sweetness from the Nances that is absolutely like nothing you’ve had…and it uses high end chili powder and cumin. Two bottles of chili powder and 1 bottles of cumins. And it’s a 4 banger bean from Hangar 18.

Try saying that fast 6 times.
78325F30-E10E-420C-A898-B4070EEAA443.jpeg

I’m gonna make some in the next few weeks. It’s about that time for sure.

Ohh…I am a certified professional chili hound. I won my first chili cook off right as Covid 27 came to be. I’m hoping the guy does it again this season…it’s right around Super Bowl Sunday. I have been working on this recipe for precisely 25 years, and I tweaked it every time up until the last 7 times or so. I’ve made it about 50-60 times, and I took notes and kept the recipe for the first 20. After that it became like riding a bike. But just in case I get bonked in the noggin or something, I wrote the recipe down the night I made the winning batch. And wouldn’t ya know, it was an absolutely flawless batch. I actually followed the recipe the time after that, just to make sure, and it was equally perfect. I have put so much work into this, and I’ve had 30 people say that it’s the best chili they’ve ever had no contest. It’s got a couple features that you don’t see every day. Foyst, it’s loaded with fresh peppers and onions that are very course chopped. Second, it uses course ground chuck that you grind yourself or have the butch do it. It has a bit of sweetness from the Nances that is absolutely like nothing you’ve had…and it uses high end chili powder and cumin. Two bottles of chili powder and 1 bottles of cumins. And it’s a 4 banger bean from Hangar 18.

View attachment 1527335
Now I am hungary for chili but it is still to hot her for chili, maybe next month.

Ms. MOGs Uncle was a devoted Chili Cook Off Master. He has a whole wall of trophies etc. He confided in me one time that the biggest secret to his chili was how he prepared his garlic before adding to the pot. Trim the 1/4 top growing end and 1/4 root end of the clove leaving only the middle portion. Then process by hand in a mortar and pestle with salt.

View attachment 1527335
My winning chili starts with grilled smoked chuck roast, caramelized onions and various dried peppers, quality dried beans and smoked cumin and jalapenos, and roasted garlic. Welcome to flavor country![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
My winning chili starts with grilled smoked chuck roast, caramelized onions and various dried peppers, quality dried beans and smoked cumin and jalapenos, and roasted garlic. Welcome to flavor country!
[/QUOTE]
That sounds really good!

Ms. MOG roasted a bunch of peppers today.

_DSC5246.JPG

Okay. So I use 1.5 heads I think. It depends on how big they are. An absolute shit ton of garlic. Like 24 cloves or so. My chili isn’t even close to regulation Chili Society cook off rules. My shit is addictive eating chili. You can’t even use beans for real cook offs. The one that i took…was about a dozen entries. I got a bottle of Knob Creek and a Visa gift card for my efforts, which covered my costs and earned me a phat $37 or so afterwards. Plus the bottle, and the other half of the batch which I left at home. Smrt.

For this, you had to make it the morning of, and grab a paper or something that proved the date, with your ingredients in frame along with whatever device you were gonna use to serve it. I used a Crockpot electricitied with heat. I made mine real early. I really hope he does it again this year. It’s been not happening in 2021. All signs point to yes. I want to win again. I also get to rock the chef hat as returning champ. Ohh yeah. I’m totally stealing that garlic trick with using the middles next time. I hope it makes a difference.

Mr Bobcat sir. Damn brosef…we should swap recipes and make each other’s. I really liked the sound of that start. I can do that!! Is it written down?

Downy. Aka Little Gipper. Yang. Yup.
E230BA63-3C8F-49AD-82E5-49F28A024C1B.jpeg

Back