What is that? Those look like langostina maybe…or really nice prawns? Chubby.

5 - 4 oz. lobster tails, previously frozen, all I could find in these parts. They were par-boiled 1 minute, meat removed from the shell and then sous vide with lots of butter @130°F for an hour. They were very good but not a live Maine!

Some peel and eat with a nice salad for lunch today! Had my sister bring back 10 pounds from the Outer Banks, NC yesterday

IMG_8645.jpg

Thanks for all the well wishes for Nurse B fellas. It worked!!! It’s not broken, it’s a REALLY bad sprain. She went to the ER yesterday morning…even the folks there thought it was broke. They took some X-rays from every angle and determined it wasn’t busted. Amazing!!

I didn’t even see all the love until now, or I would have said something before. Thanks very much. I really appreciate it. Food looks amazing as always crew.

I can’t believe that you hid that pizza contraption for this long son. Truly awesome setup my man. I really would like to do a pie in my Kang….what’s the secret. I got the diffuser….I also got a pizza stone that looks like it’ll fit just about perfect. Obviously you want to get the grill and the stone shit hot before, but I haven’t made much pizza outside of a pizzeria. Any tips/tricks that I should know? Thanks loves. Doc Babbles

Alrighty….this turned out fantastic! The meat took all of about 3 minutes to cook….she was above 700f when I threw the carne asada on. I made a quick refried beans for the side.…:headbang:
FF443422-329C-4FFA-AEB7-87362C5224B9.jpeg
EF31F9D1-8479-4DC7-82F7-33042687FAFC.jpeg
47FFD16D-8561-4782-B170-E4F78D2A950C.jpeg
7E1D083E-6A82-4B53-B8F2-939D2C8EB223.jpeg

Glad to hear Nurse B wasn’t hurt too bad, Doc :pass:

Thanks for all the well wishes for Nurse B fellas. It worked!!! It’s not broken, it’s a REALLY bad sprain. She went to the ER yesterday morning…even the folks there thought it was broke. They took some X-rays from every angle and determined it wasn’t busted. Amazing!!

I didn’t even see all the love until now, or I would have said something before. Thanks very much. I really appreciate it. Food looks amazing as always crew.

I can’t believe that you hid that pizza contraption for this long son. Truly awesome setup my man. I really would like to do a pie in my Kang….what’s the secret. I got the diffuser….I also got a pizza stone that looks like it’ll fit just about perfect. Obviously you want to get the grill and the stone shit hot before, but I haven’t made much pizza outside of a pizzeria. Any tips/tricks that I should know? Thanks loves. Doc Babbles
If you go a infrared thermo I would get the stone up to about 650 and try and get it on fast and keep the dome closed as much as possible. If you get it hotter the topping might not get done b4 you burn the crap out of the bottom. You are going to have to figure it out. I am usaully 750 to 800 on the floor. I have had it up to 950 on the floor and all you do is burn the shit out of everything. I also am turning the pizza as it goes because i have fire on the sides. Just make lots of dough and make the pizza real simple to you get the hang of it.

Alrighty….this turned out fantastic! The meat took all of about 3 minutes to cook….she was above 700f when I threw the carne asada on. I made a quick refried beans for the side.…:headbang:
View attachment 1482552View attachment 1482549View attachment 1482550View attachment 1482551

Glad to hear Nurse B wasn’t hurt too bad, Doc :pass:
Looks great and the grill looks like it is doing a great job. I believe I will get one of those eventually. Mainly because I can't see spending for a griddle alone. Plus I need the NG optiion and want to get the 2/3 griddle. The LOCO griddles look real nice but are propane and just as much money for just a griddle

Looks great and the grill looks like it is doing a great job. I believe I will get one of those eventually. Mainly because I can't see spending for a griddle alone. Plus I need the NG optiion and want to get the 2/3 griddle. The LOCO griddles look real nice but are propane and just as much money for just a griddle
Thanks buddy…yea this grill rocks. And I like that it has both…I use the hell outta the griddle. To tell you the truth, I haven’t really cooked inside since I’ve had it :rofl:

I’m so happy for you Franky, that Primate appears to be a knockout across the board…I absolutely ecstatic that I turned you on to the good folks at Grilla. And my god, their customer service is second to none. In this crazy dog eat dog corporate run world that has materialized literally out of this air, it’s SO FUCKING NICE when you find companies like this that build top tier products, have ridiculously honest prices, phenomenal customer service, and aren’t a soulless giant corporation…you can see the passion they have. And being a direct to consumer, makes price points so much easier for them to hit without cutting corner.

I did a good amount of research into Kamados, and that’s how I found Grilla. Every single product I’ve bought from direct to retail companies has punched WELL above its weight, so I had high expectations. If any of you guys are into “high end audio” gear…typically called audiophile grade, there is a sick company called Emotiva that makes phenomenal speakers and amplifiers for extremely honest prices, and follows the direct to consumer model…and looks great doing it too. Check this:

Emotiva A2 Stereo Amplifier. 250w x 2 into 4 ohms…class AB, phenomenal reviews, powerful as hell, very well built. $449
F3C2C893-3177-45A4-A530-FBFE792142DF.jpeg
293F3105-4F09-434A-8BA8-C315E1F0FD10.jpeg

Emotiva T2+ Towers. High sensitivity, 8”woofers, 5.25” midrange, 1” folded ribbon tweeter, 3/4” HDF construction with 1” HDF main baffle…magnetic grills, high end crossover, black lacquer finish, 4 feet tall, phenomenal reviews again…$1099 for the pair
3C874EC0-9786-426A-9412-C8808FF77F5B.jpeg

26009553-1EFD-4FF8-8A02-DC3AA4479461.jpeg

If y’all are into music as much as me, and you have never heard what true high end audio can do for you, you’re missing out. It’s never been a better time to shop for some high end audio gear. Also check out GR Research out of Texas…they make DIY speakers that will make you question what a speaker is capable of doing. Another direct to consumer business. Insanity fellas.

Back