I did a brisket and a shoulder on the pellet grill for an event and I started it the night b4. The shoulder was done way before the event, I just put it in the cooler and had to pull it out and let it cool off more so I could pull it. It is a pain to be on the clock with a crowd coming it is a lot of pressure. Everybody is talking to you and you forget what the hell you are doing. Good Luck

So it's done now. Question is whether to set an alarm and wake up in a couple hours and pull it and put it in the fridge and reheat tomorrow, or leave it in the oven wrapped and do it all in the morning and just keep it warm. Not supposed to eat until like 5pm tomorrow

So it's done now. Question is whether to set an alarm and wake up in a couple hours and pull it and put it in the fridge and reheat tomorrow, or leave it in the oven wrapped and do it all in the morning and just keep it warm. Not supposed to eat until like 5pm tomorrow
I’m with bobcat….stick that thing in a cooler full of towels and go to bed….it will be well above 140 when you get up.

I’m with bobcat….stick that thing in a cooler full of towels and go to bed….it will be well above 140 when you get up.
This is what I'd normally do but the thing is I've still got like 17 hours before it gets eaten. I know it'll still be hot as hell in the cooler 6 hours from now but 17 hours is kind of a long time to keep pork safe. Not really sure if I should shred it while it's hot and refrigerate overnight and reheat, or let it cool and shred in the morning then fridge then heat to eat :shrug:. Sure it'll be fine either way

This is what I'd normally do but the thing is I've still got like 17 hours before it gets eaten. I know it'll still be hot as hell in the cooler 6 hours from now but 17 hours is kind of a long time to keep pork safe. Not really sure if I should shred it while it's hot and refrigerate overnight and reheat, or let it cool and shred in the morning then fridge then heat to eat :shrug:. Sure it'll be fine either way
Yea both will work. I think it pulls nicer while still hot, but that’s just me.

PXL_20220703_045059423.jpg

Dirt cake for the kids (I love this shit)
PXL_20220703_045526635.jpg

It'll get some gummy worms and fake flowers tomorrow :vibe:

Back